Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6298303_orig.jpg

Above is everything I got; 3 cosmetics and 2 accessories; "$80 QVC earrings", Big Buddha Sunglasses, Borghese Nail Lacquer, Stila mascara and Avon eyeliner. Not that bad until you take a closer look to each individual item: 
709344.jpg

Disappointment #1: The Earrings
1. The earrings don't fit in the box which means it didn't originally came with it.

2. The earrings don't have a back piece. All earrings that I have bought have had a back piece to show they are new.

3. The earrings are made of pure plastic, the kind of plastic kids accessories are made of.

Base on these 3 observations there is no way this earrings are from QVC or are near being $80! I just feel like laughing LOL I can't imagine this earrings being more than $1. 
7239858.jpg

Disappointment #2: Stila Mascara
This is the Stila Multi-Effect Mascara. Before I made a review of this service I wanted to get the original price of every item and the first one I searched for was this one. I was not able to find it at the Stila website and on google only came up reviews from last year. This brought me to the conclusion that this have been discontinued. I  decided to call Stila and they did not only confirmed me that this have been discontinued since May 2010 and that it expired on May 2011. The representative advised me not to use it but that if I do to do it at my own discretion. So this item to me is worth less than nothing because not even for a gift it would be good. This is something that goes in your eye; the most sensitive parts of your face and there is  no excuse to put us at risk from an allergic reaction or something.
8087929.jpg

Disappointment #3: Avon Eyeliner
This is the Avon Feeling Fine Ultra Thin Eye Liner. Base on my discovery about the Stila mascara there was no doubt that I had to check for this eyeliner as well. Once again this was not available at Avon.com. I called them and they confirmed me that this was discontinued in 2009! He told me that it still had 3 years from their discontinued date so that I could still use it for a little while until the 6 months of life after opened passed. I'm not willing to take any risks with this. 
2518300.png

Disappointment #4: Borghese Nail Lacquer
So far non of the items have made up for the $25 this box cost me so I was hoping this nail polish could be worth anything. I have never heard of this brand but base on my search this isn't worth more than $4. Is a cute nude color called "Toscano Nude" but I'm still not happy.
1073173.jpg

The only item actually worth something are this Bid Buddha aviator sunglasses. They retail for about $28 but they have the quality of $10 glasses. I'm going to try to give them use because at the end I still lost my money. 

In conclusion, I recommend Ms. Patricia Martin to improve her services before continuing offering the subscription and I advice everyone who got this box to check the cosmetics for discontinuation and expiration. It is really a pity that I am so disappointed in this box. I don't know if Patty is aware of this problems but as a business person this are things she should have clear before offering products to the public. I won't be ordering a Red Carpet Box or trying any other new services launched on Facebook. I wish Patty and Red Carpet Box good luck!

Originally Posted by lunadust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Her responses on facebook to the review are very defensive. 
They really are! She basically told me I'm breaking the law by sharing my review.

Originally Posted by BBelleza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They really are! She basically told me I'm breaking the law by sharing my review.
Haha there was a lot of other words I wanted to use to describe her last response but I wanted to be nice. This is not the right way to handle a customer complaint.

Oh boy. I just saw her response to you on facebook and it made me even more leery. Definitely going to stay away from this one.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love to know this as well. It looks like a genuine attempt, but I don't think I'm interested if the items are just purchased from ebay lots or wholesalers. Not saying they are, but I would be interested to know more about where she's getting her products, particularly if the above post is accurate. The owner does seem really nice, and I appreciate that she's not taking too much on before she's established. I wish her luck, and hope everyone's happy with their boxes.
Given that products are discontinued (and for so long) she's definitely buying makeup lots from wholesalers or on ebay for really, really cheap. There are other more reputable companies that I have read about including discontinued items in boxes, but those items were not years old rather they were just being taken off the market and and in the process of being discontinued. If you read her whole facebook wall she is constantly being defensive about why she runs her business from her home, why she doesn't have a website, etc. I don't doubt that she is working hard or that a starting a small business in this economy is commendable, but she is still running a business and taking people's money. She should be more careful about the products that she sends out and how she markets the items and the box. It's also funny because she asks (practically begs) people to post positive reviews of her box yet says a negative review is illegal....which it isn't if it's the truth.

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know that I have also been given stuff that expired a year ago! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone to take the new slots! I feel like my entire box has to be thrown away! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh well I always said I would take one chance and thatsmit for me:( not happy. At all! She said I can send it back but at this point I'm just over it! Please do not use your makeup products until you research ur product!!! Mine was the tinted moisturizer!

I had gotten on the newest wait list but I just told her to take me off. I got over 100$ out of my beauty army box & it's one $12 a month. $25 plus shipping & then to find out about the products is just to much. I'd rather stick to the several boxes I get now & maybe add a few other boxes that are cheaper then pay over $30 for things I won't use, like, or may be expired.

Originally Posted by Beautymomma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had gotten on the newest wait list but I just told her to take me off. I got over 100$ out of my beauty army box & it's one $12 a month. $25 plus shipping & then to find out about the products is just to much. I'd rather stick to the several boxes I get now & maybe add a few other boxes that are cheaper then pay over $30 for things I won't use, like, or may be expired.
Top of the page still says free shipping too.

Thats what I thought it was when I first contacted her but now she is saying no. I just told her the products don't suit me this month but I'll stay a fan to see what she comes up with. I didn't want to be mean & I really wanted to write her back after she politely said ok & offer some advice about what women expect of a sub company but I just left it. I got involved in another scam box & I'm not in the mood for all that craziness but I think someone should write her & maye let her know what's up because we all know where this is heading if she keeps this up & doesn't make some changes.

If you guys wanna see what came in my box I just posted my video! All boxes are a little different:( its in my siggy! Just so you can see sizes!

Originally Posted by BBelleza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm no expert on this, but I can see what Patty was trying to say when she said what you were doing was "tortious interference with business". It's a little more complicated than just writing a negative review and posting it on her wall and I don't believe that she would ever be able to drag anybody (nor would it be worth time and money wise) to court over it. She probably should have handled things a little differently though.

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you guys wanna see what came in my box I just posted my video! All boxes are a little different:( its in my siggy! Just so you can see sizes!
Aw, you sound so sad and defeated.

I'd totally take those glasses off your hands, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aww I'm sorry if Sara doesn't respond back by tomorrow I will put you next in line for them! I will pm you if she doesn't grab them:) I saw this after! I can't believe how many ppl like these funky things:)

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aww I'm sorry if Sara doesn't respond back by tomorrow I will put you next in line for them! I will pm you if she doesn't grab them:) I saw this after! I can't believe how many ppl like these funky things:)
Awesome. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know I'm a weirdo, I just love giant sunglasses. I have kind of a wide face, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No your not a weirdo:) I use to love them but I lost 40 lbs and only the Taylor swift style glasses look good on me right now:) I've seen them on someone else with a wider face super cute!

You should post your video on her page so others see it. Although she will probably just delete it like she did the other reviews & threaten a lawsuit which all the gals here know is straight BS I don't know why these new companies threaten lawsuits so fast don't they realize that companies don't sue their customers?? Sounds all to similar to the box monthly that was scamming people a few months ago with the whole ill sue you stuff. SMDH thanks for the reviews ladies you just saved me $32!!!

Oh & she is posting links to amazon to show her products aren't expired... I'm not exactly sure how that proves it but ok.

@beautymomma, were you the one posting comments and trying to hold her accountable and you aren't even her customer..... that made me laugh.  some people have way too much time on their hands.  let the actual customers give input.

Latest posts

Back