Question about lipstick shades...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Y'all!

Good morning....hope y'all are having a great Monday! Question for ya..
icon_rolleyes.gif

I want to purchase a new fall lipstick...preferably a berry color or similar. I am just wondering what colors make your teeth look whiter and brighter. I have a fair to medium complextion and redish-brown hair with highlights. My teeth are pretty white but somehow I keep finding these lipsticks and glosses that make my teeth look yellow. What to do...what to do....man..I sure know my priorities in life huh? LOL

Bye for now y'all!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Pinkymarz!

I found the best lipsticks to make my teeth look whiter are in the shade family you're looking for. Something that is medium to medium-deep in color tone, a true rose with a little red in the base tone with not a lot of brown. You can try MAC "O", which has both a rose and sheer redness to it. Gorgeous on!

HTH!!

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz Hey Y'all!
icon_rolleyes.gif

I want to purchase a new fall lipstick...preferably a berry color or similar. I am just wondering what colors make your teeth look whiter and brighter. I have a fair to medium complextion and redish-brown hair with highlights. My teeth are pretty white but somehow I keep finding these lipsticks and glosses that make my teeth look yellow. What to do...what to do....man..I sure know my priorities in life huh? LOL

Bye for now y'all!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Bye for now y'all!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hey look at this answer that I totally lifted from experts on the net:
<TABLE class="whiteback size8 black nobold nounderline" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class="whiteback size9 black bold nounderline"><TD colSpan=2>Lipstick and Yellow Teeth</TD></TR><TR class="whiteback size8 black nobold nounderline"><TD colSpan=2>If your teeth are yellow, don´t use dark color lipsticks as they will make your teeth look more yellow. Also corals and orange shades are not a good choice either. Instead, choose a pink brown, rose or red brown shade.

Counteract yellow teeth with a red lipstick that has blue undertones. "Blue casts a blue/white sheen into the mouth, making teeth appear whiter," says B. J. Gillian, the Cover Girl Makeup Pro who relies on this trick at photo shoots.

For yellow teeth try a blue based shade like red or whine. For gray teeth try a warm hue like bronze or cooper.

Here are some possible berryish colors that you might like that will not make your teeth look yellow in comparison:

782425_sw.jpg
782482_sw.jpg

702548_sw.jpg
534099_sw.jpg
http://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/5720/20030625180107/www.sephora.com/assets/dyn/sku/684126/684126_sw.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dang, you are a "SUPERMODERATOR"!!!! I am on my way to The Mall of America today!!! Thanks so much!!!

I just got my free sample of "Rimmel Lasting Finish" lipstick last Friday, the sample they sent was Coffee Shimmer, reeeeeeally pretty color and works well with my skin tones. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry my lips out like some of the other long wear lipsticks can do if you don't keep applying gloss. It didn't seem to last 7 hours like they advertise, but I did only have to touch up once after a few hours. I liked it so much that I went to Walgreens and bought the exact same color, it must be one of the most popular colors has there were very few left compared to other colors. The price isn't bad either. Has anyone tried their eyeshadows or other items? I must admit I am so pleased with their lipstick that I will probably give other Rimmel products a try.

Harleymom, I just bought Rimmel's Grey and Pink eyeshadow...(very soft and pretty) and their white eyeliner for my bottom lids...(goes on very smooth and stays on a long time too). AND, because the line was on sale (33% off) last week at Walgreen's...they thru in a mascara...(too wet)...for free. I think I'll try a lipstick....

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz Harleymom,
I just bought Rimmel's Grey and Pink eyeshadow...(very soft and pretty) and their white eyeliner for my bottom lids...(goes on very smooth and stays on a long time too). AND, because the line was on sale (33% off) last week at Walgreen's...they thru in a mascara...(too wet)...for free. I think I'll try a lipstick....

Thanks Pinky! Since the power is still out here (Thankyou hurricane Jeanne) and it's too hot to go out and start yard clean up without having the A/C in the house to escape to, I think I will go shopping
icon_lol.gif
. Whenever I'm stressed I clean house so one of the things I did before the hurricane was clean out my makeup drawer. When I was at Walgreens to buy the lipstick I did look at some of the other Rimmel products and one of their eyeshadows caught my attention, a really pretty like sable brown with a lighter shade of shadow to use with it. Walgreens here I come.

Hiya Harley,

I use Rimmel's powder, not the compact but the pan of pressed powder. I have found it's as good as Neutrogena's but only $3. Their eye pencils are ok, don't last as long as Revlon's and the lip gloss is too goopy for me. I have the coffee shimmer lipstick too
smile.gif
and love the way it feels! It's a pretty shade for fall & it's not thick or slippy. I didn't know it was supposed to be long lasting but for me that doesn't matter. I love the smell of it as well. The next item I'm going to try from their line is blush because I'm running low and want to try a new shade.

p.s. I forgot, I also have Rimmel's mascara with the comb brush...I am not a mascara wearer because I can't stand the way it feels & how hard it is to get it off at the end of the day, but! I really liked this mascara, even more than Maybelline's Great Lash!

Originally Posted by rowantree Hiya Harley,I use Rimmel's powder, not the compact but the pan of pressed powder. I have found it's as good as Neutrogena's but only $3. Their eye pencils are ok, don't last as long as Revlon's and the lip gloss is too goopy for me. I have the coffee shimmer lipstick too
smile.gif
and love the way it feels! It's a pretty shade for fall & it's not thick or slippy. I didn't know it was supposed to be long lasting but for me that doesn't matter. I love the smell of it as well. The next item I'm going to try from their line is blush because I'm running low and want to try a new shade.

Hey Rowan, isn't the coffee shimmer lipstick great? I haven't used anything else since I bought mine. I just picked up the duo eye shadow in Walnut Pearls, I like it but I need to go back and see if they have a darker color to use with it, I also got the pure white eye pencil but didn't care for it, not that it's not a good product, just not for me.

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz Harleymom,
I just bought Rimmel's Grey and Pink eyeshadow...(very soft and pretty) and their white eyeliner for my bottom lids...(goes on very smooth and stays on a long time too). AND, because the line was on sale (33% off) last week at Walgreen's...they thru in a mascara...(too wet)...for free. I think I'll try a lipstick....

Hi Pinky, I went down and got the Walnut Pearl eye shadow, I really like it, goes on nicely and stay put all day. I tried the white eye liner too but I think that it is maybe something better suited for you younger ladies, just made me look like I had some kinda weird eye disease
icon_lol.gif
, I'm going to sharpen it down some and give it to my 17 year old, she is at the age where just about anything looks good on her.

I have a lipstick from prescriptives, in the y/o yellow/orange category that works really well for me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Bye for now y'all!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back