Products that you think are overhyped?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Princess6828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Stila lipglazes. Yuck! Soooo sticky and I hate the stupid clicky twist desgin. It never comes out, so I keep twisting and then it all just oozes out. I don't really like MAC all that much either (please don't shoot me!). me either **hides**

Benefit: I am probably the only one here that actually doesn't like the packaging. I am all for girlie packaging, but I really don't like cartoon on my cosmetics.

La Mer: It may be a good moisturizer, but it is not worth the price. Algae is one of the cheapest and the most easily acquired ingredients. (Many of the super-expensive moisturizers fall into this category. Ingredient-wise, they are, as Simon Cowell would say, "distinctively average".)

Lancome Juicy Tubes: I don't really understand why many magazines say they are the best lip glosses when they are more or less the same as so many others.

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally do not care much for Stila products at all. I have to agree with you about Stila. I have an e/s duo that I rarely reach for, and the lip glaze is way too thick.
Other products that get too much hype:

Bare Minerals

Proactiv

Prescriptives Flawless foundation

Originally Posted by allisong /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...also never understood why everyone liked NARS Orgasm.. I agree with this too! I have it and it's pretty but it wears off in about 2 hours!

orgasm looks terrible on me ,so i am not a fan...maybe on lighter people it is really the all purpose HG

la mer is so...average and not worth the cash or the press.

diorshow mascara is good, but not great. Ive used better

And i agree with the hope in a jar thing...no results, probably b/c the packaging destabalizes the lactic acid. I don't mind the smell though

Originally Posted by Princess6828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Stila lipglazes. Yuck! Soooo sticky and I hate the stupid clicky twist desgin. It never comes out, so I keep twisting and then it all just oozes out. I don't really like MAC all that much either (please don't shoot me!). *BAM BAM!*
cowboy.gif
I'm just kidding!
rotfl.gif
I'm a MAC fan but I don't understand why evryone loves Lipglass! It's disgusting, thick, and oh so icky. Yuck.

I must be a weirdo as I love most of the products that others think suck, lol.

I love La Mer although I agree the price is crazy, Stila Rocks!, Hope in a Jar really suits me, I adore Chanel Glossimers, I'm a sucker for Benefit although I think "Lip PLump" is awful.

I find Prestige eyeliners way too hard

I think that Maybelline Great Lash is utter crap

I think Rimmel is horrible, terrible packaging, no colour payoff

I don't like a lot of drugstore brand as I like high quality packaging but I agree that there are some geat products to be found in them(I LOVE checking out Wallgreens, CVS, Target ect., when I'm over, I could spend HOURS in them)

I agree with Chanel Glossimers. I have one in "Sesame" and it's no different than Neutrogena's glosses (except it costs about twice as much)...

Diorshow mascara is also a waste. L'Oreal Full Definition Voluminous gives identical results for a fraction of the price.

I LOVE MAC lipglasses, though. I LOVE that it's sticky. And the most important part...it tastes and smells GREAT!!!! I won't put anything on my lips if it doesn't taste good. lol.

Benefit definitely, but I did like their Shelaq at one point... and their lip glosses are okay... but all of it is definitely overpriced. Also, Stila Lipglazes are wayyy too sticky and the applicators are annoying. I DO like Stila eyeshadow though, I think the pigmentation and blending is great on those products. And I agree that Maybelline's mascaras suck big time. Rimmel is slowly but surely losing my interest.

Some of the Stila lipglosses, I forgot the name though. It's the one that comes in a pen, I think it's too expensive especially if you can find cheaper alternatives.

Originally Posted by Princess6828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Stila lipglazes. Yuck! Soooo sticky and I hate the stupid clicky twist desgin. It never comes out, so I keep twisting and then it all just oozes out. I don't really like MAC all that much either (please don't shoot me!). I agree on the Stila lipglazes. I have one and I've probably only used it a couple of times, it was such a waste of money.

Originally Posted by atouchofblusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif Benefit: I am probably the only one here that actually doesn't like the packaging. I am all for girlie packaging, but I really don't like cartoon on my cosmetics.
La Mer: It may be a good moisturizer, but it is not worth the price. Algae is one of the cheapest and the most easily acquired ingredients. (Many of the super-expensive moisturizers fall into this category. Ingredient-wise, they are, as Simon Cowell would say, "distinctively average".)

Lancome Juicy Tubes: I don't really understand why many magazines say they are the best lip glosses when they are more or less the same as so many others.

Yeah, those Juicy Tubes seem like such a waste of money.

Although the Glossimers are pricey, they are very pretty, not sticky, and they last 2-3 hours without re-application. You also get a lot of product in the tube for the price.

bare minerals

proactiv

mac lip products as a whole

maybelline greatlash

biore

fashion fair

mac eyelashes

feria

herbal essense

garnier

Back