Sample Society August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 What is the "Pick 5" approach?
If you receive your box from GB and a featured sample is missing/damaged/broken etc..and, for whatever reason, they no longer have the item in question, they allow you to pick 5 of the products sampled in past boxes as possible replacements, and, in turn, they select one of your choices and mail it out to you.. To the best of my knowledge, this is consistently their response across the board when handling these types of issues, and from what I've seen posted in various other MUT forums, consumers are generally happy with this solution

Everyone seems to be getting a supersize sample!

The Elemental Herbology Cell Plumping -Facial Hydrator is .5 oz - about 1/3 of a $75 full size

Hey everyone, I do not get Sample Society but I love watching all of the boxes.

I received the Supergoop serum in my popsugar last month & I hated that I got sunscreen and didn't think it was anything amazing or exciting compared to a makeup item.

But I decided since I bought the box that I should try it and actually the results are great!

I wear it under my foundation and when I wear it my skin looks amazing. I can't describe it really but compared how my skin used to look like to now its a lot better. I noticed that it helped a lot with hyperpigmentation. On the website it says you can use it as primer, idk about that because I still put on primer but its because I have very oily skin. 

I hope that the ladies that received it this month will give it a chance at least...I know its the most exciting but you may discover a new favorite :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I was on the fence about keeping this subscription and a store credit that requires me to spend more than the credit to fix a problem they caused was, I think, the last straw.  I replied to their email expressing my disappointment and I'll be cancelling SS.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey everyone, I do not get Sample Society but I love watching all of the boxes.

I received the Supergoop serum in my popsugar last month & I hated that I got sunscreen and didn't think it was anything amazing or exciting compared to a makeup item.

But I decided since I bought the box that I should try it and actually the results are great!

I wear it under my foundation and when I wear it my skin looks amazing. I can't describe it really but compared how my skin used to look like to now its a lot better. I noticed that it helped a lot with hyperpigmentation. On the website it says you can use it as primer, idk about that because I still put on primer but its because I have very oily skin. 

I hope that the ladies that received it this month will give it a chance at least...I know its the most exciting but you may discover a new favorite :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Awesome! I wanted to try the serum but I didn't know how it worked with oily skin, and if not well then I'd trade it off. But thanks to you I want to try it out!

I cancelled as well. I need to cut down on the number of boxes I get each month and SS just wasn't exciting enough to keep me interested. I have so many skincare samples it will take me a year to get through them all. 

After emailing CS again with my displeasure, they sent me a new replacement box.  While I appreciate the gesture, I will most likely still cancel next week.

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awesome! I wanted to try the serum but I didn't know how it worked with oily skin, and if not well then I'd trade it off. But thanks to you I want to try it out!
Oh yeah my face is really bad specially my t-zone is super oily. 

But I put moisturizer then the sunscreen then my primer then foundation or tinted moisturizer.

Even after taking my makeup off my skin just looks better, I really don't know how its happening or if the sunscreen has something else in it. 

It doesn't have a really strong sunscreen smell and it blends really nicely into the skin.  

Try it out for sure :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Another empty SuperGoop serum here, as well. I could literally compress the entire tube and no product came out until I mashed it flat against the counter. I emailed CS, hopefully enough complaints will cause them to contact the company. Saying 5mL on the tube and then filling with less than 0.5mL is shady as heck.

Whoa, talk about fast! They responded to my email and are shipping me an entirely new box! Lucky me, the other products I got are all ones I would love to have extras of (Korres gloss in buff, Jane Iredale lash primer, Elemental Herbology moisturizer, and Dr. Hauschka cleanser). Score! What great CS :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the same.  It's frustrating, and makes me to never, ever want to buy Supergoop.  Shady, shady.  I'm about to email customer service myself.

Whoa, talk about fast! They responded to my email and are shipping me an entirely new box! Lucky me, the other products I got are all ones I would love to have extras of (Korres gloss in buff, Jane Iredale lash primer, Elemental Herbology moisturizer, and Dr. Hauschka cleanser). Score! What great CS :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's very nice! It stinks that by the time I get my box (after everyone else) and realize its empty all the boxes have been given out to others with the same problem and I'll get a credit which I don't use. It has happened 3 times so far.

I didn't want to, but I am SO close to canceling.  I just heard back from them, and here is their reply:

Hello Jamie,

First off, thanks for reaching out to us about this issue. Secondly, oh no!! I'm truly sorry about you being offended from the previous agents response and not pleased with the Supergoop products. As customer myself, I completely understand your disappointment with this situation as a whole, and I'll be more than happy to help you out here.

After taking a look into this, I can understand why the previous agents may have processed refunds or credits for recent mishaps, and that is because unlike regular orders, the Sample Society boxes are pre-generated. There isn't a huge supply, so replacements, which would always be a better alternative than a credt/refund, are not always an available option.

We are definitely working on ways to improve your experience with the Sample Society. Again, I apologize for this HUGE inconvenience. For any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this email or give us a call at 1-888-696-0423. We are available 24/7 and are always happy to help!

All the best,

Samuel G.
Customer Care Team
BeautyBar.com, A Family Hood Site

I'm pretty pissed.  This tells me absolutely NOTHING that they are going to do.  WTH?!

I didn't want to, but I am SO close to canceling.  I just heard back from them, and here is their reply: ***** Hello Jamie, First off, thanks for reaching out to us about this issue. Secondly, oh no!! I'm truly sorry about you being offended from the previous agents response and not pleased with the Supergoop products. As customer myself, I completely understand your disappointment with this situation as a whole, and I'll be more than happy to help you out here. After taking a look into this, I can understand why the previous agents may have processed refunds or credits for recent mishaps, and that is because unlike regular orders, the Sample Society boxes are pre-generated. There isn't a huge supply, so replacements, which would always be a better alternative than a credt/refund, are not always an available option. We are definitely working on ways to improve your experience with the Sample Society. Again, I apologize for this HUGE inconvenience. For any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this email or give us a call at 1-888-696-0423. We are available 24/7 and are always happy to help! All the best, Samuel G. Customer Care Team BeautyBar.com, A Family Hood Site ***** I'm pretty pissed.  This tells me absolutely NOTHING that they are going to do.  WTH?!
Yep. 'm having a pity party for myself tonight. My sample was empty again and do they offer to send me another sample? No. Do they offer another box like many get? No. I get (again) a credit which I'll never use. This is 3 or 4 times that others get new boxes, replacement samples, or even a full size product and I always get the customer service rep who offers a $10 credit. I know they don't have to give me anything but it makes me feel like a less important customer when they send others replacements and I get "I'm sorry you're not happy with your box" here's $ to use in the store which you haven't bought anything from in almost a year. I try to be nice and say how much I love (whatever I love in the box) and was excited to try the (empty/missing sample). Then I add I thought you should know it was missing/empty. Maybe I shouldn't be so nice because it's not working.

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep. 'm having a pity party for myself tonight. My sample was empty again and do they offer to send me another sample? No. Do they offer another box like many get? No. I get (again) a credit which I'll never use. This is 3 or 4 times that others get new boxes, replacement samples, or even a full size product and I always get the customer service rep who offers a $10 credit. I know they don't have to give me anything but it makes me feel like a less important customer when they send others replacements and I get "I'm sorry you're not happy with your box" here's $ to use in the store which you haven't bought anything from in almost a year. I try to be nice and say how much I love (whatever I love in the box) and was excited to try the (empty/missing sample). Then I add I thought you should know it was missing/empty. Maybe I shouldn't be so nice because it's not working.
When we had the empty Supergoops last month, I emailed them about it and they offered me a credit. So I emailed back and just asked them why it was that they were offering such varied resolutions for the exact same problem, and why some people were getting full-sized products, while others got varied amounts of credit and replacement boxes. They basically told me that they pretty much leave it up to each customer service rep to determine how to resolve each issue. I'm pretty sure they even used "There are many ways to skin a cat...blah blah, each situation is different." Totally bogus, since we all had the exact same issue. She did say that there should have never been a full-sized product given to someone to replace an empty sample, but beyond that, she pretty much just said sorry, but our reps can do whatever they want. They have great, friendly CS reps that are willing to help and respond quickly to complaints, but they need to have some kind of set rules that all the reps follow regarding how they handle issues with boxes so that they don't have people mad (and rightfully so!) that they got a $5 credit while someone else got a replacement box. 

On a similar note, I officially HATE UPS!!!! My SS box and a package from a trade were supposed to be delivered Tuesday. So I check my tracking yesterday, and both packages show that they were dropped off at my door. I was home, in my living room, all day. Plus, my dog was having tummy troubles so I took him out a million times that day. This means that, once again (this happened once with a Sephora order a few months ago), the driver couldn't find my apartment. So instead of doing the common sense thing and taking the packages to the leasing office, they just dropped them off somewhere in or around my building. So I had to be on the phone with UPS forever yesterday so that can now launch an investigation to figure out where the hell my packages went! I'm almost tempted to cancel SS just because they ship via UPS, and would just rather not deal with UPS in any way anymore. I will say that SS CS was very cool about it. At one point I was on a 3-way call with UPS and SS (this was such a damn ordeal!!), but they are, I guess, overnighting me a new box because she said I would have it today! 

Hey all, I'm thinking about joining Sample Society - I love this month's box and I'm looking to try a new subscription.  Does Beauty Bar usually have any promo codes for their subscription boxes?

I don't think they've ever had any promo codes to join up, but I could be wrong.

Add me to the list of empty supergoop AGAIN! Ugh. But the lady was really nice and refunded me $15! Sooo I went and bought these candles that my boyfriend has been not-so-subtly hinting to me about.

The inconsistency in what they are offering customers for the empty Supergoop really bothers me. They offered to replace my sample. Looks like it was delivered to my place today. I'll have to see what they sent when I get home.

Latest posts

Back