Pasta Salad

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This makes a good main dish for a summer meal, or you could reduce the amount of pepperoni and take it as a side dish for a potluck! It's also great to make in the morning and refrigerate all day if you know you won't have time to cook dinner that night! (My mom used to make this a lot on the evenings we went to the pool, so we could come home and eat dinner right away!)

All measurements are approximate; feel free to adjust quantities to your taste!

Ingredients

1 12-oz box tri-colored spiral pasta

1 2.25-oz can sliced black olives, drained

1 12-oz can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite-size pieces

4 oz sliced pepperoni, each slice cut into quarters (like pie slices)

6 oz mozeralla cheese, cut into small cubes

Italian dressing to taste (approx 1/2 cup but I'm just guessing)

* My mom used to add raw broccoli but we usually omit it
smile.gif

Directions

Cook and drain noodles; let cool. (You don't want the hot noodles to melt the cheese!)

Combine all ingredients and toss to coat with dressing. For best results, refrigerate for several hours before serving to blend flavors.

You can also put a bottle of Italian dressing at the table, so that those people that like bolder flavors can add extra dressing!
smile.gif

You can do whatever you want! My family loves black olives, we put them in all sorts of pastas, casseroles, and on pizza
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek You can do whatever you want! My family loves black olives, we put them in all sorts of pastas, casseroles, and on pizza
smile.gif
Sound
biggrin.gif
s yummy,love olives too,thanks for the idea

I make something very similar to this and I have to had lots of sliced black olives and minus the pepperoni. Instead of Italian dressing I just add a homemade extra light olive oil and red wine vinegar vinaigrette. Yum!

Hey there,

I make something very similar to this as well, I put whole black olives, cut cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, omit the pepperoni and the artichokes, with italian dressing. Yummy, I think I'll make this tonight, you are making me hungry!!!

I'm sure you can have all sorts of fun experimenting with different meats and veggies in this salad! Maybe next time I will try some different veggies!

Originally Posted by girl_geek * My mom used to add raw broccoli but we usually omit it
smile.gif
That sounds delicious! I would omit the broccoli, too. I can't stand it!

sounds like a great recipe...i plan on making this to bring to a bbq on saturday! thanks!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sounds great! I do the same thing except I use cooked Beef Smoked Sausage or Hard Salami (or Genoa) instead of the pepperoni, and I use cheddar or colby-jack cheese. I also omit artichoke hearts and broccoli, and add parmesan cheese to it all. When you're in a HUGE hurry, then you can always freeze it for about an hour, stirring occasionally. Just a thought/spin on your recipe! Hope you don't mind!

thanks for the recipe. i made this for a bbq last saturday and everyone loved it! my friends were shocked i made something that was actually edible. thank you!

Originally Posted by vickysco thanks for the recipe. i made this for a bbq last saturday and everyone loved it! my friends were shocked i made something that was actually edible. thank you! lol, you're welcome! I can't make very many things worth taking to a potluck myself!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back