Rave for Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just discovered these last month when someone sent me Pink Afterglow in a swap. Then I just swapped for 3 more in Coffee Gleam, Get Cinnamon, and Nude Lustre. I think these are awesome! They give me the shiniest lips ever and the colors are so pretty! They are not sticky at all (I don't like sticky glosses). Coffee's a bit too dark for me, but I can lighten it with another color and it's fine and the other colors are perfect for me! Check these out if you're looking for a new gloss because I think these are my new favorite drugstore lip gloss!

yeah, i love them! i have 2. they're not sticky at all and they're very pigmented. it also has that what you see is what you get color.

They really are nice drugstore lipglosses! Shine That Pink and Glossy Rose are my faves
smile.gif

I really like them too~ Very good for a drugstore gloss... I have 2 of them... but I'm too lazy to get up and check what colors they are! LOL (Light pinks)
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl I wanna try them now! lol. Do they smell though? My nose is really sensitive...I won't wear certain products, especially lip stuff, just because it smells weird
frown.gif
lol. hmmm.... not that i remember
confused.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I just discovered these last month when someone sent me Pink Afterglow in a swap. Then I just swapped for 3 more in Coffee Gleam, Get Cinnamon, and Nude Lustre. I think these are awesome! They give me the shiniest lips ever and the colors are so pretty! They are not sticky at all (I don't like sticky glosses). Coffee's a bit too dark for me, but I can lighten it with another color and it's fine and the other colors are perfect for me! Check these out if you're looking for a new gloss because I think these are my new favorite drugstore lip gloss! the only one of these i have is the light pink one with glitter. goes on clear but i do like the gloss i don't use it as much as i should.

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl I wanna try them now! lol. Do they smell though? My nose is really sensitive...I won't wear certain products, especially lip stuff, just because it smells weird
frown.gif
lol. definitely not!

These are amazing lipglosses. I bought one last year before prom in Pink Afterglow. I'm totally in love with this gloss. And I will end up buying the whole collection probably.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 They give me the shiniest lips ever and the colors are so pretty! They are not sticky at all (I don't like sticky glosses). OMG, these sound like they'd be PERFECT for me.. I'm on a mission to try a few of these now
biggrin.gif

I love thise glosses too. I have a few of them ,I need to go see if they have some new colors.
icon_smile.gif
Originally Posted by bonbon412 I just discovered these last month when someone sent me Pink Afterglow in a swap. Then I just swapped for 3 more in Coffee Gleam, Get Cinnamon, and Nude Lustre. I think these are awesome! They give me the shiniest lips ever and the colors are so pretty! They are not sticky at all (I don't like sticky glosses). Coffee's a bit too dark for me, but I can lighten it with another color and it's fine and the other colors are perfect for me! Check these out if you're looking for a new gloss because I think these are my new favorite drugstore lip gloss!

Originally Posted by helethea i just need one. is revlon or chanel glossimer lip gloss better? Well I've never tried Chanel Glossimer before, but they are really expensive so if price is a concern for you, then I'd try out the Revlon just because it's like $6-7 whereas the glossimer is something like $30 right? I don't like sticky glosses (like MAC lipglass) so the Revlon Superlustrous along with Bourjois Effet 3D are my 2 favorite glosses right now. Clinique and UD lip gunk are close behind though! I think the Glossimers are kinda sticky so I probably wouldn't go for them. I could be wrong though!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme They really are nice drugstore lipglosses! Shine That Pink and Glossy Rose are my faves
smile.gif
These are my favs, too! Plus, Toast to Shine. Perfect shimmery pale gloss to pair with smokey eyes.

I would definitely go for Chanel Glossimer if it was between them, though. Glossimers are just the perfect gloss (no smell at all, smooth, rich but non-sticky gel-like texture, amazing colours, radiant shine/shimmer, long-lasting).

Originally Posted by helethea ive got a glossimer in praline n love it to bits. i find it moisturising. not sticky. now need a color thats more baby peach pink. loreal was a 3rd option though. second consideration is stila mango. so wondering which is better. Maybe try Lancome Star Gloss in Corail.

Originally Posted by helethea thanks violet! another qn, is corail something like the light peach-pink i wanted? I have only seen a pic of someone wearing it but it looks like a light peach-pink. It's non-shimmery. I like Clinique Angel Pink l/g for one with shimmer (Clinique glosses aren't sticky). I'm wearing this one today.

I love these as well. I have the one in glossy rose. Defenetly fabalous. Well pigmented and very glossy and not as sticky as Mac. And has some taste. I am getting some more.

Originally Posted by Samie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, I think those are great for the price. Especially you an't beat BOGOF. I want to collect them all. I love Nude Lustre particularly. I saw a package with a lip gloss and nail polish which is sold for 9.99 at CVS. It is great.
biggrin.gif

Ditto!

I love these! I only have one, but I definitely plan on getting more! I'm a lipgloss person, so these I can never have too many of! LOL!

wow, i think i will try these next they are on sale. How do these compare to Milani glosses as far as shine, staying power, stickyness or lack of stickyness, and pigmentation go?

I like Revlon SL glosses better than brand name ones, just because the colors are just as good (if not better in many cases), the texture is awesome (not sticky and goopy), and the price can't be beat. Plus they've added SPF 15, so they're pretty much perfect now. My fave colors are Pearl Plum, Glossy Rose, and Sparkling Champagne to go over my lip/cheek stain (since it's sheer with tons of gold sparkle).

Latest posts

Back