Play! By Sephora - June 2016 box *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sarah4770, on 16 Jun 2016 - 3:39 PM, said:play is open for new subscribers! no waitlist.  Just signed up
I think it's still closed but a lot of spots have opened up.  I had waitlisted with 2 email addresses and was able to sign up with one while the other still has this message: "There are currently no spots available. We've added you to the waitlist and will notify you when a subscription is available". 

I don't know.  It looks like it is closed again.  I had been wait listed too.  I went through a link on the internet.  Subscrption box ramblings or something like that and got signed right up.  I just tried again with another email address and it looks like wait list again.  I did not get an email notification of spots open.  But I did get a welcome to play email today.

I got my June box and my perfume sample was busted. My bag smells great but there are glass pieces everywhere. Sigh. 

I got my box today too and was happy to get the Bumble & Bumble air dry balm. I've been wanting to try it for summer time. I'm happy with the Becca sample too. These two items made the box worth it to me this month.

I finally got off the wait list. I am so happy. The thing that sets Sephora Play apart for me is their excellent content. They really teach you how to use and enjoy the products. Love their videos. Reminds me of the time in my teens when I loved beauty books and magazines. 

I only liked two products this month, but those two items really made up for the rest of the box!  the becca primer is amazing - I add a little to my eye cream to really brighten up my undereye area.  I don't like using bronzers on their own, but I mix it with elf's HD blush to give my face some rosy-bronze glow - the bareskin is really sheer, so it isn't a heavy bronzer

I am confused with the B&B product - I always blow dry my hair!!  haha.  The tarte sunscreen is nice, but too oily for my oily skin.

I do like that sephora is trying to mix it up a bit with the product selection - no black eyeliner, lipstick and face cream. 

I was happy with the box this month!  I'm really curious to try the B&B product - my hair texture is completely hopeless when air-dried, so I'm interested to see what it does.  I was really impressed with the size of the Becca sample, even though it's not a brand that I'm fond of what with some of their recent controversy.  As a super pale girl, I'm always happy to get sunscreen.

Is it just me or does Florence the perfume smell different than Florence the hand cream?
I think it smells a bit different too. I think the perfume sample is a deeper scent maybe since it's perfume vs hand cream. The hand cream scent is maybe a lighter version or something.

Back