Question about knifes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been watching 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray (I am becoming obsessed with her...lol) and I keep seeing her awesome knifes. Now, I know absolutely nothing about cooking but I want to learn. I checked out the knife set she uses and it is about $100 for three knifes. Does anyone know if that is really worth it? I mean, I can think of better things to buy with $100. If not, can anyone recommend some good knifes? I really want to start to learn how to cook.

Oh man... I think that means that I am getting old. Yikes!

getting old! what are u taking about girl ?

I love to cook, but when it comes to knives , I just go to Walmart ... lol

sorri , I'm not much help :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel old because I never cared about cooking and kitchen stuff. :tocktock:

Thgnks!

I've been wanting those knives for ever! I've heard they really are the best knives, and I've noticed almost all celebrity chefs/cooks use them. I'm debating on getting the cheaper ones in Wal-Mart first... If those work well, then it's justified in getting the more expensive ones LOL!

I've been wanting those knives for ever too, also Martha Stwart uses them & they look so professional :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i think they worth $ 100

my mom has them, they are soooo nice and durable forreal.... they cut stuff up reall nice too!

good knives are an investment, especially if you love to cook...IMO $100 for 3 knives is dirt cheap, our knives cost that much for one. But they're so worth it-i've learned not to skimp on kitchen stuff, good knives and good cookwear is a joy to use!

I have Henckels TwinStar Plus, they've been discontinued and replaced by Twin Select i believe. Have had them for 10 years, still as good as new despite constant daily use.

I remember watching her show, and she said to buy just one knife that is heavy and that feels good in your hand. I think she said the same thing about not getting an entire set of pots.

Wow... that is great that they have lasted that long.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

still going strong, too.

When i was buying my knives i bought them individually, 1 at a time, and just the ones i knew i would use.

We have these great german knoives with a name i cant remember. A good weight...very important. If you buy pricey knives, make sure the place you buy them from sharpens too. The store we bought ours from does a sharpening service once a year for free, and they bring in a pro to do it.

I also am all about cooking lately and I agree - good knives will last a lifetime and worth the investment. I went to Target and only got one Chef's Knife for $20 (which is pretty cheap really) and LOVE it. I chop up everything. I definitely plan to go back and invest in more knives.

Latest posts

Back