Overnight Beauty Treatments For The Face

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Overnight Beauty Treatments For The Face

<!-- End: byline -->

Turn back the clock. Known as the "gold standard" in reducing fine lines, the drug Renova is the only prescription cream approved to treat fine wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation and rough facial skin <NOBR>--</NOBR> and it works while you're asleep. For a nonprescription alternative, you may want to try Dr. Murad's products, which contain retinol to help encourage healthy cell turnover, reversing damage that may have occurred during the day.

Nighttime Hydrating. Night creams containing olive oil, vitamin C, as well as gels containing plant enzymes and essential oils are excellent for moisturizing and helping repair skin damage while you dream away. Make sure you use products that are non-comedogenic, especially if you have oily skin. DermAlive makes a nighttime hydrating nutrient gel with myrrh, sandalwood and lavender.

Exfoliate your skin. Skin that looks "old" or "sallow" may be easily rejuvenated by removing patches of dead cells from the skin's surface. Alpha-hydroxy acids, or AHAs, work by dissolving the glue that holds dead cells to your skin. Unless otherwise stated, it may be best to use these products at night because they can actually make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. Look for the words glycolic acid on the label in such products as Murad and Aqua Glycolic.

Give yourself an overnight facial. Look for moisturizing creams that are rich in soothing botanical extracts that will ease you into sleep. June Jacob's Spa Collection products are infused with rosemary, ginseng and rosehips. Apply the cream to your skin with a gentle tapping motion, then begin to massage your face in small gentle circles upward and outward.

Feed your face. Create an egg mask to provide your skin with nutrients. Mix up an egg white. If your skin is oily, add a handful of chopped or macerated fresh mint (a natural astringent). If your skin is dry, add 2 tablespoons of honey (a natural emollient). Spread the mixture evenly over your face, making sure you pull back your hair, as it can get sticky. In the morning, rinse, dry and moisturize.

Use eye cream every night. There are no oil-producing glands around the eye area, so pay special attention to this tender zone. Indulge in a wonderful hydrating and soothing eye cream such as N.V. Perricone's Vitamin Ester Eye Area Therapy or L'Oréal's Decrease For Eyes made specifically for the delicate under-eye area. Dr. Lydia Evans, the consulting dermatologist for L'Oréal says using a more potent moisturizer at night makes up for the water your skin loses during the day.

Give yourself a relaxing facial massage. Yi Lily Zhang, a licensed physical therapist and acupuncturist at the Integrative Medical Services of Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York, says this massage will help calm you before sleeping: Apply a light but firm pressure to the area between the eyes using your fingertips. With smooth, constantly flowing strokes, massage upward and away from eyes for repeated counts of 20.

Give yourself a face-lift. Originally created for burn victims to regain muscle use, Facial-Flex is a facial toning and exercise system that also promises to keep your face from sagging. The technique involves placing a small device in the corners of your mouth, then compressing and releasing repetitively, against the force of an elastic band. The light resistance is supposed to redefine, tone and uplift the face, chin and neck.

Whiten your teeth. Rembrandt has created a handy overnight teeth-whitening wand. Apply the gel before sleep; it dissolves by morning, revealing a brighter smile.

Thanks Diane! great tips
smile.gif

Quote:
Whiten your teeth. Rembrandt has created a handy overnight teeth-whitening wand. Apply the gel before sleep; it dissolves by morning, revealing a brighter smile. *hides* For some reason, those whiteners make my teeth very sensitive.

I actually do most of that, it's nice to know I'm doing something right =). And I LOVE murad products!

Dose facial flex really work? I've thought about buying it one more than once occasion, but I thing I’m going to save my money and buy a NuFace hand-held facial rejuvenator

Originally Posted by aducey /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dose facial flex really work? I've thought about buying it one more than once occasion, but I thing I’m going to save my money and buy a NuFace hand-held facial rejuvenator I wonder about this too, but afraid if it would promote more wrinkles?
scared.gif

thanks for the tips. they're great.

Damechevalier : there is those little patches you put on your pimples, to make them reduce after a few hours. maybe you can try them at night?

Latest posts

Back