Permanent makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Amethyst /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to go to this nail salon and the girl who did my nails was Vietnamese. She had permanent eyeliner done and a permanent "color" done to her lips. She said the cost of having this done in Vietnam was a lot cheaper than the states. She said it didn't hurt that much. Her eyes looked ok and her lips just looked like a mroe rosier color than her natural color. The results I saw on her back then were "ok", not fabulous, and not awful.
But somehow I don't believe her about the pain part.
icon_neutral.gif

Well, you are right about the pain part. I had an Opthalmologist put novacaine on my eyelids 20 years ago and I could still feel the prick of a needle when she started to tatoo me. My eyeliner did not last that long and I don't feel that she put it on wide enough. BTW, I have gone to Costa Rica for plastic surgery and I know people that had their lips done and they all said it hurt really bad. If they put me to sleep I would have done the eyeliner over again, but they didn't do it at the surgery center I went to.

Sorry, I couldn't do it... I have tattoos, and while those didn't really hurt, they weren't on my eyes either! OUCH!

i would love to learn how to do it, but really can't see getting it done for myself.

Generally, as you age, things tend to shift a bit. I'd be afraid that my brow or lip line would not be located in the same place in the future.

I am too much of a scaredy cat. I'm afraid of needles, so I don't think I could ever get permant makeup, plus I change my look every day, and love variety. I don't think it would be for me.

I think that people should really look into what they're getting done and who is doing it for them. They should also think about why they're doing it. I am going to have my eyebrows done in January, I am having a teacher do it, in a class so I get a discount. If you want to see the work of the person I am getting to do them, search "biotouch canada" and go to the services page (they wont let me post the link...
bs.gif
lol, oh well). I will be getting the "hair stroke" procedure, I want them to look natural, not like the solid pencil brow I have now.

For me, getting them done is not because I dont like the way I look when they're "makeupless", but because there is so little hair to make up an eyebrow, which is supposed to frame your face, that I've been drawing them with a pencil for the last 10 years, and I'm only 23. Penciling them in means waking up in the morning wondering if they're smudged, not sticking your face under the water in the shower cuz you dont want to have to redo them when you get out, I havent been swimming since I was like 12. For me it is just so I will have a permanent eyebrow to frame my face and make me worry less about something that most people never think about, ever, in their daily lives.

rockwoot.gif

I'm going to get my eyebrows done in a few months. Now I have hair lots of hair already on my brows except for the area closest to my hair line. I'm going to go to this place that does a super good job and make them look natural.

I don't think I would do this... it doesn't really look good in the pictures and OUCH!

That really depends on the pictures you're looking at and where you're getting them done. Check out the pics at Biotouch Canada, they look great.

No criticism to anyone who has had permanent makeup, but. I really can't see someone having permanent makeup done solely for convenience. I personally think it would be sad, to think of a woman having permanent makeup done, because she is so afraid of someone seeing her natural face. Plus constantly having thick eyeliner is not always attractive. Seem sort of pointless to me, since apply mu isn't that diffcult, and I don't see tattooing as easy way to look made up.

On the other hand, I can understand someone who wants permanent so that they look healthy. For instance I can understand someone who wants eyebrows done because she does have (or hardly has) her own natural brows. Or I could see someone having their face or lips recolored because they have serious discoloration.

To answer the question, I could never see having permanent eyeliner.

I want to, and it's purely a vanity thing (and a bit sad). I hate the way I look without makeup. If I could apply makeup without looking in a mirror until after it's all done I would. =/

I could never get it done just because I scar easy.

Besides, I love the way I look with different shades of makeup and I also like the way I look without it... since make up is only there to accentuate the good and hide the bad. Its still the same face.

I have a tat, but no ink on the face please! I dunno, I like doing my MU different ways and I don't think I look bad w/o it. Permenent MU is just not for me

my mom has her eyebrows in vietnam this past year. it looked nice after it healed. also she had the eyeliner done a long time ago i believe. i kinda wanna try but i'm scared to.

Eyeliner is my most favorite thing in the world (always wearing different colors & different ways of applying it), so I would never have it tatooed & I usually wear different lip colors, so I wouldn't want to be stuck with one color like that. However, my brows are super thin & super light & I am tired of it, I am planning to get my brows tatooed pretty soon, like next month.

I used to know a lady who get her eyeliner tattooed on because her hands were too shaky to apply it herself. She didn't want to go around without eyeliner, so she just got it tattooed on.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I have a very high pain tolerence, and am extremely open to body modification (in fact it's one of my obsessions), but it's just not something I'd get done. If I had that money I'd rather spend it on more MAC, more piercings, or put it towards the backpiece I have planned.

no offend to anyone who likes it, but permanent makeups look very unnatural and tacky to me.

if i could get the tiniest line right on the lashline i would definately do it, just to give the illusion of thicker lashes

Any permanent makeup looks kind of cheap. I would never get it done. Although, I remember going to a Women's Show and seeing these procedures being done on women. OUCH!

Back