Qualifications for MAC PPID Program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by haloinrverse i will. thank you.
smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse i was denied, which really pissed me off, because i do qualify. id mostly like to see the pro site. the former password leaked, and everyone and their brother could see it. theres a new password that hasnt been spread around yet. anyways, the customer service person who handled my application inquiry was very rude, and treated me like i was a nobody and didnt deserve one. i practically had to beg her to consider that i did in fact qualify. You should be able to mail in an application or go to one of the Pro stores with their requirements too. If you had what was required I don't understand why they denied you. What did you give them?
Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Originally Posted by candacecorey You should be able to mail in an application or go to one of the Pro stores with their requirements too. If you had what was required I don't understand why they denied you. What did you give them?
Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

its been a while (i can check for certain if it would help) but i email for an application, discussed it with the application woman, she finally sent me one snail mail, and then i never heard back. i emailed about it, and was told i was denied. i sent proof of occupation, etc. whatever it was that was required.
theres no pro store anywhere near me, and the nearest free standing store is 200 miles away. i have a counter to work with locally, and thats it.

Just have one faxed to you. That's what I did, because it's coming from Canada and it took for ever.

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just have one faxed to you. That's what I did, because it's coming from Canada and it took for ever. Hi, I was wondering if anyone that has a ppid can help me. I'm just getting into the whole make-up industry as an artist and would like to take advantage of the mac ppid. Could you tell me exactly what to mail/fax them as proof?

Would the following be ok?:

• copy of passport
  • copy of driving licence
  • photocopy of 2 or 3 pictures of people that I put make up on
  • business card
Kind regards.
Ps why pictures in black and white???

Originally Posted by Tee28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, I was wondering if anyone that has a ppid can help me. I'm just getting into the whole make-up industry as an artist and would like to take advantage of the mac ppid. Could you tell me exactly what to mail/fax them as proof?

Would the following be ok?:

• copy of passport
  • copy of driving licence
  • photocopy of 2 or 3 pictures of people that I put make up on
  • business card
Kind regards.
Ps why pictures in black and white???

I don't know why the pic has to be in black and white but I can tell you what types of proofs to send in.

- A copy of your photo identification

- They want to see something that proves you are involved in the industry. You must in any combination of 2 current pieces of that verify your involvement in the industry. Such as:

• A resume
  • business card with name and profession
  • composite card
  • editorial page with name credit
  • headshot
  • union card
  • professional license
  • Reference letter
You can send in any combination of the two above. I sent in a resume and a business card and a reference letter, just to be safe, but 3 is NOT necessary. The website only specifies 2!
Here is the link to the pro site that gives you a breakdown of all the criteria.

MAC Pro | Membership | Enrollment

I was able to get mine with a business card and composite card. The comp card had pictures of work I've done and the pictures were in color, not black and white. This is the first I've heard about the pictures having to be a certain format/color.

The whole process took about 2 months (if that) and I was approved. It was pretty simple.

Back