recipe for cooling cucumber chamomile peel off face mask

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
makes one treatment. small cucumber, peeled and seeded 1/2 c chamomile tea, steeped and strained 1 packet unflavored gelatin 1T aloe vera gel puree cucumber until smooth. strain. reserve juice, discard puree. melt gelatin in tea over low heat. pour into bowl. add cucumber juice and aloe gel. refirigerate for 25 min or until thickened. apply. allow to dry for 20 min. peel off. this mask works just as well without aloe gel, which i didnt have on hand the first time i made it. the mask has a squidgy texture, and its entirely too much fun to peel it off!

Originally Posted by haloinrverse makes one treatment. small cucumber, peeled and seeded 1/2 c chamomile tea, steeped and strained 1 packet unflavored gelatin 1T aloe vera gel puree cucumber until smooth. strain. reserve juice, discard puree melt gelatin in tea over low heat. pour unto bowl. add cucumber juice and aloe gel. refirigerate for 25 min or until thickened. apply. allow to dry for 20 min. peel off. this mask works just as well without aloe gel, which i didnt have on hand the first time i made it. the mask has a squidgy texture, and its entirely too much fun to peel it off! How very cool!!Thanks Halo

youre very welcome.
smile.gif
this mask is especially fun, because its not the standard smoosh-strawberries-with-oats home made mask. plus, it doesnt fall off of your face when it starts to dry!

its not supposed to keep for long, but i dont see any problems with doubling the batch, throwing it in the fridge, and using the rest the next day. its the sort of mask you could do every day if you wanted.

Back