Sample Society August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The inconsistency in what they are offering customers for the empty Supergoop really bothers me. They offered to replace my sample. Looks like it was delivered to my place today. I'll have to see what they sent when I get home.
I'm curious what you received and when you contacted them about the sample.  I called last week to let them know about the empty Supergood sample (again) and was told they would send out a replacement box.  I was very excited because of all the times I'd had an empty or missing sample they have never replaced it, but have always offered a credit.  He said it was to arrive last Saturday.  I called this morning and asked if there was tracking because I haven't received it.  The lady told me that I had called too late in the month (I called on the 7th) and the warehouse had packed up all the samples already and gave me a credit.

I wrote them an email this morning asking that they keep some samples available as replacements.  I live in the southwest and just moved to a tiny town which added a day or two to the already long shipping time.  With that policy I will never be able to receive a replacement if there is a problem.  It doesn't seem right that they pack up samples before all (or most of) the customers have receive their bags. 

I've always been bummed that I've received my box too late and have only received a credit when a sample is missing, so this month when I received it on the 7th I was so excited.  I was looking forward to the sunscreen because I have tried a lot of sunscreens and I can't find one that will keep me from getting sun spots on my cheeks and nose.  They just get darker and I get more of them every time I'm outside for any length of time no matter if I wear sunscreen or not.  So I'm trying to find one that will work.  I loved the lip gloss though and am stalking eBay to see if anyone is selling theirs.  I love tiny lippies!

So, I cancelled yesterday. The boxes were alright. Not great, but I got use out of a lot of what I got and I've gotten some pretty great products from them. My biggest issue is with the fact they ship UPS. My apartment community consists of several buildings and LOTS of apartments, and they aren't very well marked, so delivery people of all sorts have a terrible time trying to find apartments here. Back around Nov. I had a Sephora order that was delivered to the wrong apartment. I had to call UPS and start an investigation, including an hour on the phone with UPS, which at one point was a 3 way call with Sephora CS, and it was a giant pain in the ass. Luckily the man whose apartment they took my package to was nice enough to return it to me later that evening. Then, when they "misdelivered" my SS box this box, as well as a trade that was supposed to arrive with it, I had to do the whole investigation thing again. If anyone has ever had an issue like this with UPS, you can understand my frustration. Two days after I filed the investigation, a driver showed up at my door with papers for me to sign stating that I didn't receive the packages, and he was SO RUDE! He basically badgered me about whether or not I called the police, because clearly my packages had to have been stolen, that was just the only explanation. After I explained to him that I was in my living room right next to the door all day, and had taken my dog out a million times, and there was no way the packages were delivered because I would have seen them or heard the driver at the door (and if they were stolen it would have had to have been some sort of ninja thief!), he backed off. Then, the next day, my packages showed up at my door. No knock or anything, just left there. It's obvious that the driver probably couldn't find my apartment so he just didn't deliver my packages at all (instead of doing the logical thing and taking them to the leasing office), and entered into their system that he did. I was SO MAD!!! After all that, I am avoiding UPS at ALL COSTS. I just can't take the chance that my packages might not get delivered anymore. Maybe I might consider resubbing in the future if they change their method of shipping, but for now I'm moving on to Glossybox. 

I get some of my boxes delivered to work, Sample Society specifically because they ship UPS.  I've had packages turn up missing at my apartment.

I'm curious what you received and when you contacted them about the sample.  I called last week to let them know about the empty Supergood sample (again) and was told they would send out a replacement box.  I was very excited because of all the times I'd had an empty or missing sample they have never replaced it, but have always offered a credit.  He said it was to arrive last Saturday.  I called this morning and asked if there was tracking because I haven't received it.  The lady told me that I had called too late in the month (I called on the 7th) and the warehouse had packed up all the samples already and gave me a credit. I wrote them an email this morning asking that they keep some samples available as replacements.  I live in the southwest and just moved to a tiny town which added a day or two to the already long shipping time.  With that policy I will never be able to receive a replacement if there is a problem.  It doesn't seem right that they pack up samples before all (or most of) the customers have receive their bags.  I've always been bummed that I've received my box too late and have only received a credit when a sample is missing, so this month when I received it on the 7th I was so excited.  I was looking forward to the sunscreen because I have tried a lot of sunscreens and I can't find one that will keep me from getting sun spots on my cheeks and nose.  They just get darker and I get more of them every time I'm outside for any length of time no matter if I wear sunscreen or not.  So I'm trying to find one that will work.  I loved the lip gloss though and am stalking eBay to see if anyone is selling theirs.  I love tiny lippies!
They actually sent me a replacement box with another empty Supergoop sample. When I spoke to the rep, she said she was just going to replace the Supergoop. Good news is that I received the Korres sample in a different color than my 1st box.

Latest posts

Back