Pit Stains, I need help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sweat a lot, and I always end up with pit stains. This is very embarassing. I've tried every deodorant imaginable, and nothing seems to help control it in the least bit. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I was also wondering if anyone had any ideas or has tried any deodorant/antipersperant that actually works for hardcore sweaters like myself?

Any help would be appreciated.

I used to date a guy who had the same problem with his undershirts, and part of the problem with the staining was the deodorant buildup. To help remove the buildup, I would add baking soda to the wash. The amount varied to the size of the load - from 1/2 c to 1 c.

Have you talked to your doctor about this? There are prescription antiperspirants available that are more potent than the normal versions in the drugstore. Maybe those can help out.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FairyRave I sweat a lot, and I always end up with pit stains. This is very embarassing. I've tried every deodorant imaginable, and nothing seems to help control it in the least bit. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I was also wondering if anyone had any ideas or has tried any deodorant/antipersperant that actually works for hardcore sweaters like myself? Any help would be appreciated.

I was watching "Extreme Makeover" the other day and this one girl had the same problem.... the doctor they used gave her a few small injections under her armpit - it'll pretty much stop your sweat glands from making so much... guess Its almost like a Botox. But they said it lasts 9-12 months, and stars do it before big events...
icon_wink.gif

I used to know a girl who had the same problem...she started using Certain Dry.The only problem she said she had was it burned a little at first til you get used to it, but she eventually got to where she would only apply it once a week and not sweat at all. I think you can find it at most drugstores.

Originally Posted by envymi I used to know a girl who had the same problem...she started using Certain Dry.The only problem she said she had was it burned a little at first til you get used to it, but she eventually got to where she would only apply it once a week and not sweat at all. I think you can find it at most drugstores. Hey Envy! Welcome to MakeupTalk! I'm Janelle, from NY - don't think we've met before... but HI! Enjoy it here and just PM a Mod if you need any help
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yes, you could have these injections or you could have a surgery, but I find both too expensive, and poison (botox) in sweat glands doesn't sound too attractive to me. (rather the surgery) Prescription antiperspirants would be your best bet. I got DrySol, which in Canada you can get without prescription. (available on ebay too) And just like certain dry, it stings and burns! Not always, and I cannot figure out why. (never shave before) Anyways, this helps me and I usually apply it once a week. Some, depending on severity of the problem, may need to apply it every 2 days or so. However, there could be side effects too. (sorry) You may start sweating a little bit more around your stomach and back, since the body still needs to cool off. If you are prone to back acne, this sweating may cause more break outs there.

(* ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />*)

Thanks for all yalls help! Thanks to so many high recommendations I went to the store and got me some certain dri. I use it every couple of nights. And I have just two words for it*life saver* and I have two words for all of yall *thank you*

Latest posts

Back