SA behavior

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it seems to be a common thread among us human beings lately. lack of patience and civility. sometimes i like to acknowledge when a person is having a bad day. not to be mean, just to bring it to their attention.

I am going back this saturday. I am dreading it. But i want some colors from Belle Azure. So, no choice. If i DO see her, i am not going to say anything, but IF she DOES give my attitude this time, I will make a point of doing something about it then and there. Instead of being surprised like last time. Ya know, i dont get it. If an SA has a bad customer, does that mean take it out on EVERY customer? I know some customers are REALLY rude, treating SA's as if they should be grateful that this nasty customer even exists never mind graced the SA with their presence. Please.... spare me. I just want the same attitude i give returned. Lets see what happens saturday.. deeep breath... why should shopping for COSMETICS be SO HARD??? its only makeup
icon_mad.gif
! WOW!

Generally, just leave me alone. I could care less about the greet, but if it's a really long "Hi, how are you. what are you looking for blahblahblah" then I'd be ticked. I prefer a smile, or just a "hi".

I also would like them to be approachable if I have any questions with zero attitude. Though I don't think this is that hard.

the older i get i understand that energy, especially negative energy, is easily transferred and can poison my mood. don't let her bad attitude get to you. also, don't let someone make you dread something that you love.

thats so very true, Negative energy ruins everything. i will be brining a friend, and i just hope that her attitude was a one time deal..hope, pray, hope!

i'm sure that you'll do great. hey, go for some free stuff for your trouble!

sometimes the personal approach works best when going for freebies. let me know what happens on saturday.

I most definately will. I know its gonna be MAYHEM with the Belle Azure release going on... but, i will report!

From what I've heard, it can take 4-6 weeks for a response from MAC customer service. Don't lose heart---I'm sure they'll reply and hopeful send you some goodies to console you.

Originally Posted by MacForMe
icon_eek.gif
i emailed MAC 2 weeks ago with my story,... not a peep from them..
icon_evil.gif

wow! really! THAT long! its ok, at least i told them I am going saturday so we shall see what happens. I am going with hopes that if SHE is there, she's nice, if shes mean, well, i am gonna ask her why she is taking her bad day out on me!

Originally Posted by MacForMe I understand that its hard for an SA to make their quota, some people dont wanna buy, just want to be nosy. My experience recently at a NJ MAC freestanding store was horrible. I am not sure if i even WANT to go back there. I got YELLED at by an SA! YES.. YELLED AT, all because of a request for an item that was an LE. Basically, it went like this, and i quote " NO! We do NOT have THAT! you should KNOW that was A LIMITED EDITION ITEM" I was floored. My face must have been beet red. She wouldn't even help me find something that was remotely close to the item i was looking for, she said "no, there isn't anything, but you can look if you want", IF I WANT??? How nice.. And this happened after she IGNORED me for almost 10 minutes, too busy yapping on her cell phone, fussing with her hair.. I wish that they weren't so nasty and if they dont know an answer, be honest, just say, I'm sorry, i dont know the answer, but i will find out... I think that it would be great if they introduced themselves and said, please let me assist you when you are ready.. This is horrible! I suggest that you find out who is the manager for that store and then write her a letter about the incident, including the girl's name (and mention that she had her cell phone on the floor, good lord).

It's too easy for an email to get lost if you send it to the general maccosmetics address. Go directly to the source and speak to her boss. That kind of behavior is unacceptable --- it makes me so mad, especially being a MAC SA myself!

Originally Posted by monniej the older i get i understand that energy, especially negative energy, is easily transferred and can poison my mood. don't let her bad attitude get to you. also, don't let someone make you dread something that you love. Yea, on the flip side, this is something I deal with a lot working as a SA. I've come to learn that if a customer yells at me or is rude, it rarely has ANYTHING to do with me personally. Oftentimes, people go shopping when they are in an awful mood and then take out their negativity on whoever is serving them. I'm a pretty sensitive person and my job has been teaching me to let bad energy roll off me.

Back