Recs for banana scented products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
please rec banana scented anything, from candles to lotion to shampoo.....preferably drug store or B&M store.

so far i know of:

philou banana shampoo & conditioner

burts bees banana hand cream

MMU banana scents

soap quarry banana rum

lush gumback express

lush banana moon soap

TBS banana sampoo and conditioner

the philou products were kinda gross smelling, i dont care for MMUs banana scents, soap quarry is no longer, and burts bees is on my list of stuff to get. i know of yankees banana candle scents.....anything else?
smile.gif
maybe a kiddie shampoo or something?

im basically looking for anything with a pronounced banana scent. its ok if its completely artificial smelling, so long as it smells good.

The Body Shop do a really nice and moisturising banana shampoo (even i use it and i have an oily scalp) Also don't forget the wonderful Lush and all the banana products they have: Banana Moon soap, Little Monkey Bubble Bar Slice and Gumback Express Exfoliating Shower Smoothie! I love banana's so much that i just can't stop looking for banana products, and the best thing is that not only do they smell nice but they are excellent for the skin!

i knew i had tried more products, but couldnt remember off hand. ive tried banana moon, TBS banana shampoo, and gumback express.
smile.gif
ill have to add that to my OP. little monkey bubble bar sounds really good, tho. ive never tried their bubble bars.

aha! thanks.
smile.gif
i never go to BBW, but i need to make a trip to check out a choc lotion that was recd, and now this.

I love the smell of banana products to, it smells lovely. I always used to love a shampoo that smelled of apples. I think it was called Apple Shampoo in a green bottle. I don't think it is made anymore.

i just got rusk green tea and alfalfa shampoo (its for fine hair. i have thick hair and it doesnt make it poofy. no comment on if it really would bodify fine hair) and it smells just like real, green bananas.

I like the banana yankee candles... smell so good. I also tried Swiss Ives Banana shampoo & conditioner... - Hey candy... I saw "Apple Pectin" in the stores out here, smells like Apples and is in a green bottle (Suave's apple is another) is that like the one you used?

Thanks NYAngel, I reckone the Apple Pectin in the green bottle could be the very shampoo! I must do a search and see if it is still around over here in the UK. Thanks!

Thanks NYAngel! I will check out these links, asap and even better they ship internationally,that's greatxXx

Dolce and Gabbana feminine perfume has undernotes of banana in it. It is a great perfume, but if you're looking for something that smells like pure banana then this isn't for you.

Hiya - I just received a sample of Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanille Banane and it's pretty! It's a nice balance of vanilla, banana and what seems to be a touch of rum.

Direct from the French West Indies, Vanille Banane unfolds with the freshness of green banana leaf and the distinct, mellow sweetness of the banana fruit mixed with cream and paired with bittersweet orange, subtle clove and topped off with a shot of white rum. Top Notes: Orange, Banana Cream Middle notes: Banana Leaf, Clove Bottom notes: Vanilla Pod, White Rum Available in 50ml & 100ml View other new fragrances.

Vanille Banane

thanks for posting.
smile.gif
ive actually tried it. fragrances are so "ymmv." i couldnt smell the banana one little bit, which was disappointing.
frown.gif
all i got was straight vanilla. i do love CSP vanille ambre. im pretty picky about amber scents (im about to test drive jo malone amber/lavendar) but i love vanille ambre. you should definitely check it out if you like vanilla. it smells warm and toasty, like county fair food, and isnt too sweet. if only it came in a smaller bottle like the others. its $150 USD.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Hiya - I just received a sample of Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanille Banane and it's pretty! It's a nice balance of vanilla, banana and what seems to be a touch of rum.
Direct from the French West Indies, Vanille Banane unfolds with the freshness of green banana leaf and the distinct, mellow sweetness of the banana fruit mixed with cream and paired with bittersweet orange, subtle clove and topped off with a shot of white rum. Top Notes: Orange, Banana Cream Middle notes: Banana Leaf, Clove Bottom notes: Vanilla Pod, White Rum Available in 50ml & 100ml View other new fragrances.

Vanille Banane

Hey girl,

I did receive a sample of the vanille ambre and it's very nice, though I love amber in all it's glory! My favorite amber is Bagutta Life's Patchouly, which is a strong knock-down amber and patchouly oil blend. Mmmmm!!!!

I also love Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille better for a woodsy vanilla. Beautiful!

Originally Posted by haloinrverse thanks for posting.
smile.gif
ive actually tried it. fragrances are so "ymmv." i couldnt smell the banana one little bit, which was disappointing.
frown.gif
all i got was straight vanilla. i do love CSP vanille ambre. im pretty picky about amber scents (im about to test drive jo malone amber/lavendar) but i love vanille ambre. you should definitely check it out if you like vanilla. it smells warm and toasty, like county fair food, and isnt too sweet. if only it came in a smaller bottle like the others. its $150 USD.

i just got a bit more vanille ambre in a swap yesterday, and im in heaven. ive wanted it for about 2 years. i think its time to just break down and buy it, right?

amber and patchouli sound like one strong combo, but i guess you never know until you test something. i hated patchouli for a long time because there are so many cheap and bad versions out there.

SL bois vanille has been on my WL for a long time too. will you tell me more about it?

Maybe the vanille ambre could be a gift this holiday season?
icon_biggrin.gif

SL's Un Bois Vanille is not a sugary vanilla. It's more like a spicy warm woodsy vanilla. Compared to CSP Vanille Ambre, SL's vanilla is less sweet and well balanced with cedarwood and licorice - it's got bite! But it's bite is warm and creamy and not like harsh at all. A similar bite like that of L'Artisan's Vanilia but more sweet. Since you like the amber base of CSPs Vanille Ambre, which gives their very very sweet vanilla some tooth, you might like this too. Or L'Artisan's Vanilia.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse i just got a bit more vanille ambre in a swap yesterday, and im in heaven. ive wanted it for about 2 years. i think its time to just break down and buy it, right?
amber and patchouli sound like one strong combo, but i guess you never know until you test something. i hated patchouli for a long time because there are so many cheap and bad versions out there.

SL bois vanille has been on my WL for a long time too. will you tell me more about it?

ahh, darn you, now i really have to have bois un vanille. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BF and i decided that were keeping the gifts to $50 this year because were finally going to get some new furniture. maybe i should suggest it to him and he can go halfsies with my mom.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Maybe the vanille ambre could be a gift this holiday season?
icon_biggrin.gif

SL's Un Bois Vanille is not a sugary vanilla. It's more like a spicy warm woodsy vanilla. Compared to CSP Vanille Ambre, SL's vanilla is less sweet and well balanced with cedarwood and licorice - it's got bite! But it's bite is warm and creamy and not like harsh at all. A similar bite like that of L'Artisan's Vanilia but more sweet. Since you like the amber base of CSPs Vanille Ambre, which gives their very very sweet vanilla some tooth, you might like this too. Or L'Artisan's Vanilia.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back