Poll:occupation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished my 2nd year of Med School (thank god there´s no pre-med over here!), so I´ll be a doctor in another 4 years, HOPEFULLY
icon_cheesygrin.gif

at USC, persuing an accounting and marketing degree and hopefully in 3 years, a master's in accounting.

i am makeup artist and ive worked for Loreal,also i am a estetician/Also i am a mother of two lil ones which is a full time job on its own!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

currently a full-time student going into the medical field. heres my plan: in 2 years i'll be an RN. another 2yrs to complete my BSN/Masters and then another 2years for NP. I'd like to take some culinary classes along the way=) and if i have kids my plan will just get screwed up=P

I'm an In Home Service Provider also wife, mother to 4 grown kids,an Italian Greyhound, Chihuahua and 2 cats.

I'm a part time admin assistant for a non-profit organization. I saw my official job title today for the first time, "Office & Facilities Coordinator" I also work from home helping a friend manage the website for her business. I sometimes take work as an artist's model. I'm an artist too, but I make more money modeling for other artists! And I'm starting to pick up photography because a friend wants me to help out at his photography studio. I want to try to make more money doing art so I can drop the day job, but who knows when I'll be able to do that.

I am a Paralegal. I have my degree. I am also going to college fulltime for my B.S. in Biology. I loooooove animals!
claps.gif
<---this is me when I see an animal...hahaha!
icon_eek.gif
<---this too!..haha. I just love them!

I am currently a SAHM to my two beautiful kids. Prior to this gig, I was a Technical Recruiter for over 10 years, working in Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Miss the $$$, but I don't miss the b/s. So happy and blessed to be home with my little ones.

Don't know what I want to be when I grow up.....

redface.gif

i hate this question. it always embarrasses me.

i work at a paper mill. i work on the machine. very industrial. possibly the most unglamorous job out there, and certainly from this list. strange where life takes us.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by karrie ann i hate this question. it always embarrasses me.
i work at a paper mill. i work on the machine. very industrial. possibly the most unglamorous job out there, and certainly from this list. strange where life takes us.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I think that's fabulous! I think these types of jobs are just as important as CEO of whatnot. Hooray for the working class!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I'm a part time admin assistant for a non-profit organization. I saw my official job title today for the first time, "Office & Facilities Coordinator" I wish that I could work for a non-profit but unfortunately, most don't pay too much and I have too many bills. I hope that once I am financially secure, I can work for a non-profit of my choice.

Originally Posted by karrie ann i hate this question. it always embarrasses me.

Be proud of what you do. No matter how unglamorous it is, its still hard work.

Don't be embarrassed ... if you don't like your job now, you never know what the future will hold! And if you do like your job, then just tell everyone you love it and you don't care what they think
biggrin.gif
Not long after my grandparents were married, my grandma worked the night shift running a machine in a factory for a few years! (But once my grandpa moved up in the company and started making more money, she quit her job to be a fulltime housewife and later a mother
wink.gif
) And I agree with Marisol, you should be proud of yourself for doing such hard work!

thanks ladies. i am proud that i am able to do that physical of job. i've seen several men not be able to handle it. and it helps me keep fit, pay is decent, but the best part of my job is that i get four days off every week!!!! whoo hoo!

...but i would still rather be a QVC host...

wow-- talk about different jobs. I could never be a waitress, i couldn't handle it. I would be tellin people off left and right, i'd be fired day one.. Wow..

Me? ahh, i keep busy. I am the billing coordinator for 3 MICU units for Atlantic Health System, actually, i am a one person department. I finally got an assistant. YAY! On top of that, I am a licensed EMT Instructor for the State of NJ, and i volunteer with my pal RedRocks.. In addition, I have my phlebotomy license am a freelance photographer and do my subjects makeup also. If thats not enough, i per diem in the ER as a tech doing EKG's and blood draws, I per diem in the registrars office also. i think thats enough for me!

i know.. i know.. more about me.. well! i forgot this part too.. I also do graphic design and sell horsecare software, technically that means i am the VP of Operations.. yawn..i know..

I work at an Insurance Agency doing claims... will be moving into rating & quoting soon. Oooh! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif
I used to do hair (some makeup, but mostly hair) at a salon, but left for a steady pay amt. and benefits - might go back one day! Apparenty stylists are making a lot more now! lol I've also taken Medical billing/coding classes, so I have my options!
smile.gif

Nice to see what everyone does!!! Great jobs girls!!
claps.gif
And Liz, I wish I could be a SAHGF!! I'm jealous!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh wow, how do you find time to do everything? Honestly? I have NO idea. My biling job is 5 days a week, the volunteer thing is one 12 hour shift a week from 6pm tuesday night to 6am wednesday morning. I teach on weekends.. per diem when i can.. do the other stuff at home, at like 2 in the morning..!

Originally Posted by MacForMe wow-- talk about different jobs. I could never be a waitress, i couldn't handle it. I would be tellin people off left and right, i'd be fired day one.. Wow..

Me? ahh, i keep busy. I am the billing coordinator for 3 MICU units for Atlantic Health System, actually, i am a one person department. I finally got an assistant. YAY! On top of that, I am a licensed EMT Instructor for the State of NJ, and i volunteer with my pal RedRocks.. In addition, I have my phlebotomy license am a freelance photographer and do my subjects makeup also. If thats not enough, i per diem in the ER as a tech doing EKG's and blood draws, I per diem in the registrars office also. i think thats enough for me!

wow you are a mover and a shaker!!

Originally Posted by karrie ann wow you are a mover and a shaker!! god.. the only that shakes on me right now is the extra pork i can't seem to lose! LOL!
icon_redface.gif
But thanks!

Karri Ann, do you work at the paper mill in Camas?

Originally Posted by karrie ann thanks ladies. i am proud that i am able to do that physical of job. i've seen several men not be able to handle it. and it helps me keep fit, pay is decent, but the best part of my job is that i get four days off every week!!!! whoo hoo!

...but i would still rather be a QVC host...

Back