Recs for a chocolate lotion?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
do you have any recs for choc lotions? etailer recs are ok. so far ive tried some MMU lotions, and a few others from now defunct etailers. i cant seem to find one that doesnt have a fake plasticy artificial smell. im looking for something with a really natural and true chocolate smell.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse do you have any recs for choc lotions? etailer recs are ok. so far ive tried some MMU lotions, and a few others from now defunct etailers. i cant seem to find one that doesnt have a fake plasticy artificial smell. im looking for something with a really natural and true chocolate smell. Oh let's see here
smile.gif

Brown Bag Bath & Beauty (a.k.a. Bath Nation) as a Chocolate Mousse scent that is pretty true to life. They sell on ebay under bathnation, but their website www.bathnation.com is still under construction. Runs about $4.00 on Ebay.

As for seriously true to life.. and very very rich... Serendipity 3's Frrrozen Hot Chocolate is heaven in a bottle. There is the bath gel to go with it as well. You used to be able to get them both at www.sugardaisy.com for about $12-$15/piece... but I don't see the lotion now.

www.beautyofasite.com has a trio of Serendipity 3's Frrrozen Hot Chocolate products for $35 (lotion, bath gel, and foot cream)

If you're a huge fan of chocolate, I'd go with that.. but it is fairly strong... but intoxicating
smile.gif

hey glossaddict,

thanks for those recs.
smile.gif
ive heard the frrrozen hot choc lotion mentioned elsewhere, i think i really need to try it out now!

im planning an order in the next month or so, so ill lyk if i need help looking for anything. thanks for offering!

I have to agree about the Serendipity 3's Frrrozen Hot Chocolate Body Icing - it truly smells just like Hot Cocoa!!! You can also get it directly from Serendipity, both at their NY store (it's worth a visit sometime - they've been around for years, and serve heavenly treats!), and at their website: http://www.serendipity3.com/ (just for fun) and then click on "Shopping" and it will take you to: http://www.cosmeticmall.com/serendipity3 The body icing is their lotion, and is $12.50 at the website. If I could find a little container, I'd send you a sample so you could try it out...I'll see if I can find something to put it in. You can also check out their wide assortment of other products...yummy!!!

hey julia, that would be awesome, but dont go out of your way just for me, ok? im visiting friends and family on the east coast in august, and ill hopefully make it to manhattan. i *need* to go to the mac pro store! i think ill just die if i dont. lol. sigh. now i definitely need to try it. darn you all! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey pixy_styx!

You're the bath & body expert at that other site aren't you? Love your notepad there btw!

Originally Posted by pixy_styx Hi there!
I would highly reccomend trying Bella Lucce's Chocolate Decadence lotion. It's super yummy, no artificial or sour drydown like some chocolate scents tend to do. Her stuff is somewhat expensive, but very well worth the money.

http://www.bellalucce.com

Hope this helps some!
smile.gif

~ Jess

Just an add-on:

I was at Bath and Body Works last weekend, and I saw they have a "kids" line of different soaps, shampoos, etc. Included was a Chocolate-scented lotion that smelled akin to Serendipity's. It was cheap, too - $7!

Oh, and I managed to smell a bottle of Suave's Cocoa Butter body lotion, for under $3. That smells great, as well, but the chocolate scent fades before too long. I think my husband would prefer the Suave one, for that reason. He doesn't like the strong smell of the other kinds.
smile.gif
Plus, Cocoa Butter is good for ya!
wink.gif

ok, ill add bella lucce to the list of things to check out! thanks.
smile.gif
ill definitely swing by BBW next time im at the mall.

Welcome to MuT lciaravi!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lciaravi Thanks for posting the link to Bella Lucce. The lotion sounds wonderful!

Originally Posted by lciaravi Thanks for posting the link to Bella Lucce. The lotion sounds wonderful! I recognise this name from MUA!!! Are u the same Iciaravi?? Welcome to MuT anyway
smile.gif

Hi, Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am the mua "lciaravi" as well. This looks like another fun place to chat and discuss mu. Take care, Linda

We're glad you found us, lciaravi! MuT is quite a friendly place!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lciaravi Hi,Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am the mua "lciaravi" as well.

This looks like another fun place to chat and discuss mu.

Take care,

Linda

My favorite is Bite Me from Mixed Emotions - not plasticy at all - it is actually a thick cream. Serendipity 3 makes a lotion in a pump with a thinner consistency but it has shimmer in it.

Can you return and edit your message, it's all messed up

Originally Posted by chocolateteapot

Hi
I'm starting a business in the ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">UK
tongue.gif
lace> selling chocolate related products. Can anyone point me towards the Mixed Emotions web site? Also any other recommendations for non-edible chocolate/vanilla/coffee/nut (that type of thing) products with authentic smells would be gratefully received.ffice
redface.gif
ffice" />>
tongue.gif
>

>
tongue.gif
>

By the way, I've sampled the Bella Lucce products and will be stocking them and they're excellent, much better than anything we get in this country. The silk bath bombs are sublime, the moisturiser smells like chocolate ice cream and the sugar scrub literally melts into your skin.>
tongue.gif
>

//www.makeuptalk.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif>

Emma

www.chocolateteapot.net

kkk, thanks Halo!

take care
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse

i got it, tony. it just looks like some broken smiley commands got worked into a bit of text.

Latest posts

Back