Rainbow Honey Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, ladies, is Lemon Sorbet a true lemony scent, or is it "lemon-adjacent" like I find a lot of lemon-scented things to be? I love lemon scents, but I want it to smell like someone just squeezed a lemon onto me. ;-) That will be the deciding factor on whether a January mini bag would be worth it for me, since (against all odds, apparently) I really only like the green polish out of the three!

So, ladies, is Lemon Sorbet a true lemony scent, or is it "lemon-adjacent" like I find a lot of lemon-scented things to be? I love lemon scents, but I want it to smell like someone just squeezed a lemon onto me. ;-) That will be the deciding factor on whether a January mini bag would be worth it for me, since (against all odds, apparently) I really only like the green polish out of the three!
It's a solid lemon sorbet scent, so, well, it's lemony, but it's not fresh-lemon-squeezed-on-you lemon.  More like lemon-sorbet-melted-on-your-shirt.  And it faded quickly for me, although I *did* put it on top of another scented top coat, so the scents may have canceled each other out.

It's a solid lemon sorbet scent, so, well, it's lemony, but it's not fresh-lemon-squeezed-on-you lemon. More like lemon-sorbet-melted-on-your-shirt.
Solid description! :) I can handle "melted sorbet," it just seems to me like 90% of "lemon things" either end up smelling like cleaning product or like generic sort-of-citrus-with-other-crap-tossed-in. Shame about the polish scent fading, though! Thanks for the input.

Solid description! :) I can handle "melted sorbet," it just seems to me like 90% of "lemon things" either end up smelling like cleaning product or like generic sort-of-citrus-with-other-crap-tossed-in. Shame about the polish scent fading, though! Thanks for the input.
It's actually so nice that I'm bummed it doesn't last.  I plan on buying it in lotion and scented top coat if they release it in that stuff!

To me it smells identical to my Sugar Lemon Squares lotion from Hempz which is my favorite lotion ever. Kinda reminds me of a lemon cookie (those little pkgs of Lance lemon cookies for $1).

Also I love the green there's a lot of subtle sparkle to make it different from other polishes similar in my collection.

I have to say this, the lemon sorbet nailpolish is now my obsession. I love this icy color. Just lovely. The lip scrub reminds me of girl scout cookies - the lemon ones, of course. It is a different scent than the soap, and I think that is because of the sugar in the scrub....

I will be purchasing the full size of the lemon sorbet polish when that comes out.

Apropos of not much, can I ask you ladies for recommendations on how/where to find these good indie polish blog sales I hear about? My Google-fu finds lots of sales, but I just don't know which ones are reputable sellers or whatever. I'd just about kill to find a bottle of Ivy's Kiss!

Apropos of not much, can I ask you ladies for recommendations on how/where to find these good indie polish blog sales I hear about? My Google-fu finds lots of sales, but I just don't know which ones are reputable sellers or whatever. I'd just about kill to find a bottle of Ivy's Kiss!
Most of the time, I go through Facebook groups - there are a lot of sales groups out there. In those groups, a lot of people sell through Pinterest or Storenvy. If you go through Pinterest, most sellers will accept payment as "goods & services" if you cover the PayPal fees, or will invoice you. Storenvy still offers the PayPal, but just moved to using Stripe - another credit card processing service. You should have purchase protection through there, too. 

You can also search Storenvy for particular brands or polishes, but if a seller hasn't converted to Stripe, their polishes won't show up in the search even though they're available in the seller's custom Storenvy store. I normally do a search for a particular brand and then shop through the custom store, since those are generally easier to navigate and show whether or not an item is sold out. (I hope this all makes sense; Storenvy is really screwy with the recent Stripe move!)

Last edited by a moderator:

There's a great Instagram account that posts more Indie sales than I can possibly keep up with each week!

http://instagram.com/indiepolish411/

Edit: Not blog sales, but still a good / dangerous link depending on your pocketbook.   :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently sniffing my fingers because I love the scent of my Nail Honey cuticle oil soooo much... I really wish they'd release more products in that scent!

Has everyone gotten their Feb. shipping notices? I got my email on Saturday, Jan. 31.

I think the Feb. bag is going to be very special. I'm looking forward to getting mine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To me it smells identical to my Sugar Lemon Squares lotion from Hempz which is my favorite lotion ever. Kinda reminds me of a lemon cookie (those little pkgs of Lance lemon cookies for $1).

Also I love the green there's a lot of subtle sparkle to make it different from other polishes similar in my collection.
I love the Lemon lip balm from Jan. I think it's one of the nicest lip balms I have because it's not so sweet. 

My Feburary bag came in the mail today. And yes it is Valentines Day themed in my opinion. I like the colors but don't know if I like the scent.

My Feburary bag came in the mail today. And yes it is Valentines Day themed in my opinion. I like the colors but don't know if I like the scent.
Thanks for updating. I'm glad someone got theirs already. This thread has been so quiet lately!

I'm kind of aggravated! I got the "shipping" email on the 7th but it was a lie. They created the label then but didn't mail. It went to the post office the 11th and left the post office the 12th..in PA. I live on the California coast. I do not think I'm going to see this package any time soon...

Back