Products that you think are overhyped?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I love Stila products and Chanel Glossimers! I agree about La Mer and La Prairie, though. Umm...also a lot of MAC (also ducking!!)...although I love some of their stuff, I don't think the whole line is worthy of worship. I don't even worship all of Stila -- their blushes are nice but not fabulous (I'm not big on blush though), I've never been able to get the hang of smudgepots, and their lipsticks make my lips feel weird. Oh, and now that I've met the soon-to-be-dc'ed Luminous from Milani, I'm not a big fan of my Nars Orgasm...Milani is prettier.

I have to agree with some of you about nars orgasm, christian dior show mascara. The shu umera mascaras are just OK. so overhyped. Oh and the great lash mascara, such an average mascara for all the hype.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Philosophy products. The line is average at best in quality and they make all of these claims that amount up to being straight out lies. With each product of theirs that I try I'm beginning to "get" their Philosophy.

Avon. Their sales and advertising are great, way better than most of their products. They should put their entire company up for sale to another company that will reformulate practically every product that they offer now, to actually do what they claim it will do, which, in my experience, their products seldom do.

Maybelline. A company of firsts. Yeah right. The first to create and mass produce mascara and they sadly haven't revamped the formula since it's initiation. Maybe they should just volume purchase L'oreal's mascaras, stamp their name on it, and then they'd finally have a winner.

Covergirl. They should actually test their foundations and powders on the living instead of the dead for color matches that are flattering.

Physicians formula. Something about this line has made me want to like them since it's inception. But... I personally have yet to come across even one of their products as decent in quality. In fact, I believe that it was this line that finally caused me to practically boycott all drugstore cosmetic lines in order to stop waisting my money on drugstore products that simply cannot deliver a quality finish.

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Totally agree. If Benefit's actual products were even half as good as their packaging they'd be a great line lol
dito.gif

Dior mascara!

BE

Philosophy everything

La Prairie

Manual Override - man I want to order some of his "gaudy" stuff but it just looks too overpriced to me.

Please don't hate me.....
s.gif

But I honestly don't understand the hype with MAC pigments...

I find the colors way too glittery/shimmery for my liking.

Nars Orgasm

MAC skinfinish

YSL touche eclat

Philosophy the whole line

BE foundation

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Avon. Their sales and advertising are great, way better than most of their products. They should put their entire company up for sale to another company that will reformulate practically every product that they offer now, to actually do what they claim it will do, which, in my experience, their products seldom do.
Maybelline. A company of firsts. Yeah right. The first to create and mass produce mascara and they sadly haven't revamped the formula since it's initiation. Maybe they should just volume purchase L'oreal's mascaras, stamp their name on it, and then they'd finally have a winner.

Covergirl. They should actually test their foundations and powders on the living instead of the dead for color matches that are flattering.

Physicians formula. Something about this line has made me want to like them since it's inception. But... I personally have yet to come across even one of their products as decent in quality. In fact, I believe that it was this line that finally caused me to practically boycott all drugstore cosmetic lines in order to stop waisting my money on drugstore products that simply cannot deliver a quality finish.

Avon has some pretty good eyeshadows that I like that are pigmented and stay on. I like their lipglosses too.
Maybelline's eyeshadow sticks are great and their Full N Soft Mascara is good!

I like CoverGirls Smoothers Hydrating Foundation but then I'm extremely pale and its a neutral which matches my skin tone perfectly.

Physicians Formulas Baked Eyeshadows look good when applied wet but other than that I think they suck
biggrin.gif

I think MAC is overhyped, and overpriced, though all I've tried is the Fluidline its alright but I like my cake eyeliner better.

L`Oreal, I just bought the Penelope's Red and Aishwarya's Beige and while beautiful colors they dont stay on!

Okay, maybe I'm naive, but Cover Girl doesn't really test their foundations and powders on the dead, do they??? If so, ew!!!

please don't hate me as well, but i just don't get the hype of Nars Orgasm blush and the MAC Skinfinishes. just don't get it.

Quote:
Although Maybelline was the first company to sell mascara, the mascaras I've tried from them are not impressive at all. Lots of other brands perform much better.
Volume Express -- heavy smudging

Sky High Curves -- the most difficult mascara I've ever tried to remove

Lash Expansion -- smudges

Intense XXL -- Not bad, but nothing to write home about

Lash Stylist -- S**t Alert!

iagree.gif

Originally Posted by vickih /img/forum/go_quote.gif please don't hate me as well, but i just don't get the hype of Nars Orgasm blush and the MAC Skinfinishes. just don't get it. Exactly. I agree.

Originally Posted by Dubsbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Please don't hate me.....
s.gif

But I honestly don't understand the hype with MAC pigments...

I find the colors way too glittery/shimmery for my liking.

I totally agree. I have yet to find something from MAC that I really like. I might use it a day or two and then give it to my daughter who will wear anything or I trash it.

covergirl mascaras,covergirl foundations..any brand of waterproof mascara! HATE the stuff! lol

Back