Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who jumped in! I have gotten the email to pay and then shipments said will be sent out soon! I am really excited but think a lot of others will get boxes before me because I will be out of town:( Ill post pictures when I get back !

I haven't gotten the email to pay yet. I hope she didn't forget about me :/ I will be out of town too. I'm going to try to not look at this thread lol

I always say I'm never gonna take a look in the threads but I can't help myself:) indeed some self control! I'm sure your email is coming she was doing in one by one and a few of my friends just got the email! Did you see all those fun sunglasses:) I want them all!

I always say I'm never gonna take a look in the threads but I can't help myself:) indeed some self control! I'm sure your email is coming she was doing in one by one and a few of my friends just got the email! Did you see all those fun sunglasses:) I want them all!
Yeah I did. I just hope they're real. I love me some Betsy Johnson and have some glasses from her already, so I hope I get some more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I too jumped in and joined/paid. She sounds like a really nice lady trying hard to do things right. Limmiting #'s, payments by Paypal are just a few things I liked.

She sent personal emails, and then sent me a FaceBook message asking if I had any questions.

I'm a box-junkie also and I like trying new subs....sometimes first boxes are GREAT...

Originally Posted by hrseangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too jumped in and joined/paid. She sounds like a really nice lady trying hard to do things right. Limmiting #'s, payments by Paypal are just a few things I liked.

She sent personal emails, and then sent me a FaceBook message asking if I had any questions.

I'm a box-junkie also and I like trying new subs....sometimes first boxes are GREAT...
I also signed up this way too.  I was really impressed with the personal touches.  Can't wait to see the first box!

Dior - I wasn't attacking you, and number of posts has no effect on who you might know within the community, anyway...

I am very hesitant to subscribe to any box that appears to be home-operated or mostly home-operated. I am not saying that Red Carpet Box has any reason to be suspect, but after the run of recent scams, my money is not going anywhere without a reputable backing for any company.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dior - I wasn't attacking you, and number of posts has no effect on who you might know within the community, anyway...

I am very hesitant to subscribe to any box that appears to be home-operated or mostly home-operated. I am not saying that Red Carpet Box has any reason to be suspect, but after the run of recent scams, my money is not going anywhere without a reputable backing for any company.
I am also hesitant to subscribe to new boxes but I made an exception to this one because it was a one time payment through paypal.  At least paypal offers a bit of protection & we don't have to give out credit card numbers.  I figure if it's awful I will not order again.

Oh !!! Lucky duck:) I think my luck has ran out this week because I'm last shipped for everything. I just now got glossybox has been shipped! But yay how exciting:) I am so happy that the boxes will be out and on the way! I can't wait to see the boxes! I am gonna try so hard not to keep peaking but it's so hard not to:) I think I saw this morning there was only a few slots left! But I am way to excited!!!

In my box was:

1. A full size Stila lip shine in Georgina, I actually like it, it's a brick-ish red, great for fall.

2. A pair of Big Buddha sunglasses. I was hoping for a Betsey Johnson pair, but I actually like these and will wear them.

3. A Borghese nail lacquer in Toscano Nude. Plain, but nude polishes are in, so I'll try it.

4. An Avon Feeling Fine Ultra Thin Eye Liner in Cobalt Jewel. I don't normally wear eyeliner besides my everyday black liquid, but it's a good one and a good winter color, worth trying.

5. A pair of QVC earrings. I do not like them at all, but I am particular about earrings. Will be one of my friends gain. They are very Brighton looking. Antique Gold with a green bead surrounded by rhinestones.
Check the spoiler for the contents of my box. Overall, I liked the items, but I don't know if I would do this monthly or even quarterly. I am attaching pictures as well, but I don't know how to hide those, sorry if anyone doesn't want to be surprised. I am new to this and can't figure out how to hide those. The item I liked most was the Stila lipshine, but it's a night out color, so I won't wear it very often. Everything else for me was just okay, nothing too exciting. I don't want to trash the box because I know Patty has worked hard, but I can't justify the cost based on these items.  

I was skeptical at first as well since I'm very frugal!! I LOVE my box!! I Googled and found the lip gloss stick is $12 at lowest price, my glasses were $50, earrings were tagged at $80 - found for $30, Avon eyeliner $6 and nailpolish $7. I give it an overall great value!! I'd post a pic but I'm new!! Look it up on Facebook. Facebook.com/berkscountycouponing (yes, I'm that frugal! So trust me I know a deal!!)

Nicoli - those earrings are so beautiful! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I agree -- just not worth the cost.

Also, are these items just being purchased and sent out, or is she actually working with suppliers from the creators of the products?

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, are these items just being purchased and sent out, or is she actually working with suppliers from the creators of the products?
I would love to know this as well. It looks like a genuine attempt, but I don't think I'm interested if the items are just purchased from ebay lots or wholesalers. Not saying they are, but I would be interested to know more about where she's getting her products, particularly if the above post is accurate. The owner does seem really nice, and I appreciate that she's not taking too much on before she's established. I wish her luck, and hope everyone's happy with their boxes.

I was wondering the same thing. It's not that I'm unhappy with the box, it's just that it's not the right fit for me. I have 7 sub services including this one and I just know I can't afford to keep them all. This is my first month with all of them and I'd like to bring my number down to 4 subscriptions monthly. The only item I really see myself using is the stila lipstick and the cost isn't justified with just that. I can get almost three of my other boxes for the same price. I know she's worked her tail off but when I get my birchbox two days before and it's $10 and I'm happier with it, I have to decide that it's not right for me.

Back