Place to sell makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
Someone told me that MakeupAlley had a place to sell cosmetics, but I couldn't find it. Where is the one that everyone talks about? The sort of cosmetic ebay? I have an 8oz bottle of Photogenic Lancome foundation in Bisque 6.. it's huge, and I don't want to pay ebay fees and all that junk. I usually sell on ebay, but I am sick of the fees. heh! Thanks in advance for helpin me out with this one.

What about on here........MUT???? we do have a for sale forum

Originally Posted by Scarlette

Someone told me that MakeupAlley had a place to sell cosmetics, but I couldn't find it. Where is the one that everyone talks about? The sort of cosmetic ebay? I have an 8oz bottle of Photogenic Lancome foundation in Bisque 6.. it's huge, and I don't want to pay ebay fees and all that junk. I usually sell on ebay, but I am sick of the fees. heh! Thanks in advance for helpin me out with this one.

Originally Posted by Scarlette Someone told me that MakeupAlley had a place to sell cosmetics, but I couldn't find it. Where is the one that everyone talks about? The sort of cosmetic ebay? I have an 8oz bottle of Photogenic Lancome foundation in Bisque 6.. it's huge, and I don't want to pay ebay fees and all that junk. I usually sell on ebay, but I am sick of the fees. heh! Thanks in advance for helpin me out with this one. you should post it on our sales forum.
smile.gif

you are allowed to sell on mua, but only if someone asks you if they can buy it. youre not allowed to offer to sell, say that you do sell, mention it in your swap listing or notepad, etc.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse you should post it on our sales forum.
smile.gif

you are allowed to sell on mua, but only if someone asks you if they can buy it. youre not allowed to offer to sell, say that you do sell, mention it in your swap listing or notepad, etc.

So technically you can't really sell on MUA? Guess that's another reason MakeupTalk is so much better!!!
icon_twisted.gif

TY Janelle!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

So technically you can't really sell on MUA? Guess that's another reason MakeupTalk is so much better!!!
icon_twisted.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 So technically you can't really sell on MUA? Guess that's another reason MakeupTalk is so much better!!!
icon_twisted.gif
technically, no. make that a not really. people have askes until theyre blue in the face, and there has never been a definitive answer posted in a permanent place. people just started randomly getting deleted over selling. then again, there are scores of people who have been on for years who blatantly offer to sell and never get deleted.
fairly enforced and clearly posted rules are one of the reasons mut is much better.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse fairly enforced and clearly posted rules are one of the reasons mut is much better. Yup! Agree with that 100% !
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 So technically you can't really sell on MUA? Guess that's another reason MakeupTalk is so much better!!!
icon_twisted.gif
As Jasmine said, techinically it is against rules to sell on MUA & i have known people that have had their accounts deleted because of it. Its cool that MuT have a for sale board though. Its a pity i can't accept payments on my PayPal account, if i could i'd sell lots of things on here.

wow.. thanks , you guys! I am not sure why MUA won't allow selling.. I guess they want it to strictly be just a swapping site, no money issues to deal with, etc. I would totally swap this foundation if I didn't need money to pay bills right now. This foundation may just help my phone bill get paid. LOL.. pathetic, I know!
icon_redface.gif

ya MUA don't get involved with the swapping side of their site at all. Even if someone is a known swaplifter it takes a while before they are deleted. Post this up in the For Sale forum anyway girlie & someone might buy it from you
biggrin.gif

Why can't you accept payments on PAYPAL?

Originally Posted by Laura

As Jasmine said, techinically it is against rules to sell on MUA & i have known people that have had their accounts deleted because of it. Its cool that MuT have a for sale board though. Its a pity i can't accept payments on my PayPal account, if i could i'd sell lots of things on here.

Awwww Scarlette, I was just hoping you would wanna do something here on MUT rather than chit/chat about MuA
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette

wow.. thanks , you guys! I am not sure why MUA won't allow selling.. I guess they want it to strictly be just a swapping site, no money issues to deal with, etc. I would totally swap this foundation if I didn't need money to pay bills right now. This foundation may just help my phone bill get paid. LOL.. pathetic, I know!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Why can't you accept payments on PAYPAL? Long story but PayPal won't allow Irish bank accounts so i can only send payment via CC & i can't receive them. Its a bit of a bummer really

racist bastards

lol

Originally Posted by Laura

Long story but PayPal won't allow Irish bank accounts so i can only send payment via CC & i can't receive them. Its a bit of a bummer really

I'm thinking about listing some items for sale here once I meet my post quota. I've just got so much stuff that's not getting used and unless it's a "hot" item you might as well forget about doing much swapping (esp. on the other site)...or so it seems. Some of my items were sent out as RAOK items, but I can't afford to give it all away. Back in the good ole days, I used to order what I wanted and if I couldn't swap it I'd sell it on ebay and use that money to purchase other items, now I can't even do that.....damn ebay!!!

I think you've fulfilled your post quota now Tabitha, its 20 posts isnt it? So you can start posting on the FOR SALE board!!

Latest posts

Back