POPSUGAR MUST HAVE - DECEMBER 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, I'm terrible.  I just signed up for the December box, but vowed that I will go and cancel some others just so I won't be spending too much money.  In the email it said it will ship the end of December...doesn't that mean it'd be a January box?

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Geez, I'm terrible.  I just signed up for the December box, but vowed that I will go and cancel some others just so I won't be spending too much money.  In the email it said it will ship the end of December...doesn't that mean it'd be a January box?

They usually ship out at the end of the month so it will be the December box that is shipped out at the end of December.

Originally Posted by Starlet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They usually ship out at the end of the month so it will be the December box that is shipped out at the end of December.
yes

Originally Posted by Jessica Stocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so excited! When I signed up, I was slated to get a box in January. I just got an e-mail saying that due to "popular demand", they were able to secure more boxes. I'm supposed to be getting a December box now. I hope I won't be disappointed. =)

This will be my first box. Kicking myself for not signing up sooner!
I feel you, but I sub to (3) other boxes that are less expensive.  So I just ordered one box to try it out.  Then I'll go from there.  

Originally Posted by Starlet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okie doke...thanks for the info!

I was on the fence about this box from the mixed reviews from their first release. Their following boxes after looked amazing though! Sad that I missed the cut-off for November but perfect timing because my GlossyBox sub just expired. One month without ANY boxes, eep! 

Originally Posted by angelajude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was on the fence about this box from the mixed reviews from their first release. Their following boxes after looked amazing though! Sad that I missed the cut-off for November but perfect timing because my GlossyBox sub just expired. One month without ANY boxes, eep! 
I've been a subscriber from the beginning, and I actually liked even the first box, but I wasn't locked into the "$150 value!!!!" thing  lot of people were.  All I cared about was getting stuff that I thought were worth at least $35 *to me* regardless of their actual retail value (to use Sample Society as an example:  So they sent out a $26 double-ended lip pencil.  Great, except for the fact that I hate lip pencils and will never use it.  Or Glossybox's $39 lipstick/lipgloss combo in completely wrong colors for me).  

At first, I was lukewarm on pretty much all of the items, but the longer I had them, the more I liked them, to the point where I've used everything except the scrub/lotion (those are winter scents for me) and the lipstick (which I have swapped for some eyeshadow pencils that are much more my speed) (oh, wait, I don't think I've used the green nail polish, but I have a nail polish obsession, and that's an April-to-June shade of green to me, and I do love it, so I'm just waiting for the right time of the year to use it).  I've even found myself looking at pictures of the contents and thinking, "Man, I wish I had received this box" -- and then I realize that I *did* receive it, and I'm actually looking *at my own photos*.  

Thanks, doll! I bit the bullet & ordered before anyone was able to answer me anyways =P

I have 2 questions.I get my first box in November and it's already paid for. So does that mean I won't get charged until December for December's box?Also I need 1 more referral for a free box. So if my friend signs up for the Dec. box will I get another November box for free or an extra December box?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by RainbowClouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 2 questions.I get my first box in November and it's already paid for. So does that mean I won't get charged until December for December's box?Also I need 1 more referral for a free box. So if my friend signs up for the Dec. box will I get another November box for free or an extra December box?

Thanks in advance!
Your first question:  Right, your next charge will be in Decembmer.  Second question:  You will get whatever the month is after your current paid month.  That is, if you have paid for November and then get a referral bonus, you would not pay for December.  If you signed up for a three-month multi-month subscription period that ends in January, your February box would be free.  

Meagonola,

Thanks for answering my questions.Do they give me a choice to pay for  a extra box if I want the free referral one and one I pay for for that month?

Originally Posted by RainbowClouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Meagonola,

Thanks for answering my questions.Do they give me a choice to pay for  a extra box if I want the free referral one and one I pay for for that month?
No.

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No.
JenniferV's got it.  But you can still buy an extra box for December, at least until those sell out:  You would just place an order for a new box and check the box next to "Is this a Gift?"  Gift subscriptions do not auto-renew.  But this will only work for the December box until the December boxes sell out (and after that, it will roll over to January).  But if the plan is to get this for a Christmas present, it's highly possible that it won't arrive in time.  These boxes usually arrive during the last few days of the month (or even the first couple of days of the following month) for me, so I'm expecting the December box to hit my doorstep right around the twelfth day of Christmas (they do *not* start before Christmas!  They start the day *after* Christmas!  [ramble about the three wise men and Epiphany deleted]).

Thanks again for all your help y'all. I just told my friend to wait to see what she thinks of my boxes first.I already figured mine wouldn't get here until after the first of the next month anyways. I don't know why they don't ship earlier in the month so you actually get the box in the month it's for.

Back