Played hooky from work and went to MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to MAC first thing this morning and got a few things:

New Vegas skinfinish

Shimpagne skinfinish

#187 brush (expensive!)
icon_eek.gif

Now I am debating whether or not I should get Stereo Rose. Part of me wants to and maybe I will return New Vegas. I didn't get a chance to try them on while I was there since I was in a hurry. What do you guys think? I am an NC30.

Its now 8:20 and I just came back from Nordies. I went and got Stereo Rose and I kept the other two that I bought.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Its now 8:20 and I just came back from Nordies. I went and got Stereo Rose and I kept the other two that I bought.
icon_redface.gif
LOL! how do you like stereo rose?
the 187 brush is great because it picks up a bit of the color and you can then buff the color/shimmer

Originally Posted by Liz LOL! how do you like stereo rose? I like it A LOT. I had the MA put it on me and loved how it looked. She also used New Vegas as a highlighter so I decided to keep it too. The brush is amazing! It was a bit pricey $40 but well worth it... I hope.

Originally Posted by Marisol I like it A LOT. I had the MA put it on me and loved how it looked. She also used New Vegas as a highlighter so I decided to keep it too. The brush is amazing! It was a bit pricey $40 but well worth it... I hope. yeah, it's pricey
frown.gif
but if you use it for your foundation, the MA said that the skin finishes can be used with a wet brush and it won't ruin it like wet brushes mess up regular shadows. they go on brighter or something when used with a wet brush though. so if you use it with your foundation then the skinfinish, it's ok.

Originally Posted by Liz yeah, it's pricey
frown.gif
but if you use it for your foundation, the MA said that the skin finishes can be used with a wet brush and it won't ruin it like wet brushes mess up regular shadows. they go on brighter or something when used with a wet brush though. so if you use it with your foundation then the skinfinish, it's ok. Thanks for the heads up! I am trying to use up all of my BE foundation and will go back to using StudioFix. I like to mix it up a bit. I can't wait for tomorrow to put on my makeup for work.

oh yeah, you can use all, except stereo rose, on your eyes.

I am wondering if I should add a skinfinish to my MAC birthday list... The only question is (and I feel really dumb asking this) what are the skin tone "grades" like NC40 etc? How do I know what I am?

I have heard people talking about it, but I have no idea what that means...

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I am wondering if I should add a skinfinish to my MAC birthday list... The only question is (and I feel really dumb asking this) what are the skin tone "grades" like NC40 etc? How do I know what I am?
I have heard people talking about it, but I have no idea what that means...

You definitely should. They are awesome and I usually get more excited about eye products than face ones.
To determine what your skin tone is, go to the counter and they can test out what foundation color works best for you. You can also try the skinfinishes there and see which one you like better.

Great haul Marisol - naughty girl playing hooky!!

I can't wait until the skinfinishes come out here!

I LOVE Stereo Rose! :icon_love Great haul! The MAC 187 brush is totally worth it, IMO. It's the BEST applicator for the Skinfinishes.

sorry for butting in on your thread Marisol..

I've never tried Skinfinishes before but y'all seem to love them. Do ye think they would they be too shimmery for daytime wear??

Originally Posted by Trisha Great haul Marisol, i just need to get Shimpagne and im set!
Laura, depending on how you apply the Sf's you can totally wear them in the day! x

did you get any of the new SFs?

Originally Posted by Liz yeah, it's pricey
frown.gif
but if you use it for your foundation, the MA said that the skin finishes can be used with a wet brush and it won't ruin it like wet brushes mess up regular shadows. they go on brighter or something when used with a wet brush though. so if you use it with your foundation then the skinfinish, it's ok. I :icon_love the Skinfinishes!!! Yea, if you saturate your brush with water or Fix +, you get awesome metallic color payoff. For a more natural daytime look, you can use 'em dry.
So today would have been my 1 year anniversary w/ my BF.
icon_sad.gif
I decided to go on a shopping spree rather than wallow. Here's the damage:

New Vegas skinfinish

Shimpagne skinfinish

Gold Deposit skinfinish

Porcelain Pink skinfinish

Metal Rock skinfinish

Blitz & Glitz f/l

Non Conformist f/l

Vellum e/s

Studio Tech NC25

Pressed Powder NC20

brush cleaner

icon_redface.gif

Okay....that's it! I am clicking the "order " button on my mac online page and I am definitely getting that darn brush.....thanks for the enthusiasm!

Originally Posted by Marisol I went to MAC first thing this morning and got a few things:
New Vegas skinfinish

Shimpagne skinfinish

#187 brush (expensive!)
icon_eek.gif

Now I am debating whether or not I should get Stereo Rose. Part of me wants to and maybe I will return New Vegas. I didn't get a chance to try them on while I was there since I was in a hurry. What do you guys think? I am an NC30.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I :icon_love the Skinfinishes!!! Yea, if you saturate your brush with water or Fix +, you get awesome metallic color payoff. For a more natural daytime look, you can use 'em dry.
icon_sad.gif

New Vegas skinfinish

Shimpagne skinfinish

Gold Deposit skinfinish

Metal Rock skinfinish

Blitz & Glitz f/l

Non Conformist f/l

Vellum e/s

Studio Tech NC25

Pressed Powder NC20

brush cleaner

icon_redface.gif

Thanks for those tips Joy. Sorry about your bf. Hope that you are ok.
Nice haul too!

So its ok to get the skinfinishes wet? It wont damage them?

awww
frown.gif
we know how it feels.

nice haul though! did you not like stereo rose? (i've been pimpin it like crazy. hehe)

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I :icon_love the Skinfinishes!!! Yea, if you saturate your brush with water or Fix +, you get awesome metallic color payoff. For a more natural daytime look, you can use 'em dry.
icon_sad.gif

New Vegas skinfinish

Shimpagne skinfinish

Gold Deposit skinfinish

Metal Rock skinfinish

Blitz & Glitz f/l

Non Conformist f/l

Vellum e/s

Studio Tech NC25

Pressed Powder NC20

brush cleaner

icon_redface.gif

I used Stereo Rose today on my cheeks and Shimpagne as a highlighter and I loved how it looked!

Thanks guys. I'm getting better re: the bf situation. We still talk all the time, but I've been really sad regardless. Anyways, I've been working on distracting myself!

But anyhow.....

Originally Posted by Liz did you not like stereo rose? (i've been pimpin it like crazy. hehe) Oh, I love it! But I get it as gratis, so I'll just wait.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol So its ok to get the skinfinishes wet? It wont damage them? Yup, you won't damage them at all! Try it out on a night when you're going clubbing or to a bar -- you'll get amazing color payoff! I think I'm gonna play with them tonight. :icon_love

Latest posts

Back