Quotes from MEN to Boost Your Confidence

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Men Said it: Women-Themed Quotes from Men to Boost Your Confidence

applesline.gif

"True beauty is about confidence. When people look beautiful, they feel good about themselves.†(Collier Strong, world-renowned makeup artist)

“Women place so much stock in footwear, but with so much else to look at, when was the last time you took a gander at a woman's feet? Sneakers and dress shoes have always done us right…†(Jordan Stein, Lifestyle Commentator for men’s site)

“ … And let's face it; men like sports, but they love women.†(Mark Simmons, Sports Commentator)

"Looks are for sex. Character is for love. Think of men -- 99.9 percent don't have pin-up bodies! The women I find beautiful are different from those the guy next door craves. The less I watch television or movies and read magazines, the more attractive I find the women I meet every day. I find certain 35-year-old mothers of three far more sexually attractive now than when they were in their early 20s because they radiate a generous spirit that far outweighs any slight rounding." (internet post)

“The average modern man also prefers curvy Marilyn Monroe-style bodies to skinny women, but says looks are not as important as a sense of humor.†(Research from women’s magazine)

“When I think of talking, it is of course with a woman. For talking at its best being an inspiration, it wants a corresponding divine quality of receptiveness, and where will you find this but in a woman?†(Oliver Wendell Holmes )

“Actually, men just like women period. Age actually has very little to do with anything.†(Shane Chen, via personal internet site).

“I speak from some experience, as a man who has made passes at several girls who wore glasses and even wound up marrying one. Glasses, like small breasts, seem to be one of those things that women automatically assume men find unattractive.†(Charles Taylor, author)

“I’ve never believed that men prefer skinny women. From the conversations I’ve had with men over the years, everyone has his or her type. Some men like slim women, others prefer the more voluptuous build. There really is no right ‘size’. As a man it would be extremely boring to pin yourself down to a particular kind of woman in terms of her figure. In any case, being attractive to the opposite sex means a lot more than the difference between a size 10 and a size 16. One of the most attractive qualities in anyone – man or woman – is self-confidence.†(by “Answer Man†from ivillage.com)

"Looks do matter when it comes to getting to that point of being in love. If you're pretty but you're finding that the men you seek are only interested in "perfection," then you are attracted to the wrong men. Also, women do not seem to be very good at evaluating female beauty. For example, the last memorable woman I saw was in a photograph in our newspaper two days ago. She was the topic of a human interest column. She was out golfing, and got teamed up with a young teenaged boy who gave her a few tips on the game. Anyway, she's 48, and was obviously no Barbie doll, but it was a really nice story, she had great eyes, hair and smile, and I've spent the last couple of days trying to decide whether or not I should try to get in touch with her since the columnist is a friend of a friend. On the flip side, I was at a fancy mall yesterday, full of thin 20-somethings, blondes with makeup and fancy clothes, each more forgettable than the one before her." (internet post)

"I think a man likes to hear that his wife loves him and misses him. Corny as it sounds, if the woman puts a note in his briefcase or calls him up at work just to say how much she's looking forward to making love that night, it can really make a guy's day." (Ronald Goldstein, psychologist and marriage counselor)

"When you love someone, looks are not important at all. I know that a woman's beauty isn't just what she looks like on the outside because a very wise and wonderful woman I know said it best: "I don't love you because you're perfect. You're perfect because I love you." (posted by “Kevin†on a message board)

"Perfection isn't a requirement, but attractiveness is. Physical attractiveness alone doesn't do well in the long term if a woman is boring, self-centered or irresponsible. I am endlessly amazed at how many women think that looking more attractive can be done through a "makeover." If men did these women's makeovers, they would probably try to make women more fun, more relaxed, more casual and in better physical shape." (internet post by captiveshark)

"Everyday I see the stick-women in the gym. They don't break a sweat, and are very easy to ignore. The woman I want to talk to is the one with a flush on her cheeks, the sweat pouring off her and a smile on her face. She is working hard no matter how she looks. More often than not she is a working mother, and she is working on herself for her. When a woman has that confidence, or the courage to work on herself to gain that confidence, it shows." (internet post harley_ridn_monk)

wordwow2.gif
wordwow2.gif
wordwow2.gif

Quote:

99.9 percent don't have pin-up bodies!

HEY Speak for yourself!! LOL

Quote:

“The average modern man also prefers curvy Marilyn Monroe-style bodies to skinny women,

Skinny Rocks

Quote:

“When I think of talking, it is of course with a woman. For talking at its best being an inspiration, it wants a corresponding divine quality of receptiveness, and where will you find this but in a woman?” (Oliver Wendell Holmes )

WHAT? LOL

Quote:

“Actually, men just like women period. Age actually has very little to do with anything.” (Shane Chen, via personal internet site).

DUH!! Dopey comment

Quote:

“I’ve never believed that men prefer skinny women. From the conversations I’ve had with men over the years, everyone has his or her type. Some men like slim women, others prefer the more voluptuous build. There really is no right ‘size’. As a man it would be extremely boring to pin yourself down to a particular kind of woman in terms of her figure. In any case, being attractive to the opposite sex means a lot more than the difference between a size 10 and a size 16. One of the most attractive qualities in anyone – man or woman – is self-confidence.” (by “Answer Man” from ivillage.com)

Fat Person in da' house

Quote:

"I think a man likes to hear that his wife loves him and misses him. Corny as it sounds, if the woman puts a note in his briefcase or calls him up at work just to say how much she's looking forward to making love that night, it can really make a guy's day." (Ronald Goldstein, psychologist and marriage counselor)

Totally TRUE!!!

Quote:

"Everyday I see the stick-women in the gym. They don't break a sweat, and are very easy to ignore. The woman I want to talk to is the one with a flush on her cheeks, the sweat pouring off her and a smile on her face. She is working hard no matter how she looks. More often than not she is a working mother, and she is working on herself for her. When a woman has that confidence, or the courage to work on herself to gain that confidence, it shows." (internet post harley_ridn_monk)

This is TRUE....a real woman

Thanks for you feedback, Mr. T. *@#*(*@@!! LOL. Who let this guy in here? He keeps getting in. I told you gals to close the door!

J/k.

We love ya!

It's guys like the Tone, who make gals like Cal live up to their highest potential...he brings out the yang in all of us...while we keep 'yinning' away...

Ton......you think skinny rocks??? So should I assume that in your world girls with some meat don't??? Thats ok I wont take it as an insult LOL

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH It's guys like the Tone, who make gals like Cal live up to their highest potential...he brings out the yang in all of us...while we keep 'yinning' away...

Originally Posted by shoediva

Ton......you think skinny rocks??? So should I assume that in your world girls with some meat don't??? Thats ok I wont take it as an insult LOL

NO, I look for inner beauty!

Come to think of it, my absolute most favorite, beloved women in this world are not skinny. These women have influenced me in ways and depths that cannot be seen! I guess skinny isn't everything.. it just seems that way because of our culture. I am grateful for this warm thought! Tx.

Latest posts

Back