Question of the day-July 20th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought that having a "question of the day" thread might be fun. Can be a beauty-related question or not. Just whatever question pops into the mind of whoever posts the question of the day. What do ya'll think?

OK well I'll just assume everyone loves this idea and post our first MUT Question Of The Day! And since I am still half asleep, it'll be a makeup question cause I can't think of much else right now.
rolleyes.gif

Of all the foundations you have tried so far, which is your favorite?

OK ladies.... answer away!

My answer is Maybelline EverFresh.
smile.gif

This is a great idea and a great first question. I'm still looking for the best foundation. I like Diorskin Pure Light foundation so far. The lines I still want to try are Becca, Stila, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Neutrogena etc. It's a never ending wish list.
icon_smile.gif
I've used Chanel compact foundation before and I really like it. Just haven't tried the liquid ones.

Originally Posted by MysticWolf I thought that having a "question of the day" thread might be fun. Can be a beauty-related question or not. Just whatever question pops into the mind of whoever posts the question of the day. What do ya'll think?
OK well I'll just assume everyone loves this idea and post our first MUT Question Of The Day! And since I am still half asleep, it'll be a makeup question cause I can't think of much else right now.
rolleyes.gif

Of all the foundations you have tried so far, which is your favorite?

OK ladies.... answer away!

My answer is Maybelline EverFresh.
smile.gif

Powder foundation-Jane Iredale Amazing baseCream- Vincent Longo Water Canvas cream to powder

Tinted moisturizer-Laura Mericer

I think that covers it
wink.gif

I recently started using Cover Girl TruBlend and I really like it, it's one of the foundations that is supposed to have skin matching pigments, it has a soft powdery finish and I'm finding that it seems to work well for oil control too. I also tried L'Oreal true match, maybe it's just me but it feels like I am putting Elmers glue on my face when I use it, didn't blend very well. I think they are still giving away free samples of the Cover Girl Trublend.CoverGirl Sample

Great idea - I love a good question of the day!!! Let's keep it up!

(I don't have much to say about foundation because I don't often use it. I've got decently clear skin, and I've used a few different kinds on special occasions, but nothing regularly. I'd go for a tinted moisturizer, though, if I had to choose. Avon, perhaps.
smile.gif
)

Q: Name a memory that you have of when you were a kid.

Mine is selling rocks from door to door. One day my brother and I collected several round rocks, brought them inside and painted faces on them. Then we put them all in a red wagon and sold them door to door! And my brother said no one would want our rocks. We made at least 5 bucks and then went and blew it on candy! I think people bought them to get us away from their doors. Hahah.

Cali's rock art --->
200abc.jpg
$2.00/tax

Ok, I am trying to keep this thread fresh. Anyone want to answer the new question of the day?

icon3.gif
NEW Question of the Day

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Q: Name a memory that you have of when you were a kid.

Mine is selling rocks from door to door. One day my brother and I collected several round rocks, brought them inside and painted faces on them. Then we put them all in a red wagon and sold them door to door! And my brother said no one would want our rocks. We made at least 5 bucks and then went and blew it on candy! I think people bought them to get us away from their doors. Hahah.

Cali's rock art --->
200abc.jpg
$2.00/tax

<!-- / message -->

I just bought Neutrogena's Skin Clearing oil-free foundation yesterday -- says it contains salicylic acid, to treat blemishes. I'm going to try it out for a week, see if I see a difference and then post a review.

When I think of my childhood I think of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into 4 triangles. IT's my comfort food!!

Originally Posted by Californian Q: Name a memory that you have of when you were a kid.

Cali's rock art --->
200abc.jpg
$2.00/tax

Going to a place in So.Cal called Seaside Lagoon..It's an inclosed saltwater swimming area with a fountain and diving boards it's own little inclosed beach with play ground..I used to spend every summer there till I was about 11 and we moved to Orange County

Originally Posted by shoediva When I think of my childhood I think of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into 4 triangles. IT's my comfort food!! Ok, but ...1) crust or no crust?

2) plain or crunchy peanut butter?

3) white or wheat?

129banner4.jpg

I always think of one summer at my uncle's house. My mom has a big family (5 brothers and 1 sister; I have countless cousins on my mom's side of the family; especially now that we're all grown up and my cousins are having babies now!) and every summer we get together at this uncle's house. And a looong time ago he had a German Shephard; but he was a vicious dog and nobody could go near him or they'd get bit. So there's little me, two years old, outside all by myself while everyone else was inside. And I was sitting next to the dog, petting him, playing with him. And then I started feeding him grapes. Yes grapes. lol My mom took a picture to prove it.
wink.gif
Everyone swore that dog was mean but he never even growled at me.

It's weird the way I can remember that yet I can't remember something that happened a week ago.....

Crust is fine (my mom always taught me not to waste food , "there are children in Africa who......") Plain PB ( only as I have matured have I appreciated crunchy PB) White Bread! (ditto)

First question: My current favorite foundations are from Becca and from YSL. Becca's Luminous Skin Color for being the perfect base, protection and treatment, and YSL's Teint Mat Purete for coverage and wearability. Second question: Many of my favorite childhood memories involve the farm where I lived as a kid. My parents owned 55 acres in rural Pennsylvania and I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful memories that many kids never have a chance to experience. On our property was a fishing pond, a spring house for water, the barn where our cattle were kept in the winter, fields of corn, woods and lots of fruit trees. We even had a little vinyard! I remember being young (10-11ish) and all alone out by the barn, looking at the house at dusk. It's cold (right before Thanksgiving) and I remember having to tromp home in the twilight, through the fields and over the wood plank that crosses a stream, up towards the barbed-wire fencing that divides the near fields with our back yard. This walk in reality is over 1/2 of a mile long, and by the time I entered the back porch, it was almost dark and I was freezing! But I took my boots off and came into the house through the kitchen, where I was immediately hit with light and warmth. It gave a nice, tingly feeling to my cheeks and nose!

I've COMBO skin and my faves that i've used so far would have to be: Bobbi Brown Oil Free Foundation MAC Studio Tech Lancome Adaptive

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish First question:
My current favorite foundations are from Becca and from YSL. Becca's Luminous Skin Color for being the perfect base, protection and treatment, and YSL's Teint Mat Purete for coverage and wearability.

Second question:

Many of my favorite childhood memories involve the farm where I lived as a kid. My parents owned 55 acres in rural Pennsylvania and I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful memories that many kids never have a chance to experience. On our property was a fishing pond, a spring house for water, the barn where our cattle were kept in the winter, fields of corn, woods and lots of fruit trees. We even had a little vinyard! I remember being young (10-11ish) and all alone out by the barn, looking at the house at dusk. It's cold (right before Thanksgiving) and I remember having to tromp home in the twilight, through the fields and over the wood plank that crosses a stream, up towards the barbed-wire fencing that divides the near fields with our back yard. This walk in reality is over 1/2 of a mile long, and by the time I entered the back porch, it was almost dark and I was freezing! But I took my boots off and came into the house through the kitchen, where I was immediately hit with light and warmth. It gave a nice, tingly feeling to my cheeks and nose!

WOW! This is a true-life poem. Definitely invokes good feelings and warmth!
126banner2.jpg

Thanks!
smile.gif
It's been 20 years since I've lived on that farm, yet I dream about it frequently. It was a very happy place to grow up!

Originally Posted by Californian WOW! This is a true-life poem. Definitely invokes good feelings and warmth!
126banner2.jpg

Latest posts

Back