Recipe for the perfect centerfold lips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay guys, what is the recipe for those super sexy sultry Playboy lips?? *blush*
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You know the look- a frosty or shimmer peachy-pink lipstick with lipgloss and liner.

I'm not having much luck figuring it out. Everything I choose seems to berry-pink. I'm sick of wasting precious makeup $$ on a bunch of wrong combos!

TIA!

You might want to look at something other than the Playboy l/s depending on your coloring - I've got light, neutral skin with dark brown hair and dark hazel eyes, and Bunny Pink definitely did not give me sultry sex-pot lips. Instead it was a medium frosty cool pink. I'd be interested in hearing others recs though.

All the pictures of models that Alexis Vogel does - has that look... I guess since she also does Pam Andersen's makeup... www.alexisvogel.com check out her lip liners and lip glosses
smile.gif

Just a side note...I've never used any of her stuff, but if Vogel's got good "Playboy lips" products it's probably because her father was a big-time nude photographer for years.

Originally Posted by envymi Just a side note...I've never used any of her stuff, but if Vogel's got good "Playboy lips" products it's probably because her father was a big-time nude photographer for years. There ya go!! LOL
icon_lol.gif
I haven't used any of her stuff either, but I got her tip dvd, and a catalog of products... and I love the models' lips... the color is that light pink Pammy looking lips... love em'... But she never says which lip products it is that get the look!
icon_rolleyes.gif

I know the trick.. I call it the "Raiderette" lip, since the girl who taught me was a Raiderette herself.. and my boss! Wow.. what a job!

She said you can do this lip with basically any shade, the trick is the highlighting. First we used Benefit's Lip Plump primer as a base. We waited for that to dry about 3 minutes, then lined our lips with Benefit's Lush liner, which is a med. plum brown, we blended it in the lip like a lipstick with the blending sponge that come on the end of the liners.

We put Benefit Kiss Me gloss, which is a very sheer pink, lightly on top with a brush, not the applicator that comes with the gloss. We rolled the gloss out on our fingers first, then took a lip brush and applied.

The big secret is applying a gold lipstick on TOP of the gloss with a brush. We used Benefit's Galore , which is a pale gold, right in the middle of the bottom lip and a bit on the top lip. You can use MAC Tanarama for this trick too.

It's a really nice lip, and basically that trick is putting the highlight color on top of the gloss. Works like a charm!

Ooh thanks for those tips Scarlette. I dont own any BeneFit products but i'll try and re-create this look with other products i have!

Latest posts

Back