POLL: MU Brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Prescriptives

2. MAC

3. Aloette/Clinique or Sephora (it's a tie on number 3)

Boy oh boy, does this mean I'm turning into a makeup snob? Yikes!

for just my top 3 I will have to list the 3 daily (including summer in which I hardly wear much)

1. Loreal for their voluminous mascara

2. Lancome for their blush

3. Mac for eyeshadow and lipgloss

I can't say I have "top" choices in cosmetic lines. I guess the 3 I purchase from most often would be Bobbi Brown (love her neutral eyeshadow palette). I like Estee Lauder's facial powders (currently using Aeromatte Ultralucent Powder-good coverage, wears well & feels very silky on.) I don't think I saw Origins on the list. I currently use Origin's Nude and Improved Bare-Face Make Up. This has an SPF 15 -very important once you get to be my age! I wouldn't catagorize this as a foundation, it's more of a tinted moisturizer. This is a nice option on days that you don't want to wear a heavy foundation, but still would like a little coverage & of course - wear our SPF everyday! I hope I don't sound like an old prude - just don't want anyone to make the mistakes of my generation. I'm an "older" (yikes, sounds terrible! ) member who made the mistake of baking in the sun. (What the h... were we thinking? And slathering on baby oil to boot! I can still hear my skin cracklin.)Whoops! I've really digressed here. How did I get so off topic? I'm overly passionate (almost anal) about the young 'uns protecting themselves. This is my first post & I apologize in advance if this is too lengthy, not proper "protocol," etc. Thanks to every one for this awesome site! Haven't spent as much time as I'd like purusing as yet, but really appreciate all I've seen so far. Very informative. Great features & lay out, etc. I wish I knew who to thank personally for putting all this together. Phenomenal job.

I can't remember everything but here's a *brief* list...

- ModelCo

- Bare Escentuals

- Benefit

- Smashbox

- ELF

- Boujois

- Urban Decay

- Pout

- FCUK

- L'Oreal

- Alexis Vogel

- Yves Rocher

- Collection 2000 (Lip glosses don't use that much)

- Rimmel

- Maybelline

- Barry M

Theres alot more... but i can't think right now! =P

Dannii.xoxo

I am aware how old this thread is. But I found it while searching for the keyword "Jouvance". Strangely, I didn't find the name in here. I checked twice!

Nobody mentioned Daniel Jouvance yet.

So how did this thread come up in my search?

In case anyone still cares, for statistics or so:

I am using both Daniel Jouvance and Dr. Pierre Ricaud.

Both have facial care, body care and colour make up, and I tend to use both brands alike, just not at the same time. During the cold months I am using the heavier (richer) Ricaud balms, creams and potions, while during spring and summer the lighter Jouvance products feel better.

If I have to name a third brand, I would choose Hildegard Braukmann.

I used to use her products during the 80s and 90s, but when I got introduced to Jouvance and Ricaud in 2001, I switched.

Back