Rainbow Honey Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my invoice for the May bag yesterday and the Sakura Mother's Day one today. Can't wait to get both! Also my order with my April mystery bag shipped yesterday, so lots of Rainbow Honey goodies coming my way soon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, with the e-mail that Rainbow Honey just sent out about their new collection, I finally succumbed to temptation. I picked up both the April and May mini mystery bags using the ipsy code for a total of $18.95 including shipping! I'm excited!  :smilehappyyes:

Someone asked that and they replied that they are entirely new colors...so yea!!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Whew, I really hope so.  To me, it looked more like I'm the Hero! which I don't want because I don't ~do~ red/white/blue (anti establishment, mannnnnnnnnnn - I'm a rebel) and Cameo 18 in full size, which I already have a mini of.  I'm ordering the full-sized April bag now because I love the rose nectar perfume that much, so I'll have a full-sized bottle of it as well. 

Also, I don't have a mom, so I get to buy for myself on Mother's Day, woohoo! 

I had the same "ugh, patriotic establishment" reaction -- BUT. Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, and Captain America (yes, gung ho soldier -- and then The Winter Soldier happened. Comic book movie about the surveillance state? Mind *blown*). My inner eight-year-old wants it for superhero movie marathons.

Well, regardless if they're the same or not I'll still be happy.  I love their polish SO MUCH.  I just went ahead and bought a full-size of the April Mystery Bag, honestly just for that perfume, lip balm, and the base coat, the Mother's Day special bag, a full-sized bottle of Tessellate (the neon collection's glitter topper) and a full-sized cuticle balm in Summer Juice.  They gave me the I'm the Hero (which I honestly don't want so I'm going to email and see if I could possibly have Candy Mountain instead), and the May Mystery Bag for free!  

Use the Ipsy25 code, since I'm an Ipster, and everything totaled out to around $52 with free shipping!  

I had the same "ugh, patriotic establishment" reaction -- BUT. Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, and Captain America (yes, gung ho soldier -- and then The Winter Soldier happened. Comic book movie about the surveillance state? Mind *blown*). My inner eight-year-old wants it for superhero movie marathons.
Lmao, that was my thought process too.  I was like, "Well..... it would match my Marvel shirt if I do end up getting it twice."  I did go ahead and email them, though, asking if they will replace it with something else.  I think last month they were offering Poffin Party and either All My Stars or Candy Mountain as the free add-on.  

I'm sure there's a ton of us Rainbow Honey girls who initially felt the same way we both did.  

In my email to them I even said... "Yes... I may be 28 years old, but I've still got far too much of my gutterpunk/anti establishment roots embedded inside  of me to wear red/white/blue... even if I AM busy being secretly anti establishment while I take my son to the playground..." (not a direct quote, but you get the idea... lol 

Got my April mystery bag today!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I have a cart loaded up with the Sakura Matsuri mother's day set (for me, not my mom), robot collection minis, sweet talk collection minis, plus the free May bag and I'm the Hero and I'm planning on using the ipsy code. 

Kind of debating whether or not to add Poffin Party in too. Except I kind of like having all minis and the full size just isn't gonna match haha. I really wanted Bubble Beam because I LOVE the color and the Pokemon reference but sadly it's sold out.

if they still have them, their galaxy set is great!!  I was thinking of picking up the black hole one, but other than the brushes(which I can pick up cheap) and a top coat that is very similar to koi pond (which I have), I can dup that look there without getting it.

but the galaxy one is fantastic!!  you get 5 minis - a black, white, blue shimmer, purple shimmer and stardust top coat, plus sponges.  these are mini's - I picked mine up when it was 19.00 + the ipsy coupon

http://www.rainbowhoney.com/collections/16-galaxy-nails/products/galaxy-nails-set

Just to let everyone know, Carolyn (she's so awesome!) at Rainbow Honey got back to me and switched the I'm the hero! out to a different polish for me.  So if you're seriously anti-red/white/blue like I am... go for it.  =)

Gawh, I freaking love this company so much.  

Just to let everyone know, Carolyn (she's so awesome!) at Rainbow Honey got back to me and switched the I'm the hero! out to a different polish for me.  So if you're seriously anti-red/white/blue like I am... go for it.  =)

Gawh, I freaking love this company so much.  
I know - Carolyn is fantastic!!  My cat knocked over my cuticle oil (and I didn't tighten the cap) and it was all gone - the oil was a mini in the march bag.  I emailed them to see if I could purchase a mini   because it wasn't yet on their site.  She sent me - free- a FULL sized oil.

talk about a unexpected gift!!

I know - Carolyn is fantastic!!  My cat knocked over my cuticle oil (and I didn't tighten the cap) and it was all gone - the oil was a mini in the march bag.  I emailed them to see if I could purchase a mini   because it wasn't yet on their site.  She sent me - free- a FULL sized oil.

talk about a unexpected gift!!
Quality and customer-service wise both, I hope they put Julep out of business, lmao!  I still have such a sour note in my mouth over Julep's gloopy and poor-quality polishes.  

My April bag took a long time to get here which I am assuming is due to the sheer number of orders she must have gotten from Ipsy.  I am curious to see how long it takes it on a monthly basis as they are supposed to ship out on the 1st. 

I ordered the May sub, the Mother's Day sub and just placed another $51 (after ipsy promo) order. Please block me from her site!!!

I have julep upgrade and square hue coming which is the rio and a mystery box for signing up for rio. I have no clue where I am going to put it all. My three julep caddies are almost full and the draw that used to hold the juleps is almost full already. I think the MR is gonna put me in rehab. I need to stay off of MUT! Maybe I should start crocheting again but no because I'll be in AC MOORE every other day buying yarn for things I hope to one day make.

I ordered the May sub, the Mother's Day sub and just placed another $51 (after ipsy promo) order. Please block me from her site!!!

I have julep upgrade and square hue coming which is the rio and a mystery box for signing up for rio. I have no clue where I am going to put it all. My three julep caddies are almost full and the draw that used to hold the juleps is almost full already. I think the MR is gonna put me in rehab. I need to stay off of MUT! Maybe I should start crocheting again but no because I'll be in AC MOORE every other day buying yarn for things I hope to one day make.
Rainbow Honey (and all polish in general) > crack

Luckily for me (I mean my wallet) that I only used the Ipsy code for my April mystery bag. 

*cough*  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40107872/

I have two and am considering a third, although that one would probably not contain polish.  I just love these cabinets so much I want a dozen of them, preferably in all different colors!

if they still have them, their galaxy set is great!!  I was thinking of picking up the black hole one, but other than the brushes(which I can pick up cheap) and a top coat that is very similar to koi pond (which I have), I can dup that look there without getting it.

but the galaxy one is fantastic!!  you get 5 minis - a black, white, blue shimmer, purple shimmer and stardust top coat, plus sponges.  these are mini's - I picked mine up when it was 19.00 + the ipsy coupon

http://www.rainbowhoney.com/collections/16-galaxy-nails/products/galaxy-nails-set
I like that one!! And it's cheaper! As I was looking at the picture thinking "I don't know if I could even do that", I see the step by step picture haha.

I like that one!! And it's cheaper! As I was looking at the picture thinking "I don't know if I could even do that", I see the step by step picture haha.
it is so easy - I am a messy nail pollisher and even I am happy with my results.  I think this kit is made for people who do not normally do nail art :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have made the request to RH to make star dust a full size - that is such a great top coat!

*cough*  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40107872/

I have two and am considering a third, although that one would probably not contain polish.  I just love these cabinets so much I want a dozen of them, preferably in all different colors!
Ahhh, helmers....yes. I did consider them but I need to see if they would fit in the space I have the little roller carts in. Right now I have 3 of these carts one for nails, one for make up and one for overflow and misc junk. They fit perfect in the limited space I have around my desk/vanity.

image.jpg

Gah! I need one of those for my bathroom!

Ahhh, helmers....yes. I did consider them but I need to see if they would fit in the space I have the little roller carts in. Right now I have 3 of these carts one for nails, one for make up and one for overflow and misc junk. They fit perfect in the limited space I have around my desk/vanity.

Back