Post pics of your recent make-up hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's some pics of some No7 make-up I bought yesterday, from the new range. The lipstick looks more browny pink, not peachy brown in real-life (just love the way it slants, though) and it's called Angel, the lip gloss is Candyfloss and the nail varnish is Sorbet (and the shimmer is more electric green than gold).

My cousin is a No7 Beauty Consultant & she text me last week to say "you gotta come in to Boots, we're after getting so much nice things in"!! I haven't been yet but i like the look of the products in your pics!

I'm waiting on one more CP package to arrive so when it does i'll post a pic of all the make up i've bought recently
biggrin.gif

I'm really impressed with the lipstick! It feels so moisturising but really light and it has a matte but slightly shimmery finish. I also got the free gift (because I spent over £15) and there was a Moisture Drench l/s in that (in Chic - gorgeous lip colour shade), which is so nice! It reminded me of Dior Addict l/s. There was also a nail varnish, cleanser and toner, moisturiser, and mascara. I'm going to try out the mascara tomorrow, though I doubt it'll be as good as my Clinique one.

Originally Posted by Trisha If i do get any Fluidlliners today, i'll post pics later! x I'll post pics of whatever I buy tomorrow.

Here's my Trish McEvoy haul from yesterday! Saks was doing a beauty event and I bought the Beauty in Motion Skincare Kit. It's a light seafoam-green leatherette makeup bag with handle, and inside is a small seafoam-green leatherette planner with pink lining. The kit contains the following full-sized brushes:

• #48 Blending brush
  • #23 Angled Crease Contour
  • #50 Angled Precision Lining
1 small planner page with the following cosmetics:
  • Blush in Pinched 2 (rosey shimmer)
  • Bronzer in Weekend (blush sized, not full-sized)
  • Eyeshadow in Glaze Mint
  • Defining Shadow in Charcoal
  • Deluxe size Eyeshadow in Butterscotch (the size of a blush - great allover wash and base shade)
The planner also included a pull-out pink nylon pouch for travel in your purse! It contained:
  • Lip color in Buff
  • Lip liner in Deep Nude
Also, also...there were skincare samples:
  • Gentle Cleansing Wash
  • Gentle Cleansing Lotion
  • Gentle Cleansing Balm
  • Dry Skin Normalizer
  • Protective Shield SPF 15 Moisturizer
  • Vitamin C Cream .5oz
  • 2.6ml sample of #9 Blackberry and Vanilla Musk perfume
Because of the Saks event, I also received the following as goodies:
  • Sample of #9 Blackberry and Vanilla Musk Body Polish Sugar Scrub
  • Vitamin C Cream .5oz
  • Even Skin Beta Hydroxy Pads (trial size in small jar)
  • Full size Glaze lipcolor in Raspberry Glace
I also bought:
  • an empty page to go into the planner, since I have other Trish shadows I use often.
  • New sheer gloss in Lilac - which is a transparent lilac-purple.

Originally Posted by Trisha Fluidlines in: Waveline, Royal Wink, Frostlite, Rich Ground, Dipdown, Blacktrack,Blue Peep, Silverstroke, & Brassy (I have Iris Eyes, Macroviolet and Sweet Sage on

the way to me in the post!! Yay!)

Love Nectar Lustreglass

And my staff discount allocation got delivered yesterday and I got:

MAC Wipes (the bulk 100 pack - exciting eh??)

Stila Brushes #5 and #9

Stila Browset in Dark

I had a £50 voucher for Selfridges ( I won it at work), so I got 5 fluidlines for free

really!

Holy cow Trisha!!!! You are the Fluidline Queen!!!!
icon_eek.gif
I see "Blue Peep has found her sheep, huh?"
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Nice haul Kitty! I've never tried anything by Trish McEvoy but i've only heard good things about that brand so have fun with your goodies!

Trish, what can i say only you've done it again! Great haul honey.. Can you take a close up pic for me of macroviolet, dipdown & rich ground?? I can't decide which to get!

Originally Posted by Trisha Fluidlines in: Waveline, Royal Wink, Frostlite, Rich Ground, Dipdown, Blacktrack,Blue Peep, Silverstroke, & Brassy (I have Iris Eyes, Macroviolet and Sweet Sage on

the way to me in the post!! Yay!)

Love Nectar Lustreglass

And my staff discount allocation got delivered yesterday and I got:

MAC Wipes (the bulk 100 pack - exciting eh??)

Stila Brushes #5 and #9

Stila Browset in Dark

I had a £50 voucher for Selfridges ( I won it at work), so I got 5 fluidlines for free

really!

I am so jealous!!!!
eek.gif
All kidding aside, I went to MAC and had a tiny haul - Blacktrack and Waveline fluid liner, and brush #208.

Kitty, I love the sea green pouch and planner! I haven't tried Trish McEvoy either -- can you post some reviews for us??

Ok tell me your joking honey? Fluidlines are MAC's new gel eyeliners. EVERYBODY is raving about them! Can't wait to try them out
biggrin.gif

Thanks Trish, am looking forward to the pics. Do you think i'd use Rich Ground more than Macroviolet? Seriously need advice here!

I've heard of them but people are just saying how great they are, not what they actually are! How do you use them? I don't use gel eyeliner, just pencil.

LOL! Basically dip a brush onto them and line your eyes as usual. I have Bobbi Brown's Fine Eyeliner Brush & use that for my BB Gel Eyeliner so i'm gonna use them for my fluidlines too!! You would love them girlie, gel eyeliners last ALL day on my eyes. I'll never go back to pencil liners again

Originally Posted by Laura LOL! Basically dip a brush onto them and line your eyes as usual. I have Bobbi Brown's Fine Eyeliner Brush & use that for my BB Gel Eyeliner so i'm gonna use them for my fluidlines too!! You would love them girlie, gel eyeliners last ALL day on my eyes. I'll never go back to pencil liners again I'm really liking them too ~ I just need to practice w/ that brush... I'm so used to pencil that I'm a spaz when it comes to drawing a straight line w/ it !! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Nice stuff guys! I got some stuff.. not really MU related, but kinda! I got my Trish McEvoy planner, and I'm hoping I can get my brushes in here!!!
icon_neutral.gif
Lots of pockets n' pouches though! I also got the Alexis Vogel MU/Hair dvd - so I'll be watching that tomorrow for some tips
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And my friend gave me her Redken train case... we typically use the large cases like this for hair stuff - but since I'm not needing to tote things around anymore, we just might have to put some MU in there! LOL
icon_cool.gif
It needs a good dusting, but there's a padded bottom, storage boxes on top, deep compartments, and tons of brush pouches!
tongue.gif
I also got some of her trade show "surplus" from last year - she got so many multiples! Some of the stuff I got: a new trimmer (thank god, cutting hair w/o one is a witch! - Left mine at my old salon job on accident) and some KEUNE hairspray and mousse... (check out the press release for them in HAIR TALK forum!) and some Matrix Amplify spray... not bad for free, huh?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'll try and post pics of my haul from yesterday later on today. Need to get my camera out and start snapping!

Here's what I bought (sorry about some of the blurry pics, my digi cam isn't too good)

PHTO0033.jpg

NARS e/s Duo in April Fool

NARS lip laquer in Sweet Charity (the SA was wearing it and looked great so I couldn't resist)

PHTO0034.jpg

Stila Lipglaze in Pomegranate

MAC l/s in Pink Poodle

PHTO0035.jpg

C/W from to left

MAC e/s in Brill

MAC e/s in Metamorph

MAC Fluidline in Blue Peep

PHTO0036.jpg

Trish McEvoy Petite Planner

PHTO0037.jpg

Petite brush set (came with petite planner)

Trish McEvoy # 10 one sweep colour brush

Ruby and Millie Lash comb

PHTO0039.jpg

Inside Trish McEvoy Planner

Lip palette with Lip colours in:

Sexy, Iced Mocha

Pink Rose, Sparkling Blush

Rio, Plum

Cherry Red, Sheer Plum

PHTO0038.jpg

Originally Posted by Trisha I was there, but cool haul anyways Lea! x How near are you to Lea? Do you guys hang out a lot? You're always haul shopping... LOL And for such good stuff - I'm in envy!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'll try and post pics of my haul from yesterday later on today. Need to get my camera out and start snapping! Where do you get the MAC pallettes? Do they sell them at the stores? I never see them there. I'm thinking of putting my e/s in one - although I love my pots, It's a little much to be carrying around all of them! (I bring my mu to work sometimes If I'm running late) for now I have them all in the Sephora drawstring satchel they give you free w/ purchase - and are the bottoms magnatized to keep in the e/s?? Also (last question, I swear! lol) Does the "Back 2 Mac" apply when the whole E/s has been taken out? or do they want you to return them w/ the little metal pan in it?
redface.gif

Latest posts

Back