Painfull Peircing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, i am hoping someone can give me a little help and advice about my sore belly button piercing. I had my tounge and belly button done about 2 years ago, but i am still having problems with the belly button. I bought a solid gold belly bar with a love heart and tiny diamond, which i really love to wear but i dont know what i should do.

I am finding that it keeps getting really sore and red, even though i put t tree oil on it every day. When it clears up it starts again. I am not sure if this is because the piercing could have been done better. I have other percing on my ears which have healed fine, although it was done on the cartlige and was so painful i couldn't sleep on my side.

Should i let the hole close or perservere. My friend who got hers done at the same time as me has had problems with hers and she let it close and got it done again, and this time round its no problem. Surely after 2 years the peircing should be ok. Any comments or advcie would be appreciated.

Thanks.

At the start did you wipe it out with salt & water every day? I remember both my friends got theirs done last year. One was brill & washed it out every day, the other didn't and is still having problems. Maybe you should ask in the chemist have they any special lotions for it. Do you think it could be infected Candy??

About 5 years ago my cousin and I got our bellys pierced (I just took out last week because of my growing belly). Mine healed within 2 weeks, her just kept getting infected and was not healing probably. It seems that her body was rejecting the piercing. After months of dealing with the uncomfortable soreness she just decided to let it close. If it hasnt healed in this long then your body is telling you something. I also had a piercing on the top of my ear, which was sore and red all the time until I decided to just let it close. Its upto you but please be careful that you dont get a bad infection. Good luck.

Originally Posted by candy Hi all, i am hoping someone can give me a little help and advice about my sore belly button piercing. I had my tounge and belly button done about 2 years ago, but i am still having problems with the belly button. I bought a solid gold belly bar with a love heart and tiny diamond, which i really love to wear but i dont know what i should do.I am finding that it keeps getting really sore and red, even though i put t tree oil on it every day. When it clears up it starts again. I am not sure if this is because the piercing could have been done better. I have other percing on my ears which have healed fine, although it was done on the cartlige and was so painful i couldn't sleep on my side.

Should i let the hole close or perservere. My friend who got hers done at the same time as me has had problems with hers and she let it close and got it done again, and this time round its no problem. Surely after 2 years the peircing should be ok. Any comments or advcie would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for taking the time to answer, yes i think it might be infected but i dont understand why. I washed it religiously with salt water every day when it got done and even asked my pharmasist for advice. He gave me a bottle of surgical spirit (but actually i can't remember if that was for the piercing or to clean the body jewelry). Do you know how surgical spirit works and what it does?

Even when i take the bar out it still hurts and is red and itchy.What am i doing wrong? Thanks Laurax

Thanks ShoeDiva, even when i took the bar out it still wont heal properly, so i am still unsure of what to do. When its in its sore and when it out its sore, even though i have gold which is supposed to be hyper allergenic.

PS, i hope you are coming along well with your pregnancy! All the best.x

The navel, similar to the ear, has lots of acupuncture point sensitivities...anything you do will 'vibrate' those nerve points...I had to let my ear close up & wait 2 years before repiercing...now, since I haven't worn earrings for almost a year...I'll have to repierce it myself w/a very sharp earring back I filed to a point.

Thats so interesting GR8FISH, what do you think i should do?

I know this may seem silly, but do you think pericings can affect the energy

of the body in a negative way? I have been thinking of taking my tongue bar out because it affects the way i sing (crazy i know, but i love singing).

Does anyone know what surgical spirit does and how it should be used???

PS, will the tongue heal properly if i removed the bar/ball? has anyone taken theirs out and how long does it take?

Thanks.

Candy, I'm of the mindset that yes, there are piercings that enhance, that is, stimulate areas that do not have a neuro-kinetic connection (the one in my right ear would light up like a tree just before my TOM, & now, it gets sensitive though I don't have anything to show for it). Other piercings overstimulate the point(s) & can aggravate the system to a point where it's better to leave it alone, or only for a short time. I personally don't recommend tongue piercings for that reason, not to mention, it can really do some damage to teeth. Tea Tree Oil is a bactericide, fungicide & is anti-viral, but...it can only prevent infection, not alleviate the soreness...sometimes it's better to listen to our bodies rather than our minds...

Thanks GR8FISCH,for your advice and thoughts. Yes i agree with you, i should just let it heal. Saying that though i am battling between my head and my body (i keep thinking if i had done something/treat it with something, then it could be ok).

Your comments have given me some food for thought.

Originally Posted by candy Hi Laura,Thanks for taking the time to answer, yes i think it might be infected but i dont understand why. I washed it religiously with salt water every day when it got done and even asked my pharmasist for advice. He gave me a bottle of surgical spirit (but actually i can't remember if that was for the piercing or to clean the body jewelry). Do you know how surgical spirit works and what it does?

Even when i take the bar out it still hurts and is red and itchy.What am i doing wrong? Thanks Laurax

I don't know Candy.. If it's really sore i'd suggest taking it out, leaving it close up & get it done in a few years again if you like. I cringe at the thought of it! There's no way i could stand getting my belly button pierced (LOL!)

I had my navel pierced about 4 years ago but ended up taking it out after about a year, it just kept getting irritated by my jeans, I can't wear the low riders, at least not comfortably. I nearly passed out after I had it done
icon_lol.gif
, not that it was all that painful, I think it was just the adrenaline rush, I stood up after the guy did it and started having hot flashes and got dizzy so had to sit down for a bit, my friend that went with me and got hers pierced at the same time still kids me about that.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Just looking at that needle would make me squirm! LOL Me too.. I've got my ears pierced just once & that's enough!! I'm such a baby!

Latest posts

Back