Petit Vour - Vegan & Cruelty Free sub

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I promptly cancelled my subscription after opening my June box this evening. Very unimpressed.

i have heard the same thing from friends, that they just didn't like it... just got my review box and not sure how i feel about it yet. anyone who knows me knows i HATE gift certificates in a box. i think the only one i've actually used is the gorjana one. got some rose gold hoops. i digress. i don't want to have to spend more money or do anything with my box but use my stuff!

Originally Posted by brandyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have heard the same thing from friends, that they just didn't like it... just got my review box and not sure how i feel about it yet. anyone who knows me knows i HATE gift certificates in a box. i think the only one i've actually used is the gorjana one. got some rose gold hoops. i digress. i don't want to have to spend more money or do anything with my box but use my stuff!
Yeah same here. If the gift certificate would have included shipping I would have been fine, because then the box would have at least been worth it.

hey, look what they posted on the facebook page!

Hi PV friends! We're happy to announce that the full value of your shipping costs associated with the gift certificate will be added to your PV account in the form of PV Points. For some of you this means your next box will be FREE (for prepaid accounts, a Petit Vour is added onto your subscription), because you've reached 1500 points! We will also make sure that shipping costs are included in any gift certificates in the future.

I thought that was a good solution for this company. Mistakes/missteps are bound to happen with new boxes and good resolutions work for me.

Originally Posted by brandyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hey, look what they posted on the facebook page!

Hi PV friends! We're happy to announce that the full value of your shipping costs associated with the gift certificate will be added to your PV account in the form of PV Points. For some of you this means your next box will be FREE (for prepaid accounts, a Petit Vour is added onto your subscription), because you've reached 1500 points! We will also make sure that shipping costs are included in any gift certificates in the future.

I thought that was a good solution for this company. Mistakes/missteps are bound to happen with new boxes and good resolutions work for me.
I'm glad that they fixed it, however since I already cancelled it isn't that great for me. At least they are learning.

Well awarding PV points doesn't help me since I've cancelled. I don't think I want to subscribe back for a long time. 2 foil packets, 1 food item, 1 perfume sample?! no thanks. The anti aging cream doesn't count in my opinion. They should have used that money towards other GREAT stuff out there!

Originally Posted by ruhimaach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well awarding PV points doesn't help me since I've cancelled. I don't think I want to subscribe back for a long time. 2 foil packets, 1 food item, 1 perfume sample?! no thanks. The anti aging cream doesn't count in my opinion. They should have used that money towards other GREAT stuff out there!
Agree. Especially since there are so many great cruelty free brands!

http://www.skingenx.com/inc/sdetail/1050/1053

We can order the Skin Gen products ourselves for $5.95 TOTAL, plus it sounds like we'd get more?  So that makes the box worth less than $10.

This was my first box and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with it.  The box was cute and packaged nicely though.

Xfoliator - $0.75

Eye Complex - $8.26

Anti-Wrinkle Complex -??

Perfume sample - $1.23

Barre Cinnamon Pecan bar - $2.50

So, barring the anti wrinkle cream and the GC, the box value is $12.74 which is very low. I posted a message on their FB page and they told me that even if we leave the GC out, the box value is about $45 - I guess the bulk of the box value lies in the anti wrinkle cream; this doesn't even make any business sense because not all their box subscribers would want so much money put in an anti wrinkle cream. I'm sure they'll see lots of unsubscribers and unhappy customers this month! 

Originally Posted by Jennasaurus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.skingenx.com/inc/sdetail/1050/1053

We can order the Skin Gen products ourselves for $5.95 TOTAL, plus it sounds like we'd get more?  So that makes the box worth less than $10.

This was my first box and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with it.  The box was cute and packaged nicely though.
Wow good to know that. I'm going to respond to their FB comment with this info. How disappointing. 

I'll admit the CS at Mineral Hygenics (the coupon) place was awesome! I told her while placing my order about how bad Petit Vour was and she was totally sympathetic and sounded shocked.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll admit the CS at Mineral Hygenics (the coupon) place was awesome! I told her while placing my order about how bad Petit Vour was and she was totally sympathetic and sounded shocked.
I'm curious to know what you ordered? Glad to know they treated you well. Did you pay for shipping?

I'm curious to know what you ordered? Glad to know they treated you well. Did you pay for shipping?
I ordered an eyeshadow in Midnight. It's a really pretty sparkly navy blue color. I actually ordered it yesterday and got it today because I live in Iowa and they are from Iowa. I did pay for shipping, but in my opinion it was worth it. I've been wearing the eyeshadow since about 3 when I got it, and it still looks freshly applied! :)

Here is a picture of the eyeshadow. It is about a shade darker then pictured, but very sparkly and pretty. Also I wore it today and it lasted all day and it still looks great as I'm typing. I'd totally recommend.

Here is a picture of the eyeshadow. It is about a shade darker then pictured, but very sparkly and pretty. Also I wore it today and it lasted all day and it still looks great as I'm typing. I'd totally recommend.
That looks pretty! I see the company has sent an apology letter of sorts today. Did you receive it? Good that they realized their mistake!

That looks pretty! I see the company has sent an apology letter of sorts today. Did you receive it? Good that they realized their mistake!
I actually didn't, but I did email them about my disappointment and they were totally nice and it seems like they learned from their mistake. So I'm thinking about resubbing. Also on one of the blogs I follow they responded to her review and said that next month would be better and that there would be...

2 full size makeup items.
and that sounds pretty good to me! :)

Honestly I think I was initially too judgemental of my box, especially since they did seem to learn from their mistake and it is only their second box.

I actually didn't, but I did email them about my disappointment and they were totally nice and it seems like they learned from their mistake. So I'm thinking about resubbing. Also on one of the blogs I follow they responded to her review and said that next month would be better and that there would be...
2 full size makeup items.
and that sounds pretty good to me! :) Honestly I think I was initially too judgemental of my box, especially since they did seem to learn from their mistake and it is only their second box. Cool! Let us know you get next month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> in going to wait it out for a while before I resubscribe.

Apparently Petit Vour got better as the year went by.

Anyone still subbed? Think it's worth it?

I'm currently on the waitlist for Ipsy, but am thinking about cancelling and subbing to Petit Vour because I'm going cruelty-free this year.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Apparently Petit Vour got better as the year went by.

Anyone still subbed? Think it's worth it?

I'm currently on the waitlist for Ipsy, but am thinking about cancelling and subbing to Petit Vour because I'm going cruelty-free this year.
I wanna know the same! I've been doing Ipsy for 6 months but cruelty-free is very important to me and i'm trying to only buy cruelty-free now. Anyone have any recent reviews or pictures?

I wanna know the same! I've been doing Ipsy for 6 months but cruelty-free is very important to me and i'm trying to only buy cruelty-free now. Anyone have any recent reviews or pictures?
I just got rid of Ipsy and decided to go with Petit Vour. Last month thought it was good and can't wait for this month!

Back