piggyback on another post...is it me or are prestige cosmetics better?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi everyone. this is genie. i'm a newbie here and i love this board because i am a cosmetics addict! i have been making my face up since i was three and i'm 50 now, so i'm a pro. this is a very expensive habit and while my family is not starving, sometime i cringe when i think of what i have spent over the last 30 years. but i try to use drugstore products and i find that they are are different and not as good as prestige. i cannot think of anything from the drugstore, including mascara, that has worked for me. how does everyone else see this dilemma? always your friend, genie
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Never really heard about Prestigue cosmetics. Tell us more about them. I can get Prestige at my local drug store, CostCutters, DrugFair type place.. I have tried it before and had a bad reaction. But most of you know already how i've been thru so many brands that didn't burn my eyes, make my skin break out. If this is the same brand, its almost like Wet n Wild from what i can tell. I dont know if they have changed or anything.. cuz i couldn't use it before.. so never tried it again.

icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh silly genie! i meant prestige brands and manufacturers. there is actually a drugstore brand called prestige and it didn't work for me. maybe department store and high fashion are better descriptions. sorry about that all. always your griend, genie
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by genie
icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh silly genie! i meant prestige brands and manufacturers. there is actually a drugstore brand called prestige and it didn't work for me. maybe department store and high fashion are better descriptions. sorry about that all. always your griend, genie
icon_razz.gif
Giggle! Whoops then! can't help ya on this one!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by genie hi everyone. this is genie. i'm a newbie here and i love this board because i am a cosmetics addict! i have been making my face up since i was three and i'm 50 now, so i'm a pro. this is a very expensive habit and while my family is not starving, sometime i cringe when i think of what i have spent over the last 30 years. but i try to use drugstore products and i find that they are are different and not as good as prestige. i cannot think of anything from the drugstore, including mascara, that has worked for me. how does everyone else see this dilemma? always your friend, genie
claps.gif
Hello Genie and welcome to Makeup Talk.
claps.gif
I'm Jeanie (too) from Southern Califonia.Nice of you to pop in. Yep it is an expensive habit, and I know how you feel cuz I too always get this guity feeling when I buy my MAC, Stila, Shiseido, and whatever prestige products I would like to purchase. That's why I try not to go out on my days off so as to avoid shopping. I have a few drugstore brands on hand, but I keep going back to my better quality makeup brands.

Latest posts

Back