Revlon's Illuminance Creme Shadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried Revlon's Illuminance Creme Shadow? Do they crease? Do they have good pigmentation? I found a LE pallete of 10 colors at CVS, and I really liked the colors but didn't want to waste the money if they are a really poor quality (like the Physician's Formula Mosaic cream shadows, yuk!)

I hate to tell ya, but these SUCK!
frown.gif
Beautiful colors, but they crease like mad. I haven't been able to find one way to wear these without creasing - I've tried them with a base, set with loose powder, set with the same shade e/s, and yet I still have creasing after 10 minutes. So sad, as the colors are beautiful! I wish they'd work for me, but it's just not meant to be...

Same here. Although I could barely get the colors to show up on me! They were so sheer.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the advice! So that's $10 I saved right there! lol

Now we'll just see if I like the new Milani shades I bought today!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Milani is so much better! Or you can try the MOD cosmetics shadows - if you order them online...
www.modcosmetics.com

Drugstore prices, Pro results!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Milani is so much better! I know, but I saw those cream shadows in shades that I can't find in Milani and I really liked the colors!
frown.gif

And Janelle, thanks for the tip about MOD!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Thanks for the advice! So that's $10 I saved right there! lol
Now we'll just see if I like the new Milani shades I bought today!
biggrin.gif

you know you can return used cosmetics to cvs!

I have one of the ten-shade pallettes, and though they look pretty in the pan, they just don't work that well on. They're very sheer and kind of greasy and hard to control the application of, and yes, they crease and slide all around. I can't imagine who's still buying these things, I haven't seen anyone say anything good about them yet!

Originally Posted by Charmaine I didn't know they started doing that too! I remember a long time ago it was only Rite Aid who did that and I couldn't find one near me. yeah, i remember that! most places you buy makeup at, you can return now.

Ok i was gonna post about how they suck but i'm sure you got the message by now! Hope you find other shadows in the particular shades you were looking at

Those containers are so tricky,cause you see these really pretty colors but when you get home your lucky if it even shows up on your skin.I stopped buying drugstore makeup when i was 14,lol

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Those containers are so tricky,cause you see these really pretty colors but when you get home your lucky if it even shows up on your skin.I stopped buying drugstore makeup when i was 14,lol Hey, I'd love to buy a whole collection of MAC but I can't exactly afford it on my graduate student budget!
wink.gif
(And hubby has a low-paying "starter job" so he barely makes more than I do at my teaching assistantship!) Maybe after I graduate and save up money for a while, I can splurge on some nicer mu
wink.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hey, I'd love to buy a whole collection of MAC but I can't exactly afford it on my graduate student budget!
wink.gif
(And hubby has a low-paying "starter job" so he barely makes more than I do at my teaching assistantship!) Maybe after I graduate and save up money for a while, I can splurge on some nicer mu
wink.gif
Don't feel bad about using drugstore makeup - you can find some real gems for cheap!! I started out with drugstore stuff, but once I found MAC, that was my love. However, I still use lots of things from the drugstore. There's nothing wrong with having a mix of stuff - why pay more if the cheaper stuff works? Every line has their hits and misses. It might be a little harder to find the hits at the drugstore, but that's why reviews and makeup message boards are so helpful!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme It might be a little harder to find the hits at the drugstore, but that's why reviews and makeup message boards are so helpful!!
smile.gif
Exactly, that's why I like this site!
wink.gif

I love this stuff! I wear it everyday! I think its called "skinlights" and its the 4 color one or something but it works great for me, never had trouble with creases or greasiness....their great colors to blend and they make you look tan!

Latest posts

Back