Quantcast

Recipe for the perfect centerfold lips?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Okay guys, what is the recipe for those super sexy sultry Playboy lips?? *blush*

You know the look- a frosty or shimmer peachy-pink lipstick with lipgloss and liner.

I'm not having much luck figuring it out. Everything I choose seems to berry-pink. I'm sick of wasting precious makeup $$ on a bunch of wrong combos!

TIA!

Reaction score
You might want to look at something other than the Playboy l/s depending on your coloring - I've got light, neutral skin with dark brown hair and dark hazel eyes, and Bunny Pink definitely did not give me sultry sex-pot lips. Instead it was a medium frosty cool pink. I'd be interested in hearing others recs though.

Reaction score
All the pictures of models that Alexis Vogel does - has that look... I guess since she also does Pam Andersen's makeup... www.alexisvogel.com check out her lip liners and lip glosses

Reaction score
Just a side note...I've never used any of her stuff, but if Vogel's got good "Playboy lips" products it's probably because her father was a big-time nude photographer for years.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by envymi Just a side note...I've never used any of her stuff, but if Vogel's got good "Playboy lips" products it's probably because her father was a big-time nude photographer for years. There ya go!! LOL
I haven't used any of her stuff either, but I got her tip dvd, and a catalog of products... and I love the models' lips... the color is that light pink Pammy looking lips... love em'... But she never says which lip products it is that get the look!

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
I know the trick.. I call it the "Raiderette" lip, since the girl who taught me was a Raiderette herself.. and my boss! Wow.. what a job!

She said you can do this lip with basically any shade, the trick is the highlighting. First we used Benefit's Lip Plump primer as a base. We waited for that to dry about 3 minutes, then lined our lips with Benefit's Lush liner, which is a med. plum brown, we blended it in the lip like a lipstick with the blending sponge that come on the end of the liners.

We put Benefit Kiss Me gloss, which is a very sheer pink, lightly on top with a brush, not the applicator that comes with the gloss. We rolled the gloss out on our fingers first, then took a lip brush and applied.

The big secret is applying a gold lipstick on TOP of the gloss with a brush. We used Benefit's Galore , which is a pale gold, right in the middle of the bottom lip and a bit on the top lip. You can use MAC Tanarama for this trick too.

It's a really nice lip, and basically that trick is putting the highlight color on top of the gloss. Works like a charm!

Reaction score
Ooh thanks for those tips Scarlette. I dont own any BeneFit products but i'll try and re-create this look with other products i have!

Latest posts