Orangey-red lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In a magazine I saw a model with a orangey-red lipstick on. It looked gorgeous on her. My question is what do you pair with a orangey-red lip?

I wouldn't have a clue!! I always go for a pale lip look so then i can do anything i like with my eyes.. Hmm let me think about it & i'll get back to u if i come up with some combo!

Depending on what you are doing....like wearing it to the office or wearing it to a special occassion....you have several options. Red, no matter what the undertone color....orange, blue, true red....is a strong color so simplicity is the key.

You can pair those great lips with eyes in shades of grey, charcoal, taupe, chocolate brown, khaki, or even a moss green. The biggest key is application. I would start with an off white or a cream shade on the whole lid. Then I would either put one of the other colors just in the crease (making sure I blended it very well) or fill in the lid from the lash to the crease (make sure you are not heavy handed with this style).

You will look beautiful and classy without an "I'm all made up" look.

Knock 'em dead girl!
icon_biggrin.gif

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Thanks Candace. I recently took a look at your website and love it. You are a professional makeup artist right?

Originally Posted by FairyRave Thanks Candace. I recently took a look at your website and love it. You are a professional makeup artist right? Yes, I do makeup for magazines, catalogs, commercials and music videos. So that would be the same thing I would do for a shoot.....just enough to look amazing without over doing it.
Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Latest posts

Back