Post pics of your recent make-up hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Trisha Oh how we have you hooked Janelle! x
T x

Like a fish! Thanks Trish! Are MAC pro stores open to the public? I don't know any near me... I think only in the city - but the only MAC near me is in the Macy's at the mall - so that's not considered 'freestanding' I guess, huh?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha And yes MAC Pro stores are open to everyone! x oh nooo Trisha!!! Don't tell me that!!!! Now I'm going to be at the IBS Show (where MAC will be - at discount) and only blocks away from the pro store!?!?! What are you people doing to me!!!?!?!!?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Finally took pics of the stuff I bought in the past 2 weeks. There was more, but I gave some away b/c I had a substantial store credit to SFA. Mostly Armani, but there was also some stuff WnW & Jordana stuff I've never seen in Honolulu. Of course, since we don't have Kohl's I had to get a Flirt l/s & American Beauty e/s duo, but the 2 L'Oreal blushes were on sale so I couldn't resist.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Finally took pics of the stuff I bought in the past 2 weeks. There was more, but I gave some away b/c I had a substantial store credit to SFA. Mostly Armani, but there was also some stuff WnW & Jordana stuff I've never seen in Honolulu. Of course, since we don't have Kohl's I had to get a Flirt l/s & American Beauty e/s duo, but the 2 L'Oreal blushes were on sale so I couldn't resist.
wink.gif
NICE!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I actually saw those L'Oreal blushes today in Ulta... didn't buy (since I just got Sunbasque) but they looked pretty... have you tried them yet?
redface.gif

Today I got :

-MAC expensive pink eyeshadow

-MAC shale eyeshadow

Janelle:

If you search through ebay for "MAC palette" there's a bunch of people that sell the empty palettes to put the pro pans in.they have the quad and the 15 pan ones. there's always bidding wars on the the actual pro palette eye shadows though. and they tend to go for the price of the regular pots grrr. so i don't bid on the pro palette colors on ebay and buy the pots in store so i know i'm getting a color i actually like.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 Today I got :-MAC expensive pink eyeshadow

-MAC shale eyeshadow

Janelle:

If you search through ebay for "MAC palette" there's a bunch of people that sell the empty palettes to put the pro pans in.they have the quad and the 15 pan ones. there's always bidding wars on the the actual pro palette eye shadows though. and they tend to go for the price of the regular pots grrr. so i don't bid on the pro palette colors on ebay and buy the pots in store so i know i'm getting a color i actually like.
smile.gif

Thanks Lizzy! I'll have to check that out! Right now I only have the little pot e/s that I got at the counter. (MAC pro is like over an hour from me - never been there yet) so I'm debating if trying to get them out of the pots is worth it or not...
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 Today I got :-MAC expensive pink eyeshadow

-MAC shale eyeshadow

Janelle:

smile.gif

The pans you get at the pro store, are they just the little metal pans of shadow? and are they any cheaper than the pots from the counter?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 The pans you get at the pro store, are they just the little metal pans of shadow? and are they any cheaper than the pots from the counter? You can get them @ any freestanding store or a pro store. Each refill is about $9 or $10. You can even get them @ www.maccosmetics.com & probably don't have to pay taxes; but doe a code search for free s/h as well.
J, keep in mind that you shouldn't be paying more than $13 for a 15-pan. IIRC, they're either $12 or $12.50--someone correct me if I'm wrong--so watch the sneaky ebay sellers who'll jack up the price by charging inflated s/h fees.

I didn't see the pro pans online.sometimes i'm blind though. lol

the pro palette eyeshadow are smaller than the pots. they are individual little pans of eyeshadow or blush that you can interchange in palettes.

i did a search on ebay that shows you some different stuff:

http://search.ebay.com/mac-palette-l...idayQ20Q2dorra

here is another link for the eyeshadows and palettes:

http://search.ebay.com/mac-pro-palet...etteQ20Q2dorra

If you check out Trisha's notepad, it looks like all her MAC eyeshadows are the pro pans and in the 15 pan palette.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I didn't see the pro pans online.sometimes i'm blind though. lol
the pro palette eyeshadow are smaller than the pots. they are individual little pans of eyeshadow or blush that you can interchange in palettes.

i did a search on ebay that shows you some different stuff:

http://search.ebay.com/mac-palette-l...idayQ20Q2dorra

here is another link for the eyeshadows and palettes:

http://search.ebay.com/mac-pro-palet...etteQ20Q2dorra

If you check out Trisha's notepad, it looks like all her MAC eyeshadows are the pro pans and in the 15 pan palette.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Lizzy! I never knew they sold those little packets w/ just the pan - I guess I'm still a 'MAC Virgin' in some ways! LOL I just saw what they have at Macy's... so anything out of there, I'm clueless! I think I'll wait till the trade show to see what they have there before I go paying full price on things they'll probably have cheaper. I think I might also go to the MU class being held there by MAC artist Bianca Alexander!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Great Haul, Kim! Now I see they've got you hooked too!!!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Finally took pics of the stuff I bought in the past 2 weeks. There was more, but I gave some away b/c I had a substantial store credit to SFA. Mostly Armani, but there was also some stuff WnW & Jordana stuff I've never seen in Honolulu. Of course, since we don't have Kohl's I had to get a Flirt l/s & American Beauty e/s duo, but the 2 L'Oreal blushes were on sale so I couldn't resist.
wink.gif
Nice haul Gail.. I'm loving the GA e/s
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally This is what I bought:Teal e/s

Sweet Sage Fluidline

Pigments (Lemon Meringue and Cornflower)

Brush # 219

and two pallettes (4 shadows in each)

Shale Swimming

Amber Llama

Jest Juxt

Swish Club

NICE Kim! I'm loving your palettes! Kirstyn (sp?) has got such a cool mom!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Now I'm going to be at the IBS Show (where MAC will be - at discount) Ok girlie, now i HATE you! I wanna go to that show.. can i come with you? I'll fly over to the US for a few hours just to go
biggrin.gif

Dam i spelt her name wrong! Lucky girl! I'm getting my mom into MAC now so then i can borrow some of her things **evil laugh**!!

Originally Posted by Laura Dam i spelt her name wrong! Lucky girl! I'm getting my mom into MAC now so then i can borrow some of her things **evil laugh**!! Yeah, my mom is starting to get into it too.... but she's not following the rules!!! She's borrowing MY stuff & not buying any of her own!!! LOL
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Ok girlie, now i HATE you! I wanna go to that show.. can i come with you? I'll fly over to the US for a few hours just to go
biggrin.gif

Hop on that jet plane! LOL It's a good thing I'm bringing a wheelie suitcase this year to put all the stuff in (back was killing me for 3 days last year!) But I think I'd need it to wheel you around after you take one look at that place and the prices and FAINT! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Plus she'll learn about the good things (and the need of a well off sugar daddy) LOL. Yeah really! lol But I'm sure she'll love it. Hell, who wouldn't love a ton of MAC as their first makeup!?!?
tongue.gif

Are Fluidlines a bit like liquid eyeliner? The colours look great but I don't know if I'd like them because pencil eyeliner lasts on my upper lash line anyway and I like to be able to blend and smudge eyeliner on my lower lash line.

Cool cool, i have Honeylust on my w/l so i think i'll get that next
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Violet Are Fluidlines a bit like liquid eyeliner? The colours look great but I don't know if I'd like them because pencil eyeliner lasts on my upper lash line anyway and I like to be able to blend and smudge eyeliner on my lower lash line. My boyfriend calls it my "pot of grease"...
icon_rolleyes.gif
Typical guy 'motorhead' response... lol

Back