Revlon eyeglides and Maybelline liquid eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I got a chance to play with both products recently and here's what I think:

Revlon eyeglides:

Creamy shadow that blends somewhat easily and lasts well throughout the day, with some creasing though. The application is through a felt-tipped pen and with a few clicks of the wand, the product flows through the tip and can be directly applied to the eyelid. Eyeglides come in a nice, wearable range of shades with some pretty pastels for fun. Drawbacks: when I layered two shades together, the texture started to feel heavy. And it did crease on me when I did layering, though not when using only one layer. I think this would be great when paired with a dry shadow for a contour color or for highlighting. I tested Champagne and Bronze.

Ease of use: B

Color Selection: A

Durability: B- (lower grade because of the layering issue)

Pigmentation: A

Price: B

Would I recommend: Yes

Maybelline liquid eyes:

This claims to be a long wear, no crease shadow. It's a shadow in liquid to powder form that really does become budge-proof! The application is easy: the liquid shadow is applied with a felt-tip wand and can be blended with fingers or the wand itself. But care is needed to blend the shadow in quickly before it dries. Once applied I can rub the shadow and it pretty much stays on my eyelid. I found no creasing but the shadow is thin and lightweight. It also doesn't have the depth of pigment that Revlon's eyeglides have but still the colors come off nice, but more sheer. There is a decent color selection for liquid eyes and some nice base shade tones, if you want to use these under powder shadows. Drawback: has a strong initial scent, probably an ingredient to dry it quickly. This may irritate some sensitive eyes. I had no problem, though.

Ease of use: A-

Durability: A+

Pigmentation: B-

Price: A

Would I recommend: Yes, though cautioning very sensitive eyes.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Hi everyone! I got a chance to play with both products recently and here's what I think:
Revlon eyeglides:

Creamy shadow that blends somewhat easily and lasts well throughout the day, with some creasing though. The application is through a felt-tipped pen and with a few clicks of the wand, the product flows through the tip and can be directly applied to the eyelid. Eyeglides come in a nice, wearable range of shades with some pretty pastels for fun. Drawbacks: when I layered two shades together, the texture started to feel heavy. And it did crease on me when I did layering, though not when using only one layer. I think this would be great when paired with a dry shadow for a contour color or for highlighting. I tested Champagne and Bronze.

Maybelline liquid eyes:

This claims to be a long wear, no crease shadow. It's a shadow in liquid to powder form that really does become budge-proof! The application is easy: the liquid shadow is applied with a felt-tip wand and can be blended with fingers or the wand itself. But care is needed to blend the shadow in quickly before it dries. Once applied I can rub the shadow and it pretty much stays on my eyelid. I found no creasing but the shadow is thin and lightweight. It also doesn't have the depth of pigment that Revlon's eyeglides have but still the colors come off nice, but more sheer. There is a decent color selection for liquid eyes and some nice base shade tones, if you want to use these under powder shadows. Drawback: has a strong initial scent, probably an ingredient to dry it quickly. This may irritate some sensitive eyes. I had no problem, though.

Kitty..Big eyeglide fan here..Got a trick for you..If you want to use more then 1 at a time,1st make sure you wear an e/s base and 2nd when applying your 2nd shade which you'd usually do in the crease or outer V..Use a reg.sponge tipped applicator..I had the same problem with the creasing a feeling too heavy and this really helped

Thanks the tip allisong! Would an e/s base work differently than something like Almay Amazing Lasting Concealer? Or Touche Eclat? TIA!

Originally Posted by allisong Kitty..Big eyeglide fan here..Got a trick for you..If you want to use more then 1 at a time,1st make sure you wear an e/s base and 2nd when applying your 2nd shade which you'd usually do in the crease or outer V..Use a reg.sponge tipped applicator..I had the same problem with the creasing a feeling too heavy and this really helped

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Thanks the tip allisong! Would an e/s base work differently than something like Almay Amazing Lasting Concealer? Or Touche Eclat? TIA! I use the Almay long lasting foundation for e/s base and none of my eyeshadows ever go anywhere! I love the stuff. It works with creamy or liquid eyeshadows too. Got it at Longs Drugs. Price is right. High end quality.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Thanks the tip allisong! Would an e/s base work differently than something like Almay Amazing Lasting Concealer? Or Touche Eclat? TIA! I find concealers or even Touche to be too emollient.An actual e/s base or even a flesh toned MAC paint like Untitled or Bare canvas dry to a powder like finish..They also deter the oilies you can get midday which a concealer wouldn't do

Is this something you can review in the PRC? (you can copy and paste it if you want) If you already have, then forget me
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

Hi everyone! I got a chance to play with both products recently and here's what I think:
Revlon eyeglides:

Maybelline liquid eyes:

Oh, I will...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Sometimes it's nice to see stuff out here first!

Thanks for reminding me.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Is this something you can review in the PRC? (you can copy and paste it if you want) If you already have, then forget me
icon_redface.gif

Oh yeah, it's all good.

Just wanted to poke at ya!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

Oh, I will...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Sometimes it's nice to see stuff out here first!
Thanks for reminding me.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back