Sample Society: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS is by FAR my favorite sub. I loved everything in my box this month!

- I'll admit my fave product to receive is skincare stuff (I'm 33, for the record). I don't wear much makeup, and already have a ton anyways. Skincare is expensive, makeup is not. So I feel this box gives me the best bang for my buck.

Originally Posted by aerofish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SS is by FAR my favorite sub. I loved everything in my box this month!

- I'll admit my fave product to receive is skincare stuff (I'm 33, for the record). I don't wear much makeup, and already have a ton anyways. Skincare is expensive, makeup is not. So I feel this box gives me the best bang for my buck.

I agree, SS is my favorite. They do a great job of balancing out the skincare and cosmetic samples. 

SS gives me items that I haven't tried or didn't know about. Most of the other boxes have recognized brands, which may be good or bad.  It is not makeup centered though and I think many members are disappointed with that. They also have amazing customer service and deliver like clockwork. If you want a mix of makeup, skincare, haircare, nails, perfume then this is perfect. If you are looking for only makeup, this is not for you.

So I wanted to post this and give credit to Sample Society for something really nice they did for me today.

I had an exact duplicate of the Jane Iredale mascara in my box that I had already received in my August box. Plus I had a product that was wrong via what was displaying on my dashboard. So I called SS today and politely explained my issues and spoke with a guy named Jason who looked into it and because they were out of the samples and because my box had 2 mistakes they just refined me the money for the box. I told him to please not do that (I know I am weird but I hate getting stuff for free) and he told me it was no problem at all. I think they went above and beyond anything they had to do for me and just wanted to share it with all of you. Anyhow, I did my video on my vlog for SS today and made sure to include this info there as well because I do think a positive customer service speaks volumes.

I've only had SS for three months now, but I've been pleasantly happy with them.  I've fallen in love with at least one product in each box so far (I wish I could shell out $34 for that lipstick we got last month!) and have only really had one thing I didn't like at all (the gloss this month...I don't wear gloss and between three different subs I'm in gloss overload).  So, I think I'll stick with them for sure.  

I just wish they had an option for our boxes to be delivered at the PO.  Living in an apartment, I don't trust the people who live here enough to have my box sit up in the office all day.  At least at the PO, they'll put a notice in my po box and it'll be safe and sound until I can pick it up.  

Has anyone tried the Hanskin Super Magic BB cream?

It's a Korean brand and not very popular in the states (yet)....

Would love to hear your comments, thoughts, comparisons to other BB creams...etc.

I am kind of new to BB creams, so I am not sure what to expect.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would love to hear your comments, thoughts, comparisons to other BB creams...etc.

Thanks!
I haven't tried it yet, but my friend who also gets SS said she already used her coupon and ordered the BB cream and Shower Gel because she liked them so much!

I really had a lot of overlap this month! I got a full sized lip gloss and a bb or cc cream in each of my main 3 boxes (BB, IPSY, SS)

Originally Posted by LunaFaerie79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I wanted to post this and give credit to Sample Society for something really nice they did for me today.

I had an exact duplicate of the Jane Iredale mascara in my box that I had already received in my August box. Plus I had a product that was wrong via what was displaying on my dashboard. So I called SS today and politely explained my issues and spoke with a guy named Jason who looked into it and because they were out of the samples and because my box had 2 mistakes they just refined me the money for the box. I told him to please not do that (I know I am weird but I hate getting stuff for free) and he told me it was no problem at all. I think they went above and beyond anything they had to do for me and just wanted to share it with all of you. Anyhow, I did my video on my vlog for SS today and made sure to include this info there as well because I do think a positive customer service speaks volumes.
That does sound like SS - they have phenomenal customer service - that has been my experience, and what I hear the experience of everyone else. SS has the back-office stuff running like clockwork, and I really appreciate that about them.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried it yet, but my friend who also gets SS said she already used her coupon and ordered the BB cream and Shower Gel because she liked them so much!

I really had a lot of overlap this month! I got a full sized lip gloss and a bb or cc cream in each of my main 3 boxes (BB, IPSY, SS)
Wow...that's good to hear.

I need to buy a BB and I like Dr Jart a lot but wanted a bit more coverage.

thanks!

Me too!
 I like Missha the best. I was thrilled when Glossybox included the full size! Skin 79 didn't last on me, but I only tried a couple of the formulas. What did you choose?

Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have used several Korean BB creams, and I like Skin 79 the best, by far.

Oh, and the Korean ones are the BEST. So far, none of the non-Asian ones have done it for me!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and the Korean ones are the BEST. So far, none of the non-Asian ones have done it for me!
Yes...that seems to be the consensus.

I was considering Dr Jart ( I have a bunch of BB points to use) or HanSkin if I liked it. (and finally make use of the SS code)

The Missha came in my GB, but it was in #13...way too light for me to use :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I couldn't test it out.

Thanks for you help!!!!

Edit: Btw, my main concern is to even out skin tone and reduce redness. So I would need a bit of coverage. I would wear it alone on low maintenance days, :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but mostly it will go under foundation.

Yes...that seems to be the consensus.

I was considering Dr Jart ( I have a bunch of BB points to use) or HanSkin if I liked it. (and finally make use of the SS code)

The Missha came in my GB, but it was in #13...way too light for me to use :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I couldn't test it out.

Thanks for you help!!!!

Edit: Btw, my main concern is to even out skin tone and reduce redness. So I would need a bit of coverage. I would wear it alone on low maintenance days, :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but mostly it will go under foundation.
Me too--to even out skin tone and reduce redness, that is!  My fave is the Boscia BB Cream.  I like that it's buildable for spot coverage. I've tried: Skin79 (the pink one is pretty good), Missha (wanted to love this), Clinique, Dr. Jart (doesn't build for spot coverage), and Smashbox (too heavy).  

I love my skin 79 as well. I use the pink and the gold depending on the day. I tried to swatch the Hansen on my hand and wasn't really thrilled with the color or the feel of it. Oh well... I think I'm cancelling SS. I have tried it for 3 months now and am never excited about the contents. 

I received my first SS box yesterday and I was super pleased. I loved everything in there! I am only 28 but I figure its never to early to really start taking care of your skin! I got the Hanskin BB cream in my box and I am waiting for a day I don't have to leave the house to try it out! I've never used a B.B. Cream before so I am excited to try!

I tried the BB cream from the packet today and surprisingly, it matched my skintone perfectly and felt really nice going on.  I did notice as I was washing it off of my fingers that it seems to be oil-based, which isn't going to be good for my already oily skin.  I imagine that within an hour or two though, I'll be super shiny.   For now though, it looks and feels nice.

I did try the Murad last night, and I really liked it!  I've never been a huge fan of Murad products, but this one might be a winner!  I've used prescription retinol products in the past but they've been a bit too harsh for me, so I was intrigued by this.  It was moisturizing and my skin looked fantastic this morning.

Back