Sample Society August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit A

I'm always kit a. I think like 4 months ago I was a Kit E, but doesn't seem to vary much for me.

Hmmm Buff 11 is actually a "sheer milky pink"... but I think I prefer Golden Pink 22. And they say its not sticky which is always a plus to me!

Kit A.

I am bored. I am happy about 2 of the products but the rest make me yawn.

I am totally over-subbed. So it's "not you, it's me".

But still...

I think this is my last month for a while.

I've been charged, but my dashboard still shows the last shipment being March (which was the last month before I quit).  

Edited to say: It has been updated after all.  I was looking at the wrong place.  It hasn't shipped yet, but I'm getting Kit A.  I'm pretty annoyed because it's nothing but skin care and I want MAKEUP, not skin care.  Dang it!  Another disappointment from yet another sub.

Awww boo. Mine hasn't updated yet. I'm dying to know what's in Kit B! So far the contents of the kits I have seen have been pretty underwhelming. BAHH, I have such a love/hate relationship with SS. I never really get excited by many of the things I get, yet I always end up using and liking most of what I get! 

I'm surprised no one has called to find out the rest of the Kit's contents.  What are there A-E?  We know A & D? 

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm surprised no one has called to find out the rest of the Kit's contents.  What are there A-E?  We know A & D? 
I did my due diligence, and after three phone calls and three different CS reps, I managed to find out the contents of my box (Kit D)..judging from the contents of Kit A, it doesn't appear as though there's going to be as much variation in the boxes this month, as opposed to last month...I'm also not seeing anyone claim to be getting "Kit I" or any other letter further along than D, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if, after the epic fail last month, their subscription numbers have dropped considerably resulting in much more consistency in box contents

I've been charged, but my dashboard still shows the last shipment being March (which was the last month before I quit).   Edited to say: It has been updated after all.  I was looking at the wrong place.  It hasn't shipped yet, but I'm getting Kit A.  I'm pretty annoyed because it's nothing but skin care and I want MAKEUP, not skin care.  Dang it!  Another disappointment from yet another sub.
I think SS has always sent out mostly skin care. I love it for that reason (although I agree with others that its boring) but I have other subs that give more makeup so it balances out.

While I'm not super excited about all of these products, I may use the coupon to stock up on some Korres skincare that I love. That's exciting to me!

This is my first month and I'm getting Kit D. I had totally forgotten I subbed until earlier today. 
icon_redface.gif

I did my due diligence, and after three phone calls and three different CS reps, I managed to find out the contents of my box (Kit D)..judging from the contents of Kit A, it doesn't appear as though there's going to be as much variation in the boxes this month, as opposed to last month...I'm also not seeing anyone claim to be getting "Kit I" or any other letter further along than D, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if, after the epic fail last month, their subscription numbers have dropped considerably resulting in much more consistency in box contents
I was an H or I last month. I canceled. Now I don't have much regret.

Kit A,  Goop must have dumped 50 metric tons of crap on subs. At least I have what feels like a lifetime supply of the stuff from BB, PSMH, SS.

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kit A,  Goop must have dumped 50 metric tons of crap on subs. At least I have what feels like a lifetime supply of the stuff from BB, PSMH, SS.
GAH....So incredibly true.. Don't these beauty brands realize that over-submersion of their products can actually have the reverse effect of what their seeking??

Does anyone know what's in Kit B?!? My dashboard still hasn't updated, and the site is being all weird and wonky too. They might be working on updating them now, but I'm impatient.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GAH....So incredibly true.. Don't these beauty brands realize that over-submersion of their products can actually have the reverse effect of what their seeking??

Exactly! Exhibit A: Coola... I have no desire to ever see one of their products again because they have been rammed down my throat all summer long. I've seen Goop everywhere as well but this will be my first time receiving it. Thankfully summer is almost over so hopefully we won't see as many SPF products in our various boxes for a bit. 

Just checked my dash- Yay more tiny makeup packaging!!! It looks really cute. 

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just checked my dash- Yay more tiny makeup packaging!!! It looks really cute. 
I love tiny packaging. LOL! I'm particularly obsessed with mini lip glosses and lipsticks.

Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love tiny packaging. LOL! I'm particularly obsessed with mini lip glosses and lipsticks.
ME TOO!!! I have one lip gloss from Anastasia, it's super cute but I hate sticky glosses... sadness.

I also have little lipsticks from::

MUFE - red color

Kat Von D - a set of 6

Givenchy - dunno how to spell it but it was a 100pt perk at Sephora

Dior - part of a 500pt perk at Sephora

Bite Beauty

Jouer - little glosses

and the list goes on and on.

LOL 

My dashboard picture is broken. I want to see the tiny makeup too!! 
scared.gif

Latest posts

Back