Quantcast

Our Sunday

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
210
Reaction score
1
Well ..we had a BLAST! We got to the Metro Station in New Carrollton (MD) and took the subway to the Pentagon. The kids had a blast since it was their VERY FIRST SUBWAY ride!

We walked around the Pentagon where they could see just where the damage was done on that one side ..granted it's mostly fixed ...but you can get the jest of it. Security has DEFINITELY changed since I was there. We sat for a little bit and watched all the motorcycles in the North Pentagon parking lot. The procession started at Noon and the lot did not empty until around 4pm or so ..there were THAT many motorcycles. I heard Rumsfeld was riding ..but that was after the fact ..not sure! We walked from the Pentagon to the Vietnam Memorial ..going OVER the Memorial Bridge. We did stop on the bridge to watch (and rest) the motorcyclists come over ...WOW!

Showed the Vietnam Memorial to the kids ...explained why it was there, then went and got some lunch and relaxed for sometime. You could STILL hear the MC's coming over the bridge! Afterwards, we went to look at the Korean War Memorial, WWI Memorial ..and then off to the WWII Memorial ..that was WOW! Gorgeous!

Then off to Smithsonian area to catch the Metro back to where we parked our car! My legs hurt like hell today ..but it was a GORGEOUS day and a super special Family Day! We all had on our Harley shirts!

Since we didn't take our digital camera with us ..we took disposables ..I'll get them processed later this week and hopefully post some cool pix!

How was YOUR weekend?

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Oh ours was very nice(except for me having a stupid cold). Just hung out with the family. My oldest son(Anthony) came over on Sunday and we all went as a family to the IMAX theater to see Star Wars III again. Was excellent. Then came home and went swimming and into the spa.

Monday was just a nicer day for the weather. Much sun and warmth. My brother came over and we grilled out in the backyard and then went swimming and then into the spa too. Then we went over to my 86 year old grandma's house where we told her we were having another baby


Kim, we did the exact thing when we visited DC before. Rode the subway to and fro and went to the Pentagon. Didn't you find it amazing that when you get off the subway at the Pentagon, that you can just go up the stairs and (if you wanted to), walk right over to the side of it? I mean, wouldn't this be a keen spot for terrorism? I fricken hope not!!! Anyhow, we also saw where the "so called" airplane went in too. It was a construction site only when we were there. If you stopped anywhere on the way, the gaurds would come over too..

That's about it!





Originally Posted by Naturally

Well ..we had a BLAST! We got to the Metro Station in New Carrollton (MD) and took the subway to the Pentagon. The kids had a blast since it was their VERY FIRST SUBWAY ride!
We walked around the Pentagon where they could see just where the damage was done on that one side ..granted it's mostly fixed ...but you can get the jest of it. Security has DEFINITELY changed since I was there. We sat for a little bit and watched all the motorcycles in the North Pentagon parking lot. The procession started at Noon and the lot did not empty until around 4pm or so ..there were THAT many motorcycles. I heard Rumsfeld was riding ..but that was after the fact ..not sure! We walked from the Pentagon to the Vietnam Memorial ..going OVER the Memorial Bridge. We did stop on the bridge to watch (and rest) the motorcyclists come over ...WOW!

Showed the Vietnam Memorial to the kids ...explained why it was there, then went and got some lunch and relaxed for sometime. You could STILL hear the MC's coming over the bridge! Afterwards, we went to look at the Korean War Memorial, WWI Memorial ..and then off to the WWII Memorial ..that was WOW! Gorgeous!

Then off to Smithsonian area to catch the Metro back to where we parked our car! My legs hurt like hell today ..but it was a GORGEOUS day and a super special Family Day! We all had on our Harley shirts!

Since we didn't take our digital camera with us ..we took disposables ..I'll get them processed later this week and hopefully post some cool pix!

How was YOUR weekend?





 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
cool trip! I bet your kids were excited about their first subway ride-I was too, although I hate taking the subway every single day now. the smell and heat kills me


PLS post pics of you and your family all wearing Harley Shirts!!! The first time I saw my parents wearing those shirts I almost wet my pants cause they looked ridiculous. and I thought my parents were not "cool" enough to be riding a Harley *lol* (they´re still not *gggg*)

 
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Naturally Well ..we had a BLAST! We got to the Metro Station in New Carrollton (MD) and took the subway to the Pentagon. The kids had a blast since it was their VERY FIRST SUBWAY ride!
We walked around the Pentagon where they could see just where the damage was done on that one side ..granted it's mostly fixed ...but you can get the jest of it. Security has DEFINITELY changed since I was there. We sat for a little bit and watched all the motorcycles in the North Pentagon parking lot. The procession started at Noon and the lot did not empty until around 4pm or so ..there were THAT many motorcycles. I heard Rumsfeld was riding ..but that was after the fact ..not sure! We walked from the Pentagon to the Vietnam Memorial ..going OVER the Memorial Bridge. We did stop on the bridge to watch (and rest) the motorcyclists come over ...WOW!

Showed the Vietnam Memorial to the kids ...explained why it was there, then went and got some lunch and relaxed for sometime. You could STILL hear the MC's coming over the bridge! Afterwards, we went to look at the Korean War Memorial, WWI Memorial ..and then off to the WWII Memorial ..that was WOW! Gorgeous!

Then off to Smithsonian area to catch the Metro back to where we parked our car! My legs hurt like hell today ..but it was a GORGEOUS day and a super special Family Day! We all had on our Harley shirts!

Since we didn't take our digital camera with us ..we took disposables ..I'll get them processed later this week and hopefully post some cool pix!

How was YOUR weekend?

WOW sounds like you all had a great weekend! I was actually pretty busy this weekend.On Friday i went out with my best friend (first time out in busy town center for long time,maybe a few years). I helped him choose a suit and a wedding present. Then on Friday night i was invited to a casual night out to say goodbye to friends who were moving back down to England the next day.As usual i arrived later than everyone else but whilst they were ready to go home i was ready to party.I went into a pub called Whistle Binkies which i hadn't been in for 12 years and guess what? I bumped into a few people who recognised me and told me i still looked the same Pauline they always knew! (Don't know if that's good or bad). Then on the way home i stopped of into one of those 24hour shops (had the munchies) and as i was browsing the cookies i came face to face with my ex boyfriend. Boy am i glad i looked good! I decided to look straight through him and didn't even show a trace of recognition (though he could hardly miss me). I hear his intake of breath and mine too but then i wandered out of the shop and hurried up the road with my dbf.

When i woke up on the Saturday, i felt a little ill with a hangover but i felt good and was glad i made it out.

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
it was just me and my bf this weekend. we went crazy bar-b-qing with hamburgers and steaks the whole weekend.


 
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
2,542
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Arielle cool trip! I bet your kids were excited about their first subway ride-I was too, although I hate taking the subway every single day now. the smell and heat kills me

PLS post pics of you and your family all wearing Harley Shirts!!! The first time I saw my parents wearing those shirts I almost wet my pants cause they looked ridiculous. and I thought my parents were not "cool" enough to be riding a Harley *lol* (they´re still not *gggg*)

I had Great Weekend.....I shopped starting from friday till sunday...cuz of my birthday and grad night prom night, fiance's bday, and one of my best co-worker was leaving me to Egypt...she will get marry..so i had to find best gift for her...we were 5 of us...all friends...had so much fun in shopping....on monday i had such pleasure time with friends...we hangout together through out the whole day first in the moring we wear the same colorful skirt and went studio to take pictures, then went to "Boomers" Florida Amusement Park...was really except while i was in the roller coaster....omg...i freaked out...i will post the picture later on...they also gave me surprise with a big cake at night while we were having dinner in a Arabic Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. To be continue
for wednesday party

 
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Miranhat I had Great Weekend.....I shopped starting from friday till sunday...cuz of my birthday and grad night prom night, fiance's bday, and one of my best co-worker was leaving me to Egypt...she will get marry..so i had to find best gift for her...we were 5 of us...all friends...had so much fun in shopping....on monday i had such pleasure time with friends...we hangout together through out the whole day first in the moring we wear the same colorful skirt and went studio to take pictures, then went to "Boomers" Florida Amusement Park...was really except while i was in the roller coaster....omg...i freaked out...i will post the picture later on...they also gave me surprise with a big cake at night while we were having dinner in a Arabic Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. To be continue
for wednesday party

Happy belated Birthday!!! and Happy Birthday to your Fiance! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time shopping and had a fantastic time together. The rollercoaster sounds scary but fun! Did you like the surprise?
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Sounds like everyone had a blast! Kim, that sounds cool - can't wait to see your pics!!

Mina, Happy Belated Birthday!!! Glad you did a lot of shopping!!


Tony - keep rubbing in that pool & spa!
lol

Pauline - sounds like you had fun! You go girl!!
Ex bf is probably kicking himself b/c he doesn't have you anymore! Good! I like Tom for you anyway!


As for me... lets see... Friday got out of work at 12 (we get out at 12 the workday before a holiday
) So I went & got my nails done... Saturday I went to the (45 min. away mall) to load up on some MAC... Sunday we had a BBQ at Leo's mom's house. Actually it turned out they were having it at his next door neighbors - so he was pissed, he thought it was at his house... so being he doesn't really like the neighbors, he holed himself up in his house all night watching tv and being a big baby while I was over there with his tenants and mother...
And Monday we just hung around all day, then went to Dave & Buster's at night for some games & drinks. (it's an 'amusement' place... video games, bars, restaurant, pool tables, etc) And now it's back to work! Ugh!


 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
sounds like everyone had a great weekend. i'm glad!


kim, i don't think i'd be able to get through any memorials. my heart hurts


my weekend was good, i guess. monday, i had my uncle, cousin's wife, and cousin's daughter (my 2nd cousin) over, but then i had to leave for work at 4:30 and thinking it'd be dead all day, my co-worker and i sat at the bar the whole time, playing cards. then, people came in, but they were all so grumpy. i wasn't surprised, though, because maybe people didn't like them enough to invite them to a bbq LOL

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
Originally Posted by Naturally I will ..promise! We just don't wear the shirts though ..we do have the bikes! It's how we met actually ..thru the motorcycles! Started dating shortly after Daytona Bike Week 1993. I was told by my daughter, the kids in her class think I'm cool! LOL I just replied .."Okay" so you´re known as the "cool mum" in your daughter´s class-how cool
my dad has a harley too, but he´s not really cool enough for it. he still likes to ride it though. and now even my mum wants to get one of her own
oh well, if they have fun riding them I should be happy for them *lol*

 

Latest posts

Top