Sample Society: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled Sample Society yesterday. It's not because of anything other than the fact that I rarely end up using the products I get. I did like Sample Society though and maybe once I work through more of my samples (I an entire plastic tub of skin stuff waiting to be tried), I'll resub. 

I canceled today. This wasn't a bad box, but I'm just not excited to get it. I've loved a few things I've gotten, but I haven't purchased a single one of them. Plus I am so freaking tired of getting brown/pink lip stuff from them.

If anyone does not want their eye cream or the murad wrinkle cream from this months box I would love to trade.  I am one of the crazy ones who prefer skin care to makeup so I have most of my past Ipsy boxes up for trade.  I haven't received my 2 BB yet either so I will be adding more things to my trade list.

I loved my box as I do most of the Sample Society boxes. Might have to do with the fact I'm 31 and need those anti-aging products more than I need blue eyeliner. And my favorite eye cream was recently discontinued so I was thrilled to see that sample. Also, as a pale redhead, the BB cream works great on me.

If anyone doesn't want their Murad, Delaney or BB cream samples, I would love to trade. Here is what I have:

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Petrol Blue 0.14oz

Diptyque Perfume Sample 0.06oz

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in bronzed 0.17oz

Murad Absolute Bronzing Boost 0.17oz

Borghese Body Creme 1oz

Vichy Liftactiv CxP UV 0.1 oz

Oribe Creme for Style Packet 0.23oz

Just message me!

I just cancelled as well. I gave away everything from last month's box and really have been excited with any of the boxes since I joined a few months ago. I need to get these subs under control and only keep my faves.

It looks like a few people have canceled their Sample Society subscriptions.  I LOVE Sample Society, and usually like most everything I recieve my box each month, even though its rare that I purchase the full size products. 

I love the scent of the LIving Grace gel that was in the December box.  I just purchased that and the body moisturizer.  I really love the Delaney eye cream that was in the December box as well, but I'm not sure if I love it enough to purchase the full size.   I'm not sure about the CC cream.  The shade is a little light for me, so I've been using it to brighten up my eye area.  It works well for that.  I recieved a Juice Beauty CC cream in both my December Birchboxes and I am in love with that one! 

Just an FYI to anyone who might be interested - Beautybar.com has the Stila E! Live From The Red Carpet Glamour Goddess palette on sale for 14.00. (marked down from 25.00).  It comes with a full size Smudge Stick in the Lionfish shade. The Smudge Sticks are usually 20.00.  I absolutely adore Stila's Smudge Sticks.  After I made my purchase on the Beauty Bar website, I checked out Stila's website. They have the Smudge Stick in Purple Tang on clearance for 5.00.  Shipping is free for any regular priced item, so I got another Smudge Stick in Triggerfish.  The Purple Tang is my favorite. I've already gone through 2 of them.  I'm not one for bright eyeliner and the Purple Tang gives a little color but is subtle.  I also smudge it on my lids for shadow sometimes.

If anyone is looking for the 5 dollar Purple Tang Smudge Stick, make sure you look under the "phased out favorites" under the Makeup tab.  It is also with the not on sale makeup for 20.00.  I dont know why they did that, unless maybe its old, but whenever I shop on the Stila website, I always purchase from the Phased Out page and get great deals, and havent had any issues with quality.  Also, for anyone likes the Stila lip glazes, they have the Tiki trio on sale for 5.00 for the 3 pack. 

Originally Posted by vugrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just cancelled as well. I gave away everything from last month's box and really have been excited with any of the boxes since I joined a few months ago. I need to get these subs under control and only keep my faves.
It makes sense to just keep your faves. 

I had Sample Society, 2 Birchboxes and Ipsy, and joined New Beauty Test Tube last week.  I ended up canceling Ipsy because I give away most everything I get in my Glam Bags.  It just doesn't make sense to keep it.   Having multiple subsciptions is fun for a while, but then it gets to be a bit much.  I love both Sample Society and Birchbox, but I might cancel one of my Birchbox subscriptions and keep just one Birchbox and Sample Society.  The New Beauty Test Tube is only 3 or 4 times a year as opposed to every month so thats a little different than getting boxes every month.

I'm keeping mine for now.  I've never not liked something I've gotten (other than the color of lipstick I got, but whatever!)  In face, I got the Diptyque perfume for Xmas from my hubby.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

My checking account has a hold for 15.00.  I just checked and I have a reciept for the January Sample Society box.  I'm getting Kit B. 

Latest posts

Back