PETA Targets Jennifer Lopez Film Premiere

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sat Apr 30,11:46 AM ET

Dozens of protesters representing People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals greeted Jennifer Lopez at the premiere of her new movie "Monster-in-Law with signs declaring her the "monster-in-fur" for her Sweetface fashion collection.

The protesters, who included some people dressed in animal suits, complained that they have asked several times that Lopez eliminate fur from her clothing line, but have been ignored.

"She could make a difference in a positive manner, and what she does is cause the death of a lot of animals," protester Linda Kraemer said during Friday's demonstration in front of the National Theater in Westwood.

Lopez was asked what she thought of the protesters.

"I don't," she replied as she headed into the premiere.

Others involved in the film said the demonstration didn't bother them.

"It's America. You have a right to protest and do whatever you want to do," said actress Wanda Sykes.

Originally Posted by Marisol Sat Apr 30,11:46 AM ET

Dozens of protesters representing People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals greeted Jennifer Lopez at the premiere of her new movie "Monster-in-Law with signs declaring her the "monster-in-fur" for her Sweetface fashion collection.

The protesters, who included some people dressed in animal suits, complained that they have asked several times that Lopez eliminate fur from her clothing line, but have been ignored.

"She could make a difference in a positive manner, and what she does is cause the death of a lot of animals," protester Linda Kraemer said during Friday's demonstration in front of the National Theater in Westwood.

Lopez was asked what she thought of the protesters.

"I don't," she replied as she headed into the premiere.

Others involved in the film said the demonstration didn't bother them.

"It's America. You have a right to protest and do whatever you want to do," said actress Wanda Sykes.

I'm sure Pam Anderson is foaming at the gills ......
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* I'm sure Pam Anderson is foaming at the gills ......
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* I'm sure Pam Anderson is foaming at the gills ......
icon_mad.gif
lol. j.lo does wear a lot of fur though. she's not the only one, but it seems like they target her the most.

I admire Pammy for her work and PETA for their work and i am all for Animal Rights!!

I would happily be a demonstrator against animal cruelty and it's just as well there is some good people in the world willing to stand up for helpless animals.

Ok OT but what the hell did JLO wear to that premiere?? The dress was hideous. Must find a pic for the people that didn't see it

Ugh!
eek.gif
That is hideous! Looks like a cross between a cheap angel halloween costume & a set of curtains... What's going on there!?! Puffy sleeves, weird ties, tight here, loose there.... MESS! (But I am liking her hair though~) lol

Her dress is horrible and so is Marc. Has he ever heard of a stylist?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Ugh!
eek.gif
That is hideous! Looks like a cross between a cheap angel halloween costume & a set of curtains... What's going on there!?! Puffy sleeves, weird ties, tight here, loose there.... MESS! (But I am liking her hair though~) lol

LOL curtains!

Originally Posted by Marisol Her dress is horrible and so is Marc. Has he ever heard of a stylist? ]

She is so full of herself,and not to mention phony!She says she still"Jenny from the block"Well the last time I was in the bronx,I didnt see girls in furs driving bentleys with pink diamond rings!
wink.gif

She gets a lot of furs/clothing from makers for the free-advertising. Everyone remember the whole chinchilla phase, all free. I have a friend in Public Relations, that told me Lopez has a great PR firm that gets her whatever the "next big thing" will be, so designers just ship it to her at no cost as long as she wears it to whatever event, video, whatever she's attending so it gets maximum exposure.

Is that her real hair? I don't like it. Marc Anthony looks like he's cracked-out. So greasy looking, ugh that suit...these ppl obviously don't have mirrors in those mansions. I'm not even going to comment on the dress, everyone here basically covered that mess.

Latest posts

Back