Restoring damaged hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! I spent 16 years dying my light brown hair blonde or platinum. I didn’t balance this by taking good care of my hair. As a result I now have hair that grows but no length gets added because it splits at the end. I went back to a more of my natural color in January and have not dyed my hair since.
Any tips on restoring my hair? It is very very fine. It is wavy if I let it air dry. I would love to have it actually grow long. Thanks!!

try to use different home made oil mask + use nutrition for quickly and healthy hair growth
also read about fillers for hair. they really work with damage hair

try this home remedy: combine 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 3 egg whites, then rub the mix into your hair. Keep your hair covered for about a half-hour using plastic wrap or a shower cap, then shampoo and rinse.

with proper hair care and a few targeted treatments, you can help restore the outer cuticle and begin to improve the look and feel of your hair.

Try to get regular trims to remove dry and split ends, and invest in a good hair mask as a hydrated hair is a healthy hair. And in time, it will be back to what it used to be.

For the most part, hair damage is permanent because hair is actually a collection of dead cells, making them beyond repair. The only real cure is time, a pair of shears, and taking steps to prevent new damage. Using products that are designed to nourish the scalp and hair can definitely speed up this process, but on average you'd be looking at six months to a year to fully see a difference in your hair's condition

Latest posts

Back