Partnering up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quote:
Why two can be thinner than one
DietArticles_ForTwo.gif
Losing weight is one of the toughest battles you’ll ever encounter. But here’s a proven way to stick with your diet, keep your motivation and even have some fun along the way.

Whether it’s with your roommate, your sister, your boyfriend or husband, dieting with a partner offers some pretty powerful advantages in the battle of the bulge.

Staying the course. When both of you are on a mission, you can remind each other to lay off the doughnuts and french fries.

Keeping motivated. You and your partner can help each other get up and go, whether it’s to the gym, the pool or the exercise bike.

Sparking the desire. A little competition can be a healthy thing. When we compete, everyone does better.

An online buddy system. There are even weight-loss support groups online. In fact, women with online support lose 2.5 times more than those who do it alone. That’s according to a 2001 study by Brown University.

Sharing our delicious Skillet Sensations™ can help, too. With portion sizes designed for two, our zesty Skillet Sensations are a great way for you and your partner to enjoy a healthy meal. They’re so tasty you won’t even realize they’re good for you.

From leancuisine.com. My boyfriend and I are trying to help each other lose weight but I am hoping this article will reiterate how good it is to have a partner. We have strayed from our exercise routine and hopefully we can get back on track. Hopefully this article will help others. It's hard to lose weight alone. I gained the freshman 15, which is more like 20, and plus some each year I have been here at school. He gained weight when he switched positions at work, busing to managing. And, we both gained weight it seems just being together. Hopefully he and I can lose weight like we want to.

I totally agree. I was a lightweight rower in college which meant weigh ins and constantly dropping weight. But it was almost fun doing it because all of my team mates were doing the same thing. It made it much easier to have people to work out with and support each other in making smart decisions in choosing food...especially when you're eating in cafeteria!

i don't have a workout partner any longer, but do have a great support system. i guess i have to find a buddy willing to get up early & meet me @ the gym.

Thanks for the reminder and the push! I think my hubby and I are going to start working out more together!

Latest posts

Back