problems w/ undereye concealer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have pretty dark, almost purple (!) undereye circles. I´m currently using MAC Color Corrector in peach to cover them up. the problem is, that my undereye area looks so much lighter than the rest of my face, because I have to apply a lot of the concealer.

if i use less, my circles aren´t covered up completely. If I use more, the circles are gone, but my fine "wrinkles" show up too.

so what I do is apply a fairly rich eye cream, then apply the concealer, then go over it with my foundation (usually Mac Hyperreal) again ( to try to even out the light concealer-color) but it just ends up a little cakey and it accentuates the little lines under my eyes.

HELP! What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you need a different shade so Arielle. Maybe you should visit a MAC counter & get the MA to match a concealer to your skin.

Are you happy with the concealer itself or would you be interested in changing? If your not, I recently bought Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer and LOVE if for under my eyes if you'd like to check that one out!

well, I guess I will get a different concealer. the one that I have now was picked out by the MA at MAC.

whenever I have more money I´ll get the BB concealer...I already heard good things about that one.

and I have the YSL Touche Eclat too...so you said I should use this OVER the concealer? interesting, I´ll definitely try that.

thanks for the advice,girls, you are great
icon_biggrin.gif

i was gonna post this up, too!

mine are blue/green and it's so embarrassing, even though my sister said you can't even notice it, but still. i'd feel a lot better about myself it they were covered up.

my concealer is the best (lancome photogenic), so i don't wanna switch from that. it's just the blue that comes outta that. should i use a yellow concealer to cancel the blue out?

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and suggest Bobbi Brown as well. If you get the concealor without the powder, then it will be cheaper (and you can use your regular powder).

If you apply a generous dose of eye cream before, then it will help to blend the concealor without looking cakey. It really is worth it.

Originally Posted by Trisha Hmm if you are finding using the MAC colour corrector is making the eye area look lighter than the rest of your face, i suggest you look for an eye concealer that matches your skintone, but has more pigment in it, so it will cover any darkness.
These are ones I like:

Stila Eye Concealer (if you can find a match and its not too dry for you, this is so great and VERY pigmented)

MAC Select Cover Up

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (and try their corrector first)

And i think using something like YSL Touche Eclat/ Dior Skinflash/Lancome Retouch/BeneFit Lyin Eyes, over the eye concealer is great, as they are all light reflecting. And as you know

Light Brings Areas Forward and Dark Recedes Areas

So using a light reflective product over the concealer will help cancel out the darkness! Hope this helps xx

Trisha x

Great advice there Trisha. Thanks for that
biggrin.gif

I can sometimes get away with TE on its if I've had exactly the right amount of sleep, other I use it over concealer too.

Back