People, please get your brows shaped!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not talking about anyone specific; but I hate when I see someone with a great makeup look on, but their brows are all out of whack!

Your eyebrows frame your eyes! Therfore, they're framing your lovely eye makeup as well.

All you have to do is let them grow out for at least 10 days, then go see a reputable waxer. Once they are shaped to fit your face, all you have to do is maintain the shape by tweezing.

If you have a certain brow look you like, bring in a pic! That's what I had to do b/c they would never arch my brows enough for me. So, I brought in a pic, and voila! Perfect brows!

To maintain your newly perfect brows, all you need to do is tweeze all of the stray hairs that grow in. Also, make sure to brush your brow hairs up, and trim everything that is above the brow line. Then, use a powder or wax to define them.

I probably get my brows waxed about once every 2-3 months. I just maintain on my own during the rest of the time. But, after awhile of tweezing, they'll start to lose their shape. Then, I'll grow them out for 10 days again and get waxed.

icon_cheesygrin.gif

I agree!

My brows are psycho. I could easily get them waxed every 3 weeks, but I definitely need to go at least once a month. I tweeze in between waxings, but the really fine hairs I can't get w/o waxing. I hate bushy brows, though I'm guilty of them when I get lazy and don't wax or tweeze. I call them my bushy catepillars, LOL!

ITA. I hate seeing women w/pencil-thin brows more than unruly brows. I wish people would comprehend that the Pamela Anderson look doesn't work on everyone.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by PnkCosmo I probably get my brows waxed about once every 2-3 months. I just maintain on my own during the rest of the time. But, after awhile of tweezing, they'll start to lose their shape. Then, I'll grow them out for 10 days again and get waxed.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Ditto! That's how i do it too.. Maintain them myself but get them waxed every 8-10 weeks!.. My pet peeve is girls that over-do it on the tweezing though & they almost pluck away all their eyebrows! Thick brows are in fashion this spring so i'm happy!!

Originally Posted by keaLoha ITA. I hate seeing women w/pencil-thin brows more than unruly brows. I wish people would comprehend that the Pamela Anderson look doesn't work on everyone.
eek.gif
LOL, yeah- that look is pretty scary! Very few people or face types can pull off a pencil thin brow like that w/o looking skanky.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I agree!
My brows are psycho. I could easily get them waxed every 3 weeks, but I definitely need to go at least once a month. I tweeze in between waxings, but the really fine hairs I can't get w/o waxing. I hate bushy brows, though I'm guilty of them when I get lazy and don't wax or tweeze. I call them my bushy catepillars, LOL!

You should try Benefit's BrowZing. It has a powder on one side, and a wax on the other. It also comes with the cutest mini-tools. It's great for brows that don't like to behave!

LOL @ skanky!
biggrin.gif
I always think that a pencil-thin brow ages a woman. Many of the old hollywood starlets had those brow in their 20s, but looked like they were in their 40s.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha LOL @ skanky!
biggrin.gif
I always think that a pencil-thin brow ages a woman. Many of the old hollywood starlets had those brow in their 20s, but looked like they were in their 40s.
frown.gif
ITA; That's true as well.

Hey, any advice for girls that don't have thick busy brows?? My brows have always been very difficult to shape as they are quite thin.I bought stencils from Shavita and even they weren't quite good enough for me.Now i just shape them from the highest part of the brow.Finally after many Salon visits, stencils etc.I have managed to get quite a nice arch.Only took me about 10 years!

Originally Posted by Pauline Hey, any advice for girls that don't have thick busy brows?? My brows have always been very difficult to shape as they are quite thin.I bought stencils from Shavita and even they weren't quite good enough for me.Now i just shape them from the highest part of the brow.Finally after many Salon visits, stencils etc.I have managed to get quite a nice arch.Only took me about 10 years! Mainly all you can do is shape the brow hairs you have, then fill in with a pencil or powder. Sometimes it takes awhile to find a shade that looks very natural.
You can seal in your brows with Benefit She-Laq so they don't wipe off.

Originally Posted by SalsaBelle1983 I wish my brows were thicker, but they've always been so sparse!! Your brows look fine! What are you talking about? All you need is a bit of brow powder.
They are not the pencil-thin look at all, don't worry!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by SalsaBelle1983 I thought they were really thin!! But thanks I feel better now!
I havent found a brow filler shade that Im happy with, I'm still looking! x

xxx

Really? I just use Stila Ebony e/s for my brows. My hair is currently black. I find that regular e/s works just fine for brows. If you need more control, then brow waxes are nice too.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I agree!

Mine are like this too - I just hate when then rip holes out when they wax em'... which happens a lot.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Are you kidding? Your brows are the right shape & thickness. Either a soft pencil (light taupe) or powder will help you out.
wink.gif

ok, silly question. How do you know if you need to get your eyebrow shaped? I have never done it but I have never had an issue with them. But maybe it is just because I don't know any better. How did you guys know?

TIA!
icon_neutral.gif

I like my brows and I don't get them shaped professionally. Can't afford it!

i used to thread my eyebrows in a salon, but since then have found out that as a muslim i am not allowed to do anything to my eyebrows,incl.cutting,trimming...so im having to let them loose at their own will.lool... threading is good though, i recommend getting them waxed and then picked over to shape with threading afterwards....then put a piece of ice with a little salt rubbed onto it for a couple of seconds....then wash off....it really works....
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Violet I like my brows and I don't get them shaped professionally. Can't afford it! violet i love your brows!! dont change them...i can only hope that mine will grow out to be like urs!!lool.....im waiting to see...because im growing them out now....

i am spastic about eyebrow shaping. there is never a hair out of place. lets just say that ive had many gay men compliment my brows. lol. when i look back at old pics, they were just too thin because i love to tweeze.

i have them at a near perfect state now. they grow in two different shapes, so i try to get the crap one to match the good one.

ive never let anyone else touch them. im frightened of getting them waxed. i sometimes entertain the idea just to clean up those tiny, annoying hairs in between.

the only thing worse than crazy bushy brows are brows that are overly groomed. i know a few people who have tweezed so much from the bulk of the inside corner that the brows start halfway over the eye. its not a good look. one girl i work with has jacked brows that she pencils in on top of the too short shape. it kills me to look at them.

Latest posts

Back