Primer VS Face Moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My makeup doesn't stay during the day, regardless of what I do. I put on foundation, concealer, then powder (in that order) and nothing works.

I'm just curious what everyone's opinions are on primers. Are they worth the $$$ and which ones work? Would I just be better off using a good moisturizer under my foundation?

Thanks ladies!

i've never useda primer before. i know of smashbox, laura mercier and nars' primers.

if you are by any of those counters, see if you can get a sample of any of them!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Isn't that the purpose of loose powder anyway? i'd say to keep a shine-free face.

Even when my skin was oily, I still used sunscreen or face moisturizer as a base for my face makeup everyday. I think it really helps it to last. HTHS!
smile.gif

Loose powder won't make that much of a difference..I use it everyday and by the time I get off from work my makeup looks horrible! I've been thinking about buying Vicent Longo's Face Primer..I got one of his eyeshadows and WOW! it lasted all day long without using eyeshadow base.. But then again primers are supposed to ensure your foundation looks flawless..I really don't know if it helps keep it in place.. Another thing you might want to look at is the type/brand of foundation ur using

wow! the LM primer sounds like it does goooood. i have combo skin and i wish my makeup lasted longer also. trisha, do you use it in place of a moisturizer in the am? wouldnt too much on your face (moisturizer+primer) do worse for the oilyness? and is it acne-prone-safe?
icon_wink.gif
so many questions...haha.

wow. neroli oil moisturizer? interesting
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i just might try that primer. where do you get it? i wish my makeup lasted as long as i do!! that'd be a dream.

and also! i remember you saying you used the MAC fix+ spray... or is the history? i dunno how'd it'd be for oily/acne prone skin.
icon_neutral.gif

I have used a lot of primers....Benefit, Chanel, Dior, Smashbox, Laura Mercier etc. I have found they just don't work for me. I feel like they move my makeup around on my face. The finish is flawless but the wear throughout the day wasn't improved. I think they clog my pores too. I just slop on the moisturizer
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby I have used a lot of primers....Benefit, Chanel, Dior, Smashbox, Laura Mercier etc. I have found they just don't work for me. I feel like they move my makeup around on my face. The finish is flawless but the wear throughout the day wasn't improved. I think they clog my pores too. I just slop on the moisturizer
icon_lol.gif
I have the same issue, so i rarely used powder, now i use lotion with powder it does work for me...
icon_confused.gif

Latest posts

Back