Orange hair!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!!!! I have royally messed up my hair! I decided to get fancy and bleach my hair on my own and have succeeded only in damaging my hair! Its now orange, dry, brittle and very, very damaged:( I have naturally dark hair (im of indian descent) and really wanted a rich chocolate brown colour. After numerous failed attempts with box tints, i decided I needed to bleach my hair and then colour. I did it on Monday and coloured my hair yesterday. the colour didnt hold at all except on the ends. I went back to the pharmacy and got another box and the sales ladies who bleach their own hair recommended I re-bleach mine and then apply the new colour. I bleached again yesterday and coloured this morning! Again the ends have taken but I have really bad 4cm orange roots! Please help me! What can I do! The whole reason I did this at home was to save some money, since its costing me so much now I really regret it! PLEASE HELP ME! What can I do to get the orange roots out! Thanks in advance!

Do you have a Sally's or another open to public beauty supply store? You need a blue-base toner.

If you can't get a hold of toner I guess you could try Clairol Shimmer Lights ( a shampoo) but it probably won't work as well.

Maybe you could go to a beauty school / training salon and see if they can help?

You should try products by seeing its ingredients and public reviews whether that product works or not.

But we go for popular products.

I can recall similar threads regarding the same topic.

Have you tried search the hair forum to see what other advice was offered?

Normally, you shouldn't have to bleach black to get brown.  If you have previously dyed black hair, you'll need to remove the black with dye remover - not bleach.

Well when I went blonde and it turned orange at the roots, I waited 24 hours to redo it. I took and sprayed lemon juice on the roots to lighten it up a bit. I rinsed it out after a hour of applying the juice every 5 minutes. The next day, I colored over the roots with regular boxed hair color. Never bleach it twice within 48 hours!! And after the coloring I used a conditioner that help protect the color but don't wash your hair with shampoo. Just rinse the color out and use the conditioner.

Thanks ladies! All I can say is that it was a lesson learnt the hard way! I have tried a Schwarskop Live Silver Toner... must say it didnt do much! Since I have posted this I have tried deep conditioning and I must say I managed to repair most of the damage by using mayonnaise... disgusting but its worked wonders! Thank you for all the advise I will definitely try it out!

Help! I dyed my hair a golden brown and it turned orange. I got it down to a dark strawberry blonde/orange. Can I bleach it and it go blonde? I WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET IT BLONDE BY TONIGHT!

Help! I dyed my hair a golden brown and it turned orange. I got it down to a dark strawberry blonde/orange. Can I bleach it and it go blonde? I WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET IT BLONDE BY TONIGHT!

Latest posts

Back