POPSUGAR Must Have February 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the thing, though:  These boxes don't even ship until after mid-month for a good chunk of people.  Mine was shipped on the 21st and arrived on the 24th (so, hey, at least it traveled quickly, but, still, only a week left in the month by the time it got here).  If they aimed for something V-Day-themed, these boxes wouldn't arrived until it was all over, and that's a CS nightmare I'm hoping they are aware enough to plan to avoid by *not* theming it to V-Day.   But.  The Oscars!  Are February 24th!  And the Independent Spirit Awards are the 23rd!  Due to the general PS focus on celebrities (check out the main site and their Facebook page.  Wall to wall celebrities), I can *totally* see this as a *perfect* chance to send out a Hollywood-themed box, and that is where my vote is going.  I'm so into movies that I actually have a cat named Oscar.  Well, okay, he's actually named after Oscar Wilde (because he's gray!  _The Picture of Dorian Gray_!  And it turns out he's a pissy little witch, just like a certain aforementioned Irishman, so it's even more appropriate).  But I've still been involved with movie festivals for a decade (as of this spring!  Whoa!  I can't believe it's been that long!), and I'll be starting my annual month of spending my weekends in a small room talking to people over the phone about what is in this year's film festival next weekend, so movies will be in the forefront of my mind for the next month.
oh...I like your idea even better!

Oscars, yes! How fun would that be? Lot's of neat things you could do for that. Jewelry, makeup, movie tickets...fun, fun, fun!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oscars, yes! How fun would that be? Lot's of neat things you could do for that. Jewelry, makeup, movie tickets...fun, fun, fun!
Also...delicious gourmet popcorn! Glitzy necklaces! Hollywood Bombshell lipsticks! Something cool for your Oscar parties! I could see this working out very well for us. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think we already saw one brand from the luxury box show up in the regular box, so I could totally see Deborah Lippmann showing up in this one since the Grammy awards are also in February, and most of her polishes have music-related (and usually rock) names.

Oh man, I was looking up reviews for the Popsugar box, and I really really love the stuff you guys have gotten... MINUS the past two boxes which would not have been worth the price for me. Before those two though the boxes seemed awesome! I am hoping maybe this next one will appeal to me more.

Is there a waitlist for this sub? Anyone know how long the wait is? I'm guessing you can't just sign up after you find out what they are sending out like you can with some other subs.

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man, I was looking up reviews for the Popsugar box, and I really really love the stuff you guys have gotten... MINUS the past two boxes which would not have been worth the price for me. Before those two though the boxes seemed awesome! I am hoping maybe this next one will appeal to me more.

Is there a waitlist for this sub? Anyone know how long the wait is? I'm guessing you can't just sign up after you find out what they are sending out like you can with some other subs.
Right now the website says that subscriptions start with the February box so it doesn't sound like there is a wait list right now.  There was a wait list toward the end of the year after a couple of great boxes, so technically there is always a chance that they will have a wait list again.

They do not officially release the contents until 2 weeks or so after the boxes ship.  No one knows what will be in them until spoilers start showing up online, and by then it is too late to order that month's box.  

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember that! Sometimes it can be hard to find "instant" excitement in PS boxes/items until you get a feel for the products. The GoVino glasses are an excellent example - I work at a mall and one of the boutiques we have sells the champagne flutes; I remember being very skeptical when I first saw them. Since receiving the wine version in our boxes, though, I've used them quite frequently and would actually re-purchase!

One of the main reasons to subscribe to such services (vs. spending that money on "something you want") is to discover and try new products that you may not have reached for on your own. I know you described before how you calculate your personal value on each box, and that's what I do as well - until I feel PS lets me down on that end, I'll be a subscriber :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Agreed 1000%! I've been subscribed since day one.. and on opening the box (with or without spoilers) I'm never all THAT excited about anything in it (not that I hate things - just rarely get the OMG moment from September).. but after a few uses I become OBSESSED! The socks that we got a few months back.. the GoVino glasses.. the Bodum mugs.. both work out DVDs.. the watch.. even the tote bag from the first box... all of them were SO boring to me at first but now they are honestly some of my favorite things I own! There have definitely been some items that totally missed the mark for me, and still do (the diffuser, candles, soap -- and that's just me.. others thought they were great!) but each box has had at least one or two things that I end up absolutly loving and that's what keeps me coming back!

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed 1000%! I've been subscribed since day one.. and on opening the box (with or without spoilers) I'm never all THAT excited about anything in it (not that I hate things - just rarely get the OMG moment from September).. but after a few uses I become OBSESSED! The socks that we got a few months back.. the GoVino glasses.. the Bodum mugs.. both work out DVDs.. the watch.. even the tote bag from the first box... all of them were SO boring to me at first but now they are honestly some of my favorite things I own! There have definitely been some items that totally missed the mark for me, and still do (the diffuser, candles, soap -- and that's just me.. others thought they were great!) but each box has had at least one or two things that I end up absolutly loving and that's what keeps me coming back!
I always love the little snacks too, even if they aren't so tasty, (although I've become addicted to the Pirate's Booty), they're usually perfect to take to work or class. Also...movie tickets?? I loved that! "Honey, we HAVE to go to this movie because we have tickets already." It took the "oh, $20 to see a movie I can get online in a few months is just too wasteful" out of the equation. As much as I'm sometimes "disappointed," I don't know if it will ever be to the degree that I would consider canceling.

About movie tickets: if you go to a lot if movies, check out MoviePass! I've had it for, oh, a month or two, and I find myself seeing a whole lot more movies since I just pay $35 a month, and i don't get upset when i see a crappy movie since i'm not wasting money on a specific movie. One big catch: I think you have to have an iPhone.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About movie tickets: if you go to a lot if movies, check out MoviePass! I've had it for, oh, a month or two, and I find myself seeing a whole lot more movies since I just pay $35 a month, and i don't get upset when i see a crappy movie since i'm not wasting money on a specific movie. One big catch: I think you have to have an iPhone.
Hmm...I don't have an iPhone but I do have a smartphone...but after a little digging, it sounds like the app will be available on the Android system "soon" (whatever that means). Perhaps in time for summer? More free time + air conditioning sounds like a recipe for lots of movies for me! I don't go very often mostly because it costs so much, but I think I would way more often if there wasn't the guilt factor (I'd feel guilty for NOT going). The only downside is that you have to convince whoever you're going with to shell out the cash for full price tickets or a membership as well. Of course, there's nothing wrong with going alone either, especially when every time does not have to be an epic "experience" since you have unlimited access.

I like the hollywood idea too. I'm still disappointed that they won't exchange my stained watch from January, but I'm going to be hopeful that this box will make up for it. Fingers crossed!

After my prepaid months end in March, I might do Golden Tote or something fun with clothes if I don't keep this sub. I feel like I end up with a lot of accessory type items from these subs and I need to branch out more. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the idea of the hollywood theme too, I hate that there are no spoilers and we have to wait and wait till someone gets one on here to see whats in it. lol

So what was wrong with your watch?

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the hollywood idea too. I'm still disappointed that they won't exchange my stained watch from January, but I'm going to be hopeful that this box will make up for it. Fingers crossed!

After my prepaid months end in March, I might do Golden Tote or something fun with clothes if I don't keep this sub. I feel like I end up with a lot of accessory type items from these subs and I need to branch out more. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It had a gross looking gray splotch on the white watch band. I emailed them a picture of the watch in the packaging so they could see that the watch had a stain before I opened it. They said they couldn't refund due to damaged packaging (which was not what had happened). I emailed them again, explaining again what had happened and I never heard back. Other people who posted in the PS thread got re-sent or could exchange a watch, but apparently I don't count to them or something.

It's okay, I'll take my money to another sub when this one runs out. But I hope the next two months are good so it still feels worth the money I already spent on it. Hope for February!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My February payment is pending today on my credit card ... PopSugar is inconsistent as usual.  Hopefully that means the boxes will ship a little earlier this month??  

My charge came up as pending today too.  Hopefully that means it will ship soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got my January one on waitlist though and only got it a few days ago...so it would seem so fast to me if it shipped soon. I love the hollywood idea! but I am hoping for something awesomely Vday related too.

Whoa, we are "processing"!!! I think they want them to be delivered by Valentines Day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am pretty sure they'll ship them next week!

Latest posts

Back